Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

This is huge for objective based PvP. Anyone who's PvP'd with me has likely seen crazy old man Medullah screaming "FIGHT ON THE DOORS FIGHT ON THE DOORS" only to see me have a breakdown when hearing "Alert - Unauthorized armaments..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

This is huge for objective based PvP. Anyone who's PvP'd with me has likely seen crazy old man Medullah screaming "FIGHT ON THE DOORS FIGHT ON THE DOORS" only to see me have a breakdown when hearing "Alert - Unauthorized armaments..."

Me on my Operative getting the other team madder and madder that they can’t kill me while I taunt them and slowly but surely move the scrum away from the doors…

Then Flash Bang ‘em and vanish when the doors blow, easy money.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Me on my Operative getting the other team madder and madder that they can’t kill me while I taunt them and slowly but surely move the scrum away from the doors…

Then Flash Bang ‘em and vanish when the doors blow, easy money.

Haha that's literally EXACTLY my strategy on offense. Well, first is rolling from the proper part of the corner to get a huge head start in stealth to get to the door and go for a cap before they even start looking for stealthers. It's shocking how often that works

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Dumb question but where do you find blue mods these days?

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Dawgstar posted:

Dumb question but where do you find blue mods these days?
See this guide and this one if you're not routinely grouping for FPs (or Operations).

In short: defeat a FP boss - either in a group or solo - to get a blue item. You can then keep beating up FP bosses to get FP tokens and more starting-level blue items that you can then deconstruct for additional FP tokens, which you must then use to upgrade your first blue item. As also explained here, however, you also can exchange Conquest Commendations for FP tokens. Very useful. Once your blue item is upgraded to 336, you can complete a simple mission to unlock all the 336 mods.

Remember to set the mod vendor's filter to show all available mods so you can buy and share them with any alt regardless of combat style or discipline!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Sombrerotron posted:

See this guide and this one if you're not routinely grouping for FPs (or Operations).

In short: defeat a FP boss - either in a group or solo - to get a blue item. You can then keep beating up FP bosses to get FP tokens and more starting-level blue items that you can then deconstruct for additional FP tokens, which you must then use to upgrade your first blue item. As also explained here, however, you also can exchange Conquest Commendations for FP tokens. Very useful. Once your blue item is upgraded to 336, you can complete a simple mission to unlock all the 336 mods.

Remember to set the mod vendor's filter to show all available mods so you can buy and share them with any alt regardless of combat style or discipline!

Should be noted this is for endgame - if you're looking for blue mods while leveling the only way to get them is crafting/buying crafted on the GTN. But don't do that because you don't need blue mods. The green mods work just fine for all content you can do while leveling.

If you absolutely need blue gear before level 60 you can do Heroics which reward blue pieces.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I just fired this up again after a year and have 8k cartel coins. Is there anything worth buying while I'm leveling new characters?

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Rad Valtar posted:

I just fired this up again after a year and have 8k cartel coins. Is there anything worth buying while I'm leveling new characters?
Well, apart from certain unlocks which might be useful if you plan on going F2P for some time and a bunch of CM-exclusive companions, the Carl Market's basically all cosmetic. Class missions also throw XP boosts at you (at least if you're subscribed; not entirely sure about F2P), so there's nothing in the CM I can think of that would be worth spending CCs on just for leveling. I would definitely get the legacy rocket boost ability if you can, though - that's absolutely worth spending a handful of CCs on.

Other than that, you can always choose to buy Ultimate Cartel Packs/Hypercrates and then sell them to other players for lots of credits (which you can then use to buy specific CM items from other players).

And there's a 50% discount on Collection items until 18 May, so now would be a good time to spend CCs on that if there's anything you want to use for multiple characters. I'd recommend first checking the GTN first if you have a good amount of credits to spend, though. Some decent CM items are quite cheap by today's standards and not really worth the CCs.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Sombrerotron posted:

Well, apart from certain unlocks which might be useful if you plan on going F2P for some time and a bunch of CM-exclusive companions, the Carl Market's basically all cosmetic. Class missions also throw XP boosts at you (at least if you're subscribed; not entirely sure about F2P), so there's nothing in the CM I can think of that would be worth spending CCs on just for leveling. I would definitely get the legacy rocket boost ability if you can, though - that's absolutely worth spending a handful of CCs on.

Other than that, you can always choose to buy Ultimate Cartel Packs/Hypercrates and then sell them to other players for lots of credits (which you can then use to buy specific CM items from other players).

