Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Lol awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

It's kinda cool that the punishment for loving up a puzzle on the sky islands is to get dropped down straight into a new location full of wonder and adventure

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I just realized how big the depths are. I'm terrified but going to explore more since there's some really cool poo poo down there

copy
Jul 26, 2007

P-Mack posted:

It's kinda cool that the punishment for loving up a puzzle on the sky islands is to get dropped down straight into a new location full of wonder and adventure

it owns

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

I just realized how big the depths are. I'm terrified but going to explore more since there's some really cool poo poo down there

i still havent started investigating the anomalies on the surface but ive spent probably 16 hours wandering around in the depths and chasing and fighting kohga

copy
Jul 26, 2007

i liked botw a lot but totk really does feel like theres a hundred times as many quests and adventures in the map (which is like three times as big) in totk. nintendo done it again

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Trying to put myself in the mindset of a doubter and/or hater and I can't do it. No wojak small brained enough to capture it.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

copy posted:

i liked botw a lot but totk really does feel like theres a hundred times as many quests and adventures in the map (which is like three times as big) in totk. nintendo done it again

thius. it feels so insanely dense in compariso n

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Stux posted:

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Stux posted:

Lol

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

copy posted:

i still havent started investigating the anomalies on the surface but ive spent probably 16 hours wandering around in the depths and chasing and fighting kohga

I've mostly been flying around the surface and have been to the depths about three times as I figured I'd go there when I got some gear that lit the areas up. Turns out that even though it says radiant on it, the skullomania clothes don't actually light up the depths.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

I've mostly been flying around the surface and have been to the depths about three times as I figured I'd go there when I got some gear that lit the areas up. Turns out that even though it says radiant on it, the skullomania clothes don't actually light up the depths.

lmfao descending into the pitch black bowels of the earth in my glow in the dark skeleton pjs

copy
Jul 26, 2007

this game rules so loving much

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Spent about 4000 rupees building my dream home but otherwise went nuts in the depths and on the geoglyphs last night. This game keeps topping itself every 2 minutes lol

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

It didn’t even have steering but cobbling together a truck with a light on it for cruising around in the depths felt insanely cool

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

Spent about 4000 rupees building my dream home but otherwise went nuts in the depths and on the geoglyphs last night. This game keeps topping itself every 2 minutes lol

Where the gently caress do you find the house lol

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Jenny Agutter posted:

It didn’t even have steering but cobbling together a truck with a light on it for cruising around in the depths felt insanely cool

I had steering but then I tried to put a light bloom on it and it went haywire for some reason

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mbt posted:

Where the gently caress do you find the house lol

Tarrey Town

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I'm only like 10 hours in, but I think this is one of my favorite sequels of all time. It's like they took the bones from the first one and just built a better game onto them. They way they reinvented all the locations from the first game is so smart too, I'm constantly being surprised with how much effort they put into the little details. Of all the open world games I've played, I think this one feels the most "lived in" because it's history is something that you've been a part of.

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

yeah I think it's really fascinating to get a sequel to an open world game where the entire map from the original is back, but changed both by the passage of time and the new main threat. it's a kind of feeling I don't think I've run into in a game before and it's cool as hell

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Harrow posted:

yeah I think it's really fascinating to get a sequel to an open world game where the entire map from the original is back, but changed both by the passage of time and the new main threat. it's a kind of feeling I don't think I've run into in a game before and it's cool as hell

It reminds me of Gothic 2 more than anything else and if you'd told me ten years ago that I'd be saying that about a Zelda game I'd have called you a loving lunatic.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I’m happy all my horses were still stabled

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/1658124892775018501

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lol

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I legit thought I was a Kotaku level moron when I couldn't find a shirt at first and then spent twenty minutes hopping around the starting cave

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I hope every SEO freak has life-altering TotK induced hernias

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Harrow posted:

Someone called it the Majora's mask of BoTW and it's exactly on the nose

I keep trying to take old paths to get to places and am met with some fun new threats that weren't in the first game. One of the enemies is legit terrifying.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I hope every SEO freak has life-altering TotK induced hernias

lol agreed

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i ignored the story for a bit and went dicking around and thought huh, really interesting they dont give you the paraglider. almost wasted dozens of hours without it lmao

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Toots of the Krumhorn.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

extremebuff posted:

i ignored the story for a bit and went dicking around and thought huh, really interesting they dont give you the paraglider. almost wasted dozens of hours without it lmao

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

extremebuff posted:

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

every time I want to take a break from the game, I see something cool-looking over in the distance or come up with something new to try and the to do list just keeps getting longer. The Depths are a perfect exploration experience and the sky is breathtaking, and I've barely scratched the surface of any of it. Almost every single thing feels fun to do, every time I encountered a new mechanic I was thinking "this is the coolest poo poo ever." So many incredible pieces of design

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

love that the shrines are all about teaching you all the cool poo poo you can do w the physics and tools

strap a rocket to your shield for a good time

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
beat a dungeon. zelda timeline freaks must be on suicide watch

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Cant believe these fucks tricked me into buying edutainment software

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

Cant believe these fucks tricked me into buying edutainment software

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Getting hype as gently caress entering a shrine with a name like Rotating Shapes. Logs & Glue. Toothpick Bridge. Preschool has never been more based.