Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are you hitting monsters with?
Bow
Charge Blade
Dual Blades
Great Sword
Gunlance
Hammer
Heavy Bowgun
Hunting Horn
Insect Glaive
Lance
Light Bowgun
Longsword
Switch Axe
Sword and Shield
View Results

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Are you playing modded? and what Proton are you using? I had to switch to GE-Proton for sunbreak because the default compatibility layer would not player nice with reframework and cause all sorts of hitching issues in the framerate.

(currently using GE-Proton7-55 I update every couple of months to the latest)

I'm not using any mods and haven't even set up GE, but that's a good idea, so I'll try that next. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
As a hammer player I love Bagel if only for the times where you’re locked into a trajectory that you realize too late lands you right on a bomb.

Hurts like hell but it’s funny every time.

Wellwinds
Mar 20, 2010

PoptartsNinja posted:

I agree with you but I can understand why they didn't. Rise doesn't have a zone that matches her, visually, except for Narwa's coral castle arena and limiting Namielle to one arena wouldn't be very fun.

They couldn't put her in Frost Islands, Flooded Forest, Lava Caverns, or the Jungle because her floor slime would be invisible in the water and just having her electrify all the water in their watery bits probably wouldn't be very fun. She doesn't fit in Shrine Ruins or Sandy Plains, the Citadel, or the Forelorn Area.

Just like Namielle really completed the Coral Highlands, she herself would feel kinda out-of-place without them. You could absolutely design an area she'd work well in that wasn't the highlands, but the area would have to have been made with her in mind and none of Rise's maps were.

I think its sort of notable that even though you could get away with putting several of them somewhere else, none of the coral highlands/rotten vale monsters made it into rise

I wonder (hope) if they're keeping that for another new world setting game

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

If there's one thing Monster Hunter is good at it's recycling content (this is good) so I expect all if not most of the World maps to return if the new games still take place in the New World.

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?

Your Computer posted:

Cool MHDos post

As someone who only played MH1 for a very small time as a kid but was always curious about revisiting, and as someone who is recently appreciating a lot of old-school games that ask for greater commitment and don't give instant gratification and being so much better for doing so, your post got me hype into checking out MHDos! Been playing it so far and quite enjoying both the nostalgia and the breath of fresh air.

At the end of the day, though, I imagine this is something I'm only going to appreciate from a distance, haha! There is certainly something to be said about the satisfying power of a slow burn, but I'm just not that young anymore to have the time to fully commit to the experience. It also can just be very frustrating no matter how you slice it, and here's an example scenario I personally went through:

Ok, gotta gather some unique mushrooms! I remember they were over here...oh there's a bunch of velociprey around: I don't wanna get attacked while gathering since the animation takes so long so let's find another spot. This spot has a bullfango, let's try another. This one has velociprey too, this is getting hopeless...oh, maybe I can sneak it! Nope, they see me instantly...maybe if I zone out and sneak while zoning back in? Nope, they still see me. Ok fine, fair is fair, let's kill all of them and then we can gather in peace! drat this is taking a long time to cut this group down, and I hate how the corpses disappear so fast so I'm not going to be able to carve any velociprey for all this hard work except the last one. Wait a minute, there were 3 velociprey, I just killed 2, and now there are still 3: are they just gonna keep respawning!? Ok screw this, I'll just force gather and eat some hits, let's just get this done for fucks sake! Argh, I keep getting blue mushrooms and I'm getting clobbered! Great, this mushroom patch ran out but it still made me do that last gather just to confirm it instead of having the patch disappear like a corpse would, and I got hit again...you get the picture.

It felt like a bummer because even though I was willing to meet it half-way and play by its hardcore rules by using stealth or killing the monsters to gather in peace, it didn't even accept that! Also there are just tons of other inconveniences, like how you can't sleep to pass time without paying money so you can be stuck in bad conditions unless you eat a penalty (though I imagine later on it's a non issue, and it's only giving you a fee to make you unable to skip experiencing night and seasons), and it's lacking modern conveniences like 'oh I forgot to eat before embarking, lemme go to the house-oh i'm locked out, gonna cancel the quest first' stuff. And the claw grip, the claw grip for camera control! My poor hands hurt just from using a controller normally, for goodness sake!

