Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Shoehead posted:

Spent another hour in the cave I mentioned last night, mainly because it led to Hyrule Castle so I spent a chunk of time grabbing chests there, I didn't even clear it out because I got grabbed by a Wallmaster and teleported out before I died.

For the guts of that 3 hour cave dive I was over due a Bloodmoon, I could see the particles flying about signalling one, but I guess there's some sanity check in place so you don't reset in these areas and things got a little broken while I was in there. Mainly the game stopped loading models for my gear and would pause to load weapons I switched to for over a minute in some case. But gently caress it I was not gonna restart this cave!

There are always red particles in that cave because of it being right next to a huge chasm.

Also you might want to fully power off your switch and clean out the fans or something lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
I’m mad this didn’t work

https://youtu.be/Hwv4PRPmK34

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Lube Enthusiast posted:

I’ve met two more vendors who trade the crystals. Both of which were in the underground

Thanks guys

I struggled hard last night with the rail shrine, then as I went to sleep I was struck with a revelation
https://twitter.com/morningmoonmeme/status/1658089900359692288?t=Bapi2URZy6g7kygKxBOUnQ&s=19

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’d be using rockets a hell of a lot more if they weren’t so rare. I gotta play the gacha game and stock up on em.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I’d be using rockets a hell of a lot more if they weren’t so rare. I gotta play the gacha game and stock up on em.

there's a spot where you can find 7 of them sitting together for your own korok space program

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Took my Sd card out and the problem immediately went away. I think this card is like 5 years old so whatever

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oh there’s Hetsu…. 30 hours into the game lmao

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Ganondorf is loving this poo poo.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Neddy Seagoon posted:

:lol:

The game even tells you to stock up on cold weather gear at the Rito village at several points in the village, and ambient locations on the way to the village.

I missed out on all that, and did the entire Temple clutching a torch for warmth or making trips to Eldin to stock up on Sunshrooms...

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Well, finished the newspaper questline! It's actually quite rewarding in money and helps you explore and get shrines, I recommend it.

Now I'll probably go visit Gerudo Desert and also its depths for the Kohga questline

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Man, those zonai big cube dudes are really satisfying to take down.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

External Organs posted:

Man, those zonai big cube dudes are really satisfying to take down.

Yeah it loving rules the various ways you use the powers against them. Once those fights clicked I’m now actively looking for them. The cores you get from them are GREAT for weapons.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yeah it loving rules the various ways you use the powers against them. Once those fights clicked I’m now actively looking for them. The cores you get from them are GREAT for weapons.

Totally. I really liked on the second phase where he turned into a floating platform, using rewind to climb into the sky using one of the blocks he threw at me, then I Merced him from above with a keese eyeball. This game is loving metal.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Interesting to discover that the secret origin of Hyrule involves a woman shacking up with a yak.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Necrothatcher posted:

Interesting to discover that the secret origin of Hyrule involves a woman shacking up with a yak.

he’s a goat. rabbit. dragon?

gently caress it he’s an Undertale

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Necrothatcher posted:

Did they have kids?

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
So this game is incredible because I’ve beaten like 40 temples, got 1/3 of the depths revealed, almost done getting the entire map revealed, and from reading this thread can tell I apparently still don’t have access to all the game mechanics lol

I don’t know what it is about this game. I think BOTW made me feel like I was playing in Links own personal purgatory. Some of the gameplay was fun but the world just felt bleak and hostile and hopeless somehow. TOTK feels alive and somehow every gameplay loop they created I want to engage with and there are dozens. I haven’t been this obsessed with a game since ocarina of time

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Spanish Manlove posted:

Did they have kids?

Zelda exists, so very demonstrably yes.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I am a drat fool (Rito boss) I just killed it by shooting it until it dies, like some kind of savage. But the COOL way of doing it is by just crashing through it with your body! In retrospect this should have been obvious, given how the weak points look just like the jillion frozen water ponds that I crashed through on the way there.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Oh yeah, I have a question regarding progression, I heard clearing main quests slowly improve enemy quality to the point where low level mats become rarer? Or is that just BS? Wondering how fast should I advance the plot.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
that was the case in botw, but in this one I’ve mainly been seeing it region by region. just don’t beeline every main objective and you should be fine

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

On BOTW I think it was based on how many enemies you killed? It would eventually bump everything a tier. Or maybe that was a master mode thing.

