Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

big black turnout posted:

If he was smart he'd introduce tiers. Twitter blue, black, platinum, whatever, charge increasing amounts for different checkmark color. The people buying it are already obsessed with it as the dumbest loving wealth signifier

The only wealthy south African too stupid to discriminate by wealth and colour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009
I agree that he’d actually make money from tiers. It’s not a wealth signifier to this people though, it’s a group/tribe signifier. They don’t think wealth is inherently good (see: their views on the WEF lot).

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Twitter platinum for $1k a month all of your messages to musk are prioritized for his viewing!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Halisnacks posted:

I agree that he’d actually make money from tiers. It’s not a wealth signifier to this people though, it’s a group/tribe signifier. They don’t think wealth is inherently good (see: their views on the WEF lot).

they absolutely see Twitter Blue as a wealth signifier

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

MrQwerty posted:

Yeah only blue hairs and poors spending $300 a day on Starbucks don't see Blue as good value

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009
If he guaranteed a response to at least one tweet a month people would pay a ridiculous sum.

The most common responses would be “Interesting”, “Looking into it”, “😂”

Edit:

MrQwerty posted:

They see $96 a year as a wealth signifier? Do they argue that the people who aren’t paying for it are too poor, rather than too woke?

Halisnacks fucked around with this message at 06:51 on May 15, 2023

teemolover42069
Apr 6, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

can't wait to hear his analysis of this, which will just be a 3 minute long fart broken up only by him going 'hmm, uh, ah, aha, *incoherent mumbling*, errmm, haha'

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

If he was smart he'd introduce tiers. Twitter blue, black, platinum, whatever, charge increasing amounts for different checkmark color. The people buying it are already obsessed with it as the dumbest loving wealth signifier

That would be smart, but then those tiers would have to have actual features and benefits, which have yet to be built.

Since all the leftists have already left Twitter, algo replies priority is useless.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Halisnacks posted:

They see $96 a year as a wealth signifier? Do they argue that the people who aren’t paying for it are too poor, rather than too woke?

yes

these aren't smart people we're talking about here

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 06:56 on May 15, 2023

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Sywert of Thieves posted:

That would be smart, but then those tiers would have to have actual features and benefits, which have yet to be built.

No, no he wouldn't. They're dumb enough to go for the badge.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Since all the leftists have already left Twitter, algo replies priority is useless.

They just need to go to the top of any replies, and people will happily pay. That's the only real selling point of blue, if black or platinum or whatever prioritizes views above blue the same people will buy it.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

priznat posted:

Twitter platinum for $1k a month all of your messages to musk are prioritized for his viewing!

I'd buy Twitter platinum, just so I could tell Elon to go gently caress himself to his face, then do a charge back on my card when he bans me for asking if Grimes made his rocket explode prematurely.

John Mirra
Dec 18, 2005

Didn't this loving rear end in a top hat increase the character limit to 10,000? It is absolutely not too long for a short post!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Jestery posted:

The only wealthy south African too stupid to discriminate by wealth and colour

yowza lol

Victory Lap
Feb 25, 2001
Gotta market to the whales Elon, bring in some blizzard exec who got outed as a sex pest as ceo, learn the mmo ways and win back catturd.

Old Twitter scammers knew there were idiots willing to pay thousands for a checkmark, then musk gives em away for 8bux

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

the saddest thing I can think of is someone who tweets exactly like a bluecheck but doesn't have one because they can't afford $8

this is biden's america

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009
Since his goals seem to be “make as much money as possible” and “make the service as horrible as possible”, he should definitely go all in on a whale-dependent model and introduce micro-transactions somehow.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

There's a finite number of tiers, which means you're leaving money on the table. Charge $8 per tick and let people buy as many as they want.