Having said all that, I will stick with it for a bit longer! Again, I don't think it's objectively bad, rather it's providing a unique perspective that I can appreciate...for a bit more. At the very least, I'd like to get to a big starter fight like Yian Kut-ku which is where I believe kid me left off in MH1 (where I remember me using a light bowgun with only weak lv1 bullets because I didn't want to waste money on expensive bullets and it taking forever).

FutureCop fucked around with this message at 06:02 on May 16, 2023

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

trevorreznik posted:

Just fought risen Kush for the first time, well before I unlocked his quest. Doing him in anomalies first! I'm now tempted to refuse to raise my MR with the level 100 cap and just do all equipment farming in anomalies , if that's at all possible.

I also just got through doing flaming espinas in anomalies and it went real bad til I finally soloed him. Everyone, including me, would randomly mess up against his giant aoe. And its annoyingly programmed to hit a final time and cart you through moxie.

So personally, I kinda actually really like the Risen Kush fight (albeit I'm still around 160ish AR, I'm definitely slacking there). With Lance, it almost feels like Kushala takes its turn, does it's 3-4 or so moves I guard through (because I'm a dweeb with Guard 5/Embolden 3/Guard Up 1 and want to tank my way through everything), then roars to give me a chance to get a Leaping Thrust combo or two in before repeating. Like, it's almost like a turn-based RPG in how methodical it is, and so far it hasn't taken more than 20 minutes at the most, usually around 15 min. or so per solo quest.

As for Flaming Espenis, it's just one in the latest line of "you want to use the big-rear end shield to actually block? lol gently caress you" moves. Obviously, I'm not a fan, especially when I can just laugh off a Teostra supernova without a problem, but for whatever reason this explosion is different enough to bypass my shield. :rant: Though, since it's a multi-hit that normally eats through a full bar of stamina and then your health, if you happen to have Heaven-Sent and infinite stamina, can you block through it? :abrathink: Outside of that, though, he's just extra spicy Rath.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Aniodia posted:

So personally, I kinda actually really like the Risen Kush fight (albeit I'm still around 160ish AR, I'm definitely slacking there). With Lance, it almost feels like Kushala takes its turn, does it's 3-4 or so moves I guard through (because I'm a dweeb with Guard 5/Embolden 3/Guard Up 1 and want to tank my way through everything), then roars to give me a chance to get a Leaping Thrust combo or two in before repeating. Like, it's almost like a turn-based RPG in how methodical it is, and so far it hasn't taken more than 20 minutes at the most, usually around 15 min. or so per solo quest.

As for Flaming Espenis, it's just one in the latest line of "you want to use the big-rear end shield to actually block? lol gently caress you" moves. Obviously, I'm not a fan, especially when I can just laugh off a Teostra supernova without a problem, but for whatever reason this explosion is different enough to bypass my shield. :rant: Though, since it's a multi-hit that normally eats through a full bar of stamina and then your health, if you happen to have Heaven-Sent and infinite stamina, can you block through it? :abrathink: Outside of that, though, he's just extra spicy Rath.

I don't mind the initial close range explosion since Sheathing Retreat solves a lot of the issues lance has with that stuff normally, but I feel like the follow-up ranged fireball being unblockable as well is a bit much personally.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Started playing 3 Ultimate a few weeks ago. I've been wanting to talk about what I think about it, but kept punting because I feel like I hadn't put enough time into it yet. I'm still in Village high rank, but after 35 hours I'm getting pretty confident my opinion isn't going to change too drastically, so let's dive in (get it? because it's underwa— wait where's everyone going)

Monster Hunter Thrultimate: A Game So Good It Made Me Like Plesioth - a SomethingAwful post, Kaubocks age 30-something gently caress man I can't remember right now

My general history with Monster Hunter: I'm a fifth fleeter. Proudly. I started in World/Iceborne and it's probably still my favorite game. In general I feel like Monster Hunter is just that kind of series, where everyone's first one is going to be their favorite one. I've played Rise/Sunbreak, have since gone back to play Generations Ultimate, and even a little bit of Freedom Unite and 4 Ultimate (not enough in those two to really feel like I can say "I've played them", but I've touched them enough to have a general opinion on them.) In playing others I understand simultaneously why World popped into the western market so hard, and also why old time fans can have problems with it... but even with its flaws I cannot deny that it just clicks with me on a deeper level that the other games haven't really matched.

