Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

e: very much wrong thread disregard

lol snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

withak posted:

Custom soda pops: defintiely the reason I keep a 0.01g scale around.

How else do you think they make the weed sodas

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
I love my drug scales to measure yarn for knitting (will I run out before I finish) and getting equal blends for a yarn

MagpieConcept
Feb 6, 2022

AliExpress: Struggling To Find a Use That Isn't Drugs

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

MagpieConcept posted:

AliExpress: Struggling To Find a Use That Isn't Drugs or Sex

ftfy

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

This is more fair, them fake feet aint for drugs

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
Dammit, I'm looking for a slide hammer for using once and then never again. I figured Aliexpress would have the perfect hunk of junk at a lower price than my local hardware chain. And of course, there's one, at $10. Except you click through, and the shipping is $50.

Well, off to the hardware store I go, I guess...

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Tad Naff posted:

Good news!

What is "inductive delay"? Google brings up car stuff, and specifying headphones just brings up more ads for headphones that use the term without explaining it.

From context I would assume the vibrations pass slightly slower through bone than through air, so the vibration reaches your ear parts a fraction of a microsecond slower than with normal headphones. Which could be annoying or disorienting for some people. But that doesn't make sense because if that was the case, "non-inductive delay" would be nonsense since no technology will make bone conduct vibrations faster.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
It's just the usual Ali word salad. Don't expect the words on there to mean things.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

It's just the usual Ali word salad. Don't expect the words on there to mean things.

Words have meaning dammit. :negative:

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
Yes. In all parts of the world except the English on Chinese shopping sites.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Post the link, I need one of these

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Splode posted:

Your realise that the scale isn't able to weigh the feather right? It doesn't work.

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

By popular demand posted:

If you like to make your own soda pop syrups that's highly recommended, those flavour concentrates are highly concentrated.

What concentrates do you use? This sounds like a good idea.

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

Splode posted:

Get something that can be calibrated with reference weights. You'll still have change from $20 (including the calibration weights) and you'll have an accurate scale.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

yoloer420 posted:

What concentrates do you use? This sounds like a good idea.

Years ago I ordered from Newport flavours and their products were good but I eventually decided against ordering again since the shipping cost to Israel was so steep.
Since then I've just been using what I can find locally.

You can also try food grade essential oils but those are harder to buy in small quantities and require more care in measurements than prepared concentrate.

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 10:10 on May 15, 2023

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

I always thought a good goldmine would be conversations done in the style of chinese shopping site ad titles.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

codo27 posted:

I always thought a good goldmine would be conversations done in the style of chinese shopping site ad titles.

Resplendent harmony feeling of rear end wind

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
Shrooms, but I never bother with getting that accurate with mine.

edit: poo poo there was a whole `nother page.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

yoloer420 posted:

Get something that can be calibrated with reference weights. You'll still have change from $20 (including the calibration weights) and you'll have an accurate scale.

That's a good idea, thanks

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

yoloer420 posted:

Nickels weigh 5 grams from what I remember from "back in da day"

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

:hmmyes:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS posted:

This is more fair, them fake feet aint for drugs

Pretty sure you could smoke weed out of them

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Inceltown posted:

Your realise that the scale isn't able to weigh the feather right? It doesn't work.

Would it measure a piece of lead of the same weight though?

I've had this one sitting in my cart for like a year

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002693858594.html

You know, for measuring crystals. Seems like it can be calibrated with a weight and has a low minimum weight

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Lavender salt? seems interesting.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

I mean, honestly, that's a pretty helpful review

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:
Wrong thread, please ignore.. the message not the poster

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Lavender salt is primo for baths tbf, and you do need a good scale to weigh out things like scent oils and additives

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Having one of those drug scales in the kitchen is a gamechanger for cooking and meal prep. Even having it out when you're making meatballs or burgers so you can keep them all the same size (so they all cook within the same time) is huge, and you can weigh out dough and stuff too. Really everyone should have a kitchen scale. Great for drugs too

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Thats a drug scale, not a kitchen scale. Its max capacity is 3.5oz so you couldnt even make quarter-pounders, let alone bake by weight. I love a kitchen scale too, but these itsybitsy ones arent it.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

flashy_mcflash posted:

Having one of those drug scales in the kitchen is a gamechanger for cooking and meal prep. Even having it out when you're making meatballs or burgers so you can keep them all the same size (so they all cook within the same time) is huge, and you can weigh out dough and stuff too. Really everyone should have a kitchen scale. Great for drugs too

Yeah my "dinner guests" get upset when their "meatballs" aren't accurate to within a milligram of what they ordered.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Dont drug scale shame people.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
My drug scales are exceptionally useful for my drugs.

hark
May 10, 2023

I'm sleep

First of May posted:

Yeah my "dinner guests" get upset when their "meatballs" aren't accurate to within a milligram of what they ordered.

my guests request GCMS testing of their dinner to ensure it's actually pure dinner and isn't cut with lunch or breakfast.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

hark posted:

my guests request GCMS testing of their dinner to ensure it's actually pure dinner and isn't cut with lunch or breakfast.

Oh I assure you, this is clean, research-grade dinner.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Anne Whateley posted:

Thats a drug scale, not a kitchen scale. Its max capacity is 3.5oz so you couldnt even make quarter-pounders, let alone bake by weight. I love a kitchen scale too, but these itsybitsy ones arent it.

But you know how much drugs to put in the meatballs

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I don't know what's going on but it sounds like we need to organize a potluck!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

theflyingexecutive posted:

Yeah there's a big ring of ebike thieves here in NY and there are stories about how the owners will follow the trackers to an apartment building but the cops won't do anything about it. In one instance, they just mobbed up a bunch of delivery riders and stormed the apartment that was full of stolen bikes.

One of my coworkers (an old lady with cancer) had her phone stolen right out of her unlocked office. We gps tracked it to a specific aparment but the cops didn't do poo poo.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

Dammit, I'm looking for a slide hammer for using once and then never again. I figured Aliexpress would have the perfect hunk of junk at a lower price than my local hardware chain. And of course, there's one, at $10. Except you click through, and the shipping is $50.

Well, off to the hardware store I go, I guess...

Harbor Freight is where you get the cheap Chinese tools already in the States.
Here's one: https://www.harborfreight.com/slide-hammer-and-puller-set-14-piece-56894.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

Depending on what kind of slide hammer you need, you might be able to borrow one for free from an auto parts chain store (Autozone, Advance Auto Parts, etc).