Obviously someone with 17 checkmarks gets prioritised above someone with only 11.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

How about an auction system where you choose an amount to pay for each reply, and the tweets are sorted by the amout paid.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

How about an auction system where you choose an amount to pay for each reply, and the tweets are sorted by the amout paid.

and you could put it on the blockchain

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

If you pay more than everyone else combined your tweet gets to replace the original tweet.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

AlmightyBob posted:

the saddest thing I can think of is someone who tweets exactly like a bluecheck but doesn't have one because they can't afford $8

this is biden's america

thanks, obama

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

The Lone Badger posted:

There's a finite number of tiers, which means you're leaving money on the table. Charge $8 per tick and let people buy as many as they want.

Obviously someone with 17 checkmarks gets prioritised above someone with only 11.

Anyone who wants to get a check mark of any colour submits their financial records to Twitter, who then check the maximum they can afford per month, add $20 to that, then rank all posters based on how much money they’ve given Elon.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Spend $500 and you get your tweet into Fash.AI's training data.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Spend $500 and add a tiny jpg of a spaceship to go with your blue tick.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

goatface posted:

Spend $500 and add a tiny jpg of a spaceship to go with your blue tick.

I'm liking the trajectory here

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

spen $500 and reserve a spot as a martian colony thrall

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
For the low low price of $6999.99 Musk will make you Earl of your own plot of land on Mars

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Halisnacks posted:

Not exactly a wealth signifier, but I've seen countless examples of them thinking everyone without a blue check is either broke or cheap. No other possible reason to not spend 8 dollars a month on a service that does nothing on the most pointless website ever.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Halisnacks posted:

Since his goals seem to be “make as much money as possible” and “make the service as horrible as possible”, he should definitely go all in on a whale-dependent model and introduce micro-transactions somehow.

It now costs 10 cents per tweet, with one free tweet per day. Pay $5 to get five bonus tweets FREE!!

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

They just need to go to the top of any replies, and people will happily pay. That's the only real selling point of blue, if black or platinum or whatever prioritizes views above blue the same people will buy it.

This would be hilarious. First replies below an elmo tweet are the gold ticks, then black, then grey, then yellow, then green, then blue, and below that, the actually useful replies.

And yes, paying a variable amount for priority smells incredibly like the average dumb libertarian bitcoin blockchain fantasy.

🤣🤣🤣

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

This would be hilarious. First replies below an elmo tweet are the gold ticks, then black, then grey, then yellow, then green, then blue, and below that, the actually useful replies.

🤣🤣🤣

Finally the platinum plus posters get their time to Ben seen.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
An add-on of just $100 a month gets your name and tweets in a font 2 pts larger than everyone else.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
For just $10 a time, you can make another account follow your own for at least 3 days.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
I have a longer analysis on this, but here's some Monetization info.

Looks like more than 4 steps :shrug:

quote:

Getting paid

Who sets the price of Subscriptions?
A creator sets the monthly price of their Subscription offering by choosing from one of the price points made available by Twitter.
*Note: The price point you choose during setup establishes the price Twitter charges for your Subscription offering.

What if I want to change the subscription price Twitter charges for my Subscriptions offering?
At this point, it isn’t possible to change the price point you chose when you set up your Subscription offering.
In the future, we hope to offer the ability to change Subscriptions prices.

How much revenue can I earn?
You’ll be eligible to get paid up to 97%* of the revenue Twitter has earned from selling access to your Subscriptions, after in-app purchase fees, until you reach $50,000 in lifetime earnings from Twitter across all Twitter monetization products. See a sample revenue breakdown.
*Note: After $50,000 in lifetime earnings, you can get paid up to 80% of the revenue Twitter has earned after in-app purchase fees. Read our Subscriptions Creator Terms for more on the revenue share and what terms and conditions apply.

Sample revenue breakdown**
**for demonstration purposes only

A creator is based in the United States, and their Subscriptions cost is $4.99. Someone from the United States Subscribes (available on iOS and Android, or web),*** paying Twitter in USD.

This creator hasn't yet reached $50,000 in lifetime earnings from Twitter across Twitter's monetization products.