I booted up 3U on a whim. Can't really point to why. Wasn't really feeling FU or 4U at the time, wanted to try third gen for the time but couldn't be hosed to emulate Portable 3rd, I guess. From what I had heard about the game, I wasn't really expecting to like it, so I figured I could sate my curiosity for an hour and then move onto other games. It basically immediately sunk its hooks into me and hasn't let go.

I've written so many "I love [thing]" lines about 3U in this post for the past half hour and just deleting it because the words don't feel right. I'm finding it really hard to write anything about the game because it's so hard for me to quantify what I like about it... like I'm trying to dissect the game into what's "good" and "bad" about it when there's so many things that are often just both at the same time. I am learning about myself that the most important thing about Monster Hunter to me is just "vibes". It's the first Monster Hunter since World to just fill me with a sense of wonder again, a sense of awe at the scope of it.

The best I can do right now is just, say what happened on my last hunt. I was fighting a Jade Barroth for the first time in the Tundra, nodding sagely at the discovery that this sure is just an ice version of Barroth. That's fine by me— I have a soft spot for my muddy buddy and I'm interested in this new-to-me subspecies. As the fight is winding to a close and he's limping away, he busts through one of the area walls and exposes a completely new area. I had to go back in on a harvest tour to make sure this wasn't just an area I hadn't noticed before. I just can't believe they would hide something like that.

Having played FU, the jump from 2nd gen to 3rd is honestly insane. I'm kind of floored this game doesn't seem to be talked about as much as 4U, but in my (relatively) brief time it's already shot up to being a favorite-game-in-series contender. We'll see how I feel about it compared to World as I play more.

Unrelated note: I'm playing on a 3DS. The stereoscopic 3D actually makes Monster Hunter amazing. The Volcano is so loving pretty, I can't stand it. They should make more Monster Hunter games for the Nintendo 3DS.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Aniodia posted:

Yeah I turtle a lot with my charge blade especially since I don't know most of the movesets on these guys. Flaming esp is pretty unfair when normally I'm just like oh no a super move? I'll keep blocking! Then RIP me

The only time I usually eat a lot of damage is when ive just launched on air hopper and hear a "here it comes!!!" and don't land in time. Maybe I should start wirebugging away but I usually don't save up a safety one.

I also.spemt like 1.5 hours trying to clear and raise investigations for stuff like thickhide, til I finally was able to get in a random one. What a pain in the rear end system

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kaubocks posted:

Started playing 3 Ultimate a few weeks ago. I've been wanting to talk about what I think about it, but kept punting because I feel like I hadn't put enough time into it yet. I'm still in Village high rank, but after 35 hours I'm getting pretty confident my opinion isn't going to change too drastically, so let's dive in (get it? because it's underwa— wait where's everyone going)

Monster Hunter Thrultimate: A Game So Good It Made Me Like Plesioth - a SomethingAwful post, Kaubocks age 30-something gently caress man I can't remember right now

My general history with Monster Hunter: I'm a fifth fleeter. Proudly. I started in World/Iceborne and it's probably still my favorite game. In general I feel like Monster Hunter is just that kind of series, where everyone's first one is going to be their favorite one. I've played Rise/Sunbreak, have since gone back to play Generations Ultimate, and even a little bit of Freedom Unite and 4 Ultimate (not enough in those two to really feel like I can say "I've played them", but I've touched them enough to have a general opinion on them.) In playing others I understand simultaneously why World popped into the western market so hard, and also why old time fans can have problems with it... but even with its flaws I cannot deny that it just clicks with me on a deeper level that the other games haven't really matched.

I booted up 3U on a whim. Can't really point to why. Wasn't really feeling FU or 4U at the time, wanted to try third gen for the time but couldn't be hosed to emulate Portable 3rd, I guess. From what I had heard about the game, I wasn't really expecting to like it, so I figured I could sate my curiosity for an hour and then move onto other games. It basically immediately sunk its hooks into me and hasn't let go.

I've written so many "I love [thing]" lines about 3U in this post for the past half hour and just deleting it because the words don't feel right. I'm finding it really hard to write anything about the game because it's so hard for me to quantify what I like about it... like I'm trying to dissect the game into what's "good" and "bad" about it when there's so many things that are often just both at the same time. I am learning about myself that the most important thing about Monster Hunter to me is just "vibes". It's the first Monster Hunter since World to just fill me with a sense of wonder again, a sense of awe at the scope of it.