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,
incineratin' and renegade 'em
I'm here to make anybody who
want it with the pen afraid
But don't nobody want it but
they're gonna get it anyway!

Boss of the Wind Temple kinda sucks. Cool design, good idea, takes way too long. If you miss its vulnerability phase you have to wait for like three more phases for it to be ready to get attacked again.

I think you should have to do the skydive attack once, as a finisher, while having mostly an arrow fight up until that. Or just take it from six attacks needed to win to three.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Okay I need some help here

Spoiler for a random field boss in Lanayru.

I found this guy in lanayru by accident.

The first time we fought at half HP he just dug underground and disappeared.

I've spent hours and hours trying to find a cave that leads to him around but to no avail.

So I came back.

His bones are here now but he never seems to animate if I'm watching him and if I set the time to night they disappear entirely.

I am, very very confused.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Albatrossy_Rodent posted:

Boss of the Wind Temple kinda sucks. Cool design, good idea, takes way too long. If you miss its vulnerability phase you have to wait for like three more phases for it to be ready to get attacked again.

I think you should have to do the skydive attack once, as a finisher, while having mostly an arrow fight up until that. Or just take it from six attacks needed to win to three.

i think you were definitely missing something because the wind boss I fought was basically always vulnerable and I had to intentionally hold back from burning down his weak points so I could hear the music play out

Kaiju15
Jul 25, 2013

Albatrossy_Rodent posted:

Its belly is weak to arrows if you can get an angle on it. Definitely not as cool as attacking it the other way though.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Kaiju15 posted:

Its belly is weak to arrows if you can get an angle on it. Definitely not as cool as attacking it the other way though.

wait there was another way? now I think I’m missing something

Augus fucked around with this message at 15:39 on May 15, 2023

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

I hate how the overworld boss fusing materials work. Since I can’t pick them up in my inventory, if I don’t happen to have something to fuse them to RIGHT THIS SECOND they end up on like a stick that breaks immediately. Feels bad.

Blood moons are definitely happening more often than in BotW right? I have mixed feelings about it.

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

The gently caress

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I need to play more so I can follow wtf everyone is spoilering. Please keep using spoiler tags tho, I'm learning on my own :3:

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,
incineratin' and renegade 'em
I'm here to make anybody who
want it with the pen afraid
But don't nobody want it but
they're gonna get it anyway!

Augus posted:

wait there was another way?

So the way I assumed it worked it a) it shoots tornadoes, b) it shoots spikes from its crystals c) skydive through the crystals. Didn't realize arrows were effective from underneath, especially since it's hard to stay under him.

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

Ogmius815 posted:

I hate how the overworld boss fusing materials work. Since I can’t pick them up in my inventory, if I don’t happen to have something to fuse them to RIGHT THIS SECOND they end up on like a stick that breaks immediately. Feels bad.

Blood moons are definitely happening more often than in BotW right? I have mixed feelings about it.

I feel like the stick gets stronger and longer durability tho

Yes blood moons are 100% happening faster, i noticed this. Also horses feel different to control but not sure on that, i could have just forgot

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

oh poo poo I wish I’d tried that

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

Took me too long to realize what i was seeing :eyepop:

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
God this game is stupidly good how the gently caress did they get dicks this big in 6 years

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ogmius815 posted:

You can unfuse stuff and replace stuff on better base weapons (if you haven’t used them much)

Whimsicalfuckery
Sep 6, 2011

I interfered with democracy and all I got was this lousy cheese.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Ultrahand shenanigans - first dungeon. Had to get a chest out of a room in the first shrine, but it was too far to grab with ultrahand. So I glued three icicles together, poked it through the chest sized hole, and was able to fish it out of there. Like putting bubblegum on a string to fish keys out of a sewer grate.

Also, busted out laughing when I saw this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Verdugo posted:

Ultrahand shenanigans - first dungeon. Had to get a chest out of a room in the first shrine, but it was too far to grab with ultrahand. So I glued three icicles together, poked it through the chest sized hole, and was able to fish it out of there. Like putting bubblegum on a string to fish keys out of a sewer grate.

Also, busted out laughing when I saw this

I did almost the same thing, except I glued the icicle to it and then used recall on the icicle