***Note: The example below only applies to iOS app-based purchases, and doesn’t include web-based purchases.
$4.99 - Subscription cost
$1.50 - Apple’s in-app purchase fee (currently, 30% of Subscriptions cost under Apple's terms, subject to change by Apple)
$0.10 - Twitter’s minimum share of the revenue
$3.39 - Creator is eligible to get paid up to this amount by Twitter

How will I get paid?
Once you're approved to move forward as part of the Subscriptions program, you'll need to set up a confirmed account with Stripe, our payout provider.
Stripe determines payout eligibility and methods based on a creator’s location.

When can I get a payout?
No revenue share payments will be paid to you unless we have first recorded and attributed to your content an amount to meet the minimum payment amount of $50. If you don't meet the $50 threshold, the unpaid amount simply rolls over into the next month until the threshold has been met or exceeded.
Please note that estimated revenue share earnings are adjusted when chargebacks are successfully processed. The earnings amount is also adjusted if Apple or Google issues a refund for a Subscription.

I've met the minimum payment amount. Why can’t I request a payout?
Your payout request may not be processed if there is an information mismatch in your account with our payout provider. You may need to re-add your bank account details (or debit card) to your payout provider.

How do refunds work?
All purchases of Subscriptions are final and non-refundable, unless required by law. That includes Subscriptions linked to Twitter accounts that have been suspended, or that you’ve lost access to for any other reason. Subscribers may Unsubscribe for any reason, at any time, and must do so to ensure that they're no longer billed for the Subscription.

How do chargebacks impact my payout?
When a purchase of a subscription from Twitter is subject to a chargeback, we’ll deduct the amount of the chargeback from the creator’s total estimated revenue share earnings. Twitter reserves the right to charge creators for fees Twitter owes associated with chargebacks, but may choose not to do so. Twitter may also recoup from you any fees associated with any chargebacks.

My payout was processed. Why haven’t I received the funds?
Typically, it takes 3-5 business days for funds to appear in your bank account. In some cases, it can take up to 10 business days.

I file taxes in the US, will I receive a Form 1099?
Yes. People in the US will receive an IRS Form 1099 if they've earned more than $600 USD in the previous tax year. A copy of your 1099 form will be sent to you.

Good luck waiting to receive your Form 1099 from T(w)itter!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
For $0.05 per reply, our twitGPT will post replies to all posts on a set topic as you, in your style, and with your feelings.

No it's not a bot. It's an AI assistance tool.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

goatface posted:

An add-on of just $100 a month gets your name and tweets in a font 2 pts larger than everyone else.

I hate that I could see Elon doing this one. Just make the Bluecheck tweets even more obnoxious.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
Elon can do all these things, and even more ridiculous ones, and those weird sycophants will gladly throw their money at him. The fact that he's not doing any of this shows what a terrible businessman he actually is, these people are the easiest marks in the world to get money from because they desperately want to be grifted. It makes them feel important and special. Elon could literally just create Twitter Air, a $69,- a month service that does nothing except cost $69.- a month, and people will sign up for it because they're very, very dumb. He's leaving so much money on the table

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Monthly Twitter "Supporter packs" that award unique and shiny "trophies" for every month at different tiers (Up to $10,000 because why not) as well as a user "trophy cabinet" where the user can display all of their "trophies" they get from their supporter packs, as well as having one of their choice to appear next to their checkmark to brag about how much money they burned on stupid poo poo.

Then just let the e-peen measuring contest and FOMO do its thing. It works exceedingly well for useless poo poo in video games, and chuds are even more gullible than gamers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mr Scumbag posted:

Monthly Twitter "Supporter packs" that award unique and shiny "trophies" for every month at different tiers (Up to $10,000 because why not) as well as a user "trophy cabinet" where the user can display all of their "trophies" they get from their supporter packs, as well as having one appear next to their checkmark.

Then just let the e-peen measuring contest and FOMO do its thing. It works exceedingly well for useless poo poo in video games, and chuds are even more gullible than gamers.

The EU's been, thankfully, catching on to that one. It's why service games are all shifting to a Battlepass model instead of perpetual random lootboxes.