The best I can do right now is just, say what happened on my last hunt. I was fighting a Jade Barroth for the first time in the Tundra, nodding sagely at the discovery that this sure is just an ice version of Barroth. That's fine by me— I have a soft spot for my muddy buddy and I'm interested in this new-to-me subspecies. As the fight is winding to a close and he's limping away, he busts through one of the area walls and exposes a completely new area. I had to go back in on a harvest tour to make sure this wasn't just an area I hadn't noticed before. I just can't believe they would hide something like that.

Having played FU, the jump from 2nd gen to 3rd is honestly insane. I'm kind of floored this game doesn't seem to be talked about as much as 4U, but in my (relatively) brief time it's already shot up to being a favorite-game-in-series contender. We'll see how I feel about it compared to World as I play more.

Unrelated note: I'm playing on a 3DS. The stereoscopic 3D actually makes Monster Hunter amazing. The Volcano is so loving pretty, I can't stand it. They should make more Monster Hunter games for the Nintendo 3DS.

I really want to get into 3U next time in the mood for a MonHun game. I started a file about 5 hours and have barely begun but I really like the village + monster roster. Cool about the 3DS version, I have a WiiU copy, idk how different the port is.

What weapon you using? As a charge blade main I had to try out a couple things and haven't really settled on a choice. I really like old lance though, poke poke sidehop repeat is a great rhythm once you get used to it

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

In Training posted:

I really want to get into 3U next time in the mood for a MonHun game. I started a file about 5 hours and have barely begun but I really like the village + monster roster. Cool about the 3DS version, I have a WiiU copy, idk how different the port is.

What weapon you using? As a charge blade main I had to try out a couple things and haven't really settled on a choice. I really like old lance though, poke poke sidehop repeat is a great rhythm once you get used to it

Lance is a solid choice. Especially since it is awesome underwater. Its moveset doesnt really change underwater. Guarding is a great option instead of underwater dodge. And the charge is great for underwater mobility.

DBs are also a good choice and what I used to solo 3U. They haven't changed much since the newer games and their mobility is also nice to have underwater

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I used switch axe through low rank and I’m using hammer in high. They’re my usual mains so I haven’t been struggling in the weapon woes of going backwards. They also seem to work fine underwater, thankfully. I hear lance is really good underwater and I do intend to check it out someday— I’m just spoiled by gen 5 lance and going back to old gen (particularly GU) lance felt kind of bad.

I do hear the Wii U version can have some framerate issues, but I will be real, 3DS does too and it hasn’t ruined my experience. But also I’m the kind of person that can tolerate infrequent performance dips if it means what’s happening on screen is too awesome to render. Bonus upside to Wii U: the font doesn’t look miserable lol. Bonus downside to Wii U: no stereoscopic 3D makes depth perception underwater harder.

I actually just got a new battery for my Wii U gamepad in the mail today and plan on hooking it up this week. Looking to give it a shot myself.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I decided to say screw Zelda and just captured a Arzuros. I'm actually only like 2 hours in, I have so much to discover lol. Lance feels nice and clunky, I like it

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

DBs are also a good choice and what I used to solo 3U. They haven't changed much since the newer games and their mobility is also nice to have underwater

dual blades are so good in 3u. i played a good 100 hours of the game and the last thing i did was discovering how much i loved the dual blades and then promptly farming up one of each element

the mobility difference between you and the monsters almost feels unfair, in a very fun way. no need to dodge or position when you can simply walk away from everything and run circles around the monster

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

In Training posted:

They're literally the same and even have crossplay and shared saves, and you could even use the WiiU as a bridge to play online with the 3DS

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
I hit AR 300 and just found out I should have been using anti-aerial instead of anti-wyvern to grind risen elders because I'm dumb

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

To be fair, I also spent some time before I realized elders aren't under the wyvern deco.

I also just never change, I slot the fight I most often do for that element and save it, and I'm too lazy to switch otherwise.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Chronojam posted:

They're literally the same and even have crossplay and shared saves, and you could even use the WiiU as a bridge to play online with the 3DS

That's sick. Does the online still work?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Finished painting Teostra.

