Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

Just a Moron posted:

Had a chance to ride in a friend's Tesla. Those door handles are so godamned stupid. You either have to use 2 hands or cock your wrist at a weird angle to simultaneously depress one end with your thumb and grab the other end with your fingers.

I rode in one once and the interior plastic felt like plastic takeout containers, thin and flimsy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Considering they’ve design the ability for a passenger to leave a burning car around the concept of doing an escape room I would never actually get into a Tesla :lol:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Slotducks posted:

wait til you read about how backseat passengers have to get out if the car loses power

it's easy to escape a burning vehicle once your body becomes ash and gasses

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Slotducks posted:

wait til you read about how backseat passengers have to get out if the car loses power

Oh don't worry, I'm well aware

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Slotducks posted:

you just conveniently pass through the pearly gates

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

spacemang_spliff posted:

one weird trick St. Peter hates!

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

ohrwurm posted:

I rode in one once and the interior plastic felt like plastic takeout containers, thin and flimsy

I think I have bad taste in car interiors because most of the time when someone describes something in them as cheap or tacky I think it's fine, but my god, whatever felt-like material that they use on the doors is terrible.

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed
On two separate occasions I've been riding my motorcycle and have had a Tesla driver try and crush me because they felt the need to enforce the law. The first time I was lane filtering (not splitting) and a white Tesla pulled hard right as I was coming up on it and pushed me into a Jersey barrier. He rolled down the window and started yelling at me that it's not legal even though it is in my area.

Another time I made a right turn across a bus lane and a Tesla sped up, cut in front of me and blocked me so he could tell me it's against the law to drive in the bus lane. I had to ride up on the sidewalk because he wouldn't let me past.

What's I'm saying is, Tesla drivers think they're cops.

Just a Moron posted:

Miatas are fun, stop being weirdos

So much fun. The only car I've ever got onto 2 wheels (not intentional)

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

ohrwurm posted:

i’ve taken a few uber rides in models 3s. the part of the screen that shows object detection is always a fun watch. that thing loving sucks at detecting cars, obstacles, signs, lights, or lines on the road. it’s a cool game to try to make sense of what it manages to detect and what it misses (a LOT)

potato!
Apr 24, 2008

Rudeboy Detective posted:

technically it's 100% okay to park your lifted diesel ram superduty at a supercharger (or several at once!) because it has a battery

Technically it's legal to park any vehicle at a Supercharger because Tesla isn't law enforcement (yet) and Elon can't stop you, and Tesla doesn't own any of the land that their superchargers are on so you aren't trespassing against them either

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i cant really tell cars apart. big car, round car, blue car, thats about as far as i get. just never took the time. i have a green square car

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

elon musk has died

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Mr. Pizza posted:

elon musk has died

RIP Elon Musk.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Mr. Pizza posted:

elon musk has died

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Azfy3qxSis

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
Only time I rode in a Tesla was for an uber and I was carsick the whole time for some reason.

Also the radar shut was mistaking people on the road as traffic cones

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Mr. Pizza posted:

elon musk has died

interesting

looking into this

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
We've had lots of LOLs, but with the death of Elon Musk, it appears that the time has come to gas this thread.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
lets post our favorite elon musk memories before we say goodbye forever. I'll start

remember when he died?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Mr. Pizza posted:

elon musk has died

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
meet you on the starship to heaven, captain :manning:

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Mr. Pizza posted:

elon musk has died

inshallah

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/SaeedDiCaprio/status/1658109414690246660?t=ro1LdlXRcZ7X4qlBj-hmbw&s=19

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

That DICK! posted:

i cant really tell cars apart. big car, round car, blue car, thats about as far as i get. just never took the time. i have a green square car

Honda Element.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
elon musk fta (for the afterlife)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Goldmine

Meat Miracle
Oct 24, 2010

It's actually a gold-rock formation protruding from the ground in the middle of nowhere

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

spacemang_spliff posted:

tesla autopilot can't see white so i think it's more so smash into rather than pass through

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

That DICK! posted:

That's a garbage dumpster

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

apatheticman posted:

That's a garbage dumpster

yeah, car

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

he's doing the trump pose, his transformation is almost complete

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

It was an emerald mine.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
impeccable rhythm sir

https://twitter.com/JLMNoticias/status/1658106797922611202

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
"if I put my hands on my head, i won't have to think about what to do with my arms!"

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Maybe goons shouldn't throw stones over bad dancing

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
contrary to popular belief, all somethingawful posters are really good at dancing

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Just a Moron posted:

Maybe goons shouldn't throw stones over bad dancing

hey when i am worth several billion dollars and spend all day making GBS threads on marginalized communities - feel free to critique video of me dancing like a 90s black comedian's mocking impression of a white guy dancing

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

I will with gusto

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
All the tesla robots moving super hosed up because they were trained on Elon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
anyone who has kids should immediately recognize that what he's doing here is the diaper dance