It was really hard to get a good screenshot of his wing patterns.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Been playing a lot of 3U and only hunted like...Arzuros a million times and a Qurupeco. Feeling LR strong

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

In Training posted:

That's sick. Does the online still work?

Servers are still up afaik, but I don't think the WiiU will let you download the necessary software to put your 3DS into the online servers anymore if you didn't grab it before the shop closure.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

In Training posted:

playing a lot of 3U

yes…….. yes!!!!!!!

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Chronojam posted:

It's how i played 3U originally, i played on Wii-U while my brother played on his 3DS :v:

Hell, it was an LP of Tri going on on the Lets Play forum at the time that even got me to try Monster Hunter out at all! i think he was fighting Agnaktor and i just had to play the game that had you fighting lazer spitting mole things in a volcano

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Dear lord, a level 138 investigation (im mr 104) vs risen shagaru magala took me like 35 minutes solo with npc helpers. I just could not ever find windows to get off a SAED. good example was when he was powered up, he'd do a 1 2 3 punch combo, then rear back , come in with double slam, THEN two more delayed explosions would trigger. I tried to axe hopper after coming out of blocking animation and got hit with his pin attack before i could even lift off

He just has so many moves where he attacks while jumping backwards, good grief. I think I ended up riding monsters 5 times, that was the only reason I was able to even do damage

trevorreznik fucked around with this message at 16:26 on May 19, 2023

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Risen valstrax down, had to do a quest of him + apex mitzutse + gold rath. Public randoms kept dying so did it solo, slowly. I'm gonna be done farming up my final build with MR 30 gear pretty soon I hope. It's real funny you can fight these guys barely over MR 100 in anomalies but have to wait forever to do it normally

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
https://twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/1659027461261365248?s=19

I mostly hosted quests on my grind to AR 300 (to avoid multimonster hunts and so I could kick people who join and afk) and yeah this tracks, monsters were always on my rear end

They also patched out the gust crab guard bash interaction. I don't use it, or even guard bash, but I think they should've kept it in, it takes so much set up to pull off it's not even practical so just let people have fun

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Yeah that bug explains why it seemed like distraction didn't do much and why sometimes a buddy and I would spend a minute or two with a monster chasing him while I poked its butt.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Double posting, but gently caress it.
I just had a moment that made me feel incredibly old, as I explained the charm tables from tri to a friend who didn't play that entry and had no idea how a bug like that aggro one could happen.

For folks who didn't play mhtri:
The 'quest rewards' stuff that wasn't based on the monster or fixed by your quest were calculated based on a few loot tables. The game was supposed to figure out what table to look at based on system time and your character's name, then would roll the dice for your reward. Except there was a bug in the code and instead of using current time, it used chargen time, so effectively you were locked into a given table when you made your character.

For most things it didn't matter much, it just meant maybe you'd never get bitter bugs, or would always get a pickaxe in your rewards. However, that table was used to determine a few very big deal things like what kind of charms you could get. In tri the only source of charms were some special mining nodes, and the game rolled the charm's stats at mission completion. So if say you wanted handicraft+3 you had to be on the right tables. People made tools just to look up based on your name and rewards from running a 1 star fishing mission which tables you could have been on.
Most were fine, but there were 1 or 2 utterly cursed tables.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Does anyone else have connection issues on Switch? My wife and I picked up Rise again to go through Sunbreak, and now I can't stay connected to our Hunter Connect at all. It drops me less than a minute in, every single time. We're in the same room, on the same internet and have never had this issue before.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Coolness Averted posted:

Double posting, but gently caress it.
I just had a moment that made me feel incredibly old, as I explained the charm tables from tri to a friend who didn't play that entry and had no idea how a bug like that aggro one could happen.

For folks who didn't play mhtri:
The 'quest rewards' stuff that wasn't based on the monster or fixed by your quest were calculated based on a few loot tables. The game was supposed to figure out what table to look at based on system time and your character's name, then would roll the dice for your reward. Except there was a bug in the code and instead of using current time, it used chargen time, so effectively you were locked into a given table when you made your character.

For most things it didn't matter much, it just meant maybe you'd never get bitter bugs, or would always get a pickaxe in your rewards. However, that table was used to determine a few very big deal things like what kind of charms you could get. In tri the only source of charms were some special mining nodes, and the game rolled the charm's stats at mission completion. So if say you wanted handicraft+3 you had to be on the right tables. People made tools just to look up based on your name and rewards from running a 1 star fishing mission which tables you could have been on.
Most were fine, but there were 1 or 2 utterly cursed tables.

They keep implementing that bug in every game because seemingly every programmer at capcom would rather roll their own poo poo random number generator instead of using a known good one

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Does anyone else have connection issues on Switch? My wife and I picked up Rise again to go through Sunbreak, and now I can't stay connected to our Hunter Connect at all. It drops me less than a minute in, every single time. We're in the same room, on the same internet and have never had this issue before.

Restart your router probably

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

BMan posted:

They keep implementing that bug in every game because seemingly every programmer at capcom would rather roll their own poo poo random number generator instead of using a known good one

Even base Rise had to fix this lovely bug. It pissed me off so much because way back when, I found out I was in one of the doomed tables almost 500 hours into my Tri save.

Didn’t play 3rd Gen again until 3u came out

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

I'm pretty sure that bug was in 3U as well, though by that point there were tools to help figure out the charm table you were on. Specifically, I remember one that involved sending the fishermen out, then plugging in what they brought back into the tool in order to find the table.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Aniodia posted:

I'm pretty sure that bug was in 3U as well, though by that point there were tools to help figure out the charm table you were on. Specifically, I remember one that involved sending the fishermen out, then plugging in what they brought back into the tool in order to find the table.

This trick was mentioned in the post above, but I'm wondering, is the tool still available? I've been playing 3U and would be curious to know my table. I don't plan on playing any crazy post game but I'd like to know just because.

Speaking of, I'm close to the end of LR village and this game owns bones. I'll chip away for a while and hope to eventually finish G hub. I've never solo'd G hub in any of the games with unscaled multi, I've always gone through with a group of 2 - 4.

Cha-cha and Yamaka are kind of ugly and annoying and I miss my palicoes. But otherwise...no complaints. Moga is awesome, I like the village resource collection side hustle as a way to break up some straight hunting goals but it does take a bit too much to keep up with requests and still keep your farm & fishery rolling, since I don't wanna cash in most of my gathering materials. I have armor and weapons to craft for gods sake. Underwater combat is...weird. I really like seeing monster patterns more than I like actually fighting them down there. Flooded Forest, Moga Woods and Volcano are top tier. Desert is kind of eh but I never like MH deserts, and Tundra is straight up bad. Very confusing zone connections and every room kind of looks identical.

Good roster so far especially just for LR. Except duramburos. Stupid swirling loser. Too much health for such a simple fight, and I don't remember the HR/G versions getting any more interesting in his GU iteration. Looking forward to whatever the final boss is.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
3U is when I learned of the cursed tables so yeah it was in that game.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Aniodia posted:

Yup that’s what I remember as well. I made sure I was in a usable table before putting any real effort into 3u. Still never ended up beating G rank because I only played solo and it got to be too much by the end game.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!
https://www.reddit.com/r/MonsterHunter/wiki/charm_tables/

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
https://twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/1661319085332873217?s=19

These fuckers, I swear to god if it's the ability to target specific skills it should've been in from the beginning or at least several title updates ago

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Centzon Totochtin posted:

https://twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/1661319085332873217?s=19

These fuckers, I swear to god if it's the ability to target specific skills it should've been in from the beginning or at least several title updates ago

I bet it’ll copy the mod that lets you lock individual aspect of a roll then roll the rest (at a higher cost)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

In Training posted:

This trick was mentioned in the post above, but I'm wondering, is the tool still available? I've been playing 3U and would be curious to know my table. I don't plan on playing any crazy post game but I'd like to know just because.

It is. I used it when I started my file. It’s called something like “Athena’s Fish Finder” iirc.

I forgot charm tables existed when I started my file or else I would have tried to game it a bit. Thankfully, once I remembered like three hours in, I found I was on a very general “lots of good stuff, nothing amazing” table, which I’ll gladly take lol

EDIT: also yeah for some loving reason the urgent duramboros has like 3x his normal health. it’s obscene. it’s the first quest i failed and it was nearly due to timing out from being unprepared for the war of attrition i was signing up for. no other duramboros is like this

Kaubocks fucked around with this message at 17:32 on May 24, 2023