And there's a 50% discount on Collection items until 18 May, so now would be a good time to spend CCs on that if there's anything you want to use for multiple characters. I'd recommend first checking the GTN first if you have a good amount of credits to spend, though. Some decent CM items are quite cheap by today's standards and not really worth the CCs.

I should have mentioned that I am a Legacy player who plays a little bit each year so I have almost all the unlocks. Guessing its just cosmetics at this point then.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Back to the game after a long time away - and thanks for the scoop on mods - and it's a little funny that the only thing class trainers do now is teach you how to drive. "He can show you things you've never imagined!"

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
Always say hello to your trainer when you pass by on fleet, if only for old time's sake

Billy BobJ
Jul 13, 2022
who you choosing in a 1v1, malgus or vader

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I would choose Vader because he has a full helmet

Orv
May 4, 2011
Not that Vader is much better on that front but Malgus is an ultra jobber.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I've never played Consular before but I'm kind of vibing with the storyline. Jedi Investigation is neat. Just got Theran who is kinda weird but I will not kink shame somebody for their holo-girlfriend. And he's not Doc, so that's nice.

wazu
Jan 26, 2004

Dawgstar posted:

I've never played Consular before but I'm kind of vibing with the storyline. Jedi Investigation is neat. Just got Theran who is kinda weird but I will not kink shame somebody for their holo-girlfriend. And he's not Doc, so that's nice.

Theron is hilarious. Use him as your companion if you haven’t. His “stun/sleep” animation is the holo girl dancing which hypnotizes people.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

wazu posted:

Theron is hilarious. Use him as your companion if you haven’t. His “stun/sleep” animation is the holo girl dancing which hypnotizes people.

Theran, not Theron. :)

My favorite thing about Theran is his long haired white trash customization. I've got him shirtless with my Shadow and they look like they're ready to crack some Bud Lights.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Medullah posted:

Theran, not Theron. :)
It's "Tharan" in fact.
:goonsay:

Also I think it's funny that Holiday's dancing stuns droids too. Are there any horny droids in Star Wars lore?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Sombrerotron posted:

It's "Tharan" in fact.

Also I think it's funny that Holiday's dancing stuns droids too. Are there any horny droids in Star Wars lore?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dvyZoIOmqY

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

I do not remember seeing that before but apparently it was an April 1st joke, so I don't think that counts as part of the Star Wars lore.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I'd never done the Tatooine bonus quest line and I'm not sure I will again because there's a stretch (which I'm sure you all know) where you have to go down a stretch of nothing but Tusken Raiders with too many to drive through and it might be the most tedious thing ever.

And now we're off to Alderaan and the Killik. :ohdear:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I only have 2 swtor wishes for eternity:

1) fix mouse acceleration my god how is this still so bad

2) let me us a regular blaster rifle instead of a stupid ugly assault cannon as a commando

thank you god bless

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
Be a trooper but play as a lethality operative. You’re shooting nerds with your blaster rifle all day.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Preechr posted:

Be a trooper but play as a lethality operative. You’re shooting nerds with your blaster rifle all day.

I would but I already chose commando as my secondary style :smith: (vanguard is 1st)

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Sombrerotron posted:

It's "Tharan" in fact.

Yes. L3-37 in Solo has a whole scene about it.

Dawgstar posted:

I'd never done the Tatooine bonus quest line and I'm not sure I will again because there's a stretch (which I'm sure you all know) where you have to go down a stretch of nothing but Tusken Raiders with too many to drive through and it might be the most tedious thing ever.

Once you get high enough in level you just shoot past them on your speeder and it's not a problem. It's a pain if you make the mistake of doing the bonus quests on your first visit to a planet due to leveling too fast, but you're supposed to ignore them and come back later.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Sombrerotron posted:

It's "Tharan" in fact.

Does horny for murder count cause KOTOR exists

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

And if horny for the republic counts, there’s swtor

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

Dawgstar posted:

Look, it ain't TOR if you're not committing copious amounts of brutality to a planet's indigenous population. For some weird reason.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Arquinsiel posted:

Yes. L3-37 in Solo has a whole scene about it.
I've watched Solo but don't remember this.

Orv posted:

Does horny for murder count cause KOTOR exists

Ainsley McTree posted:

And if horny for the republic counts, there’s swtor
No, consensual erotic droid-droid and/or droid-organic relations only I'm afraid.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Ironslave posted:

Look, it ain't TOR if you're not committing copious amounts of brutality to a planet's indigenous population. For some weird reason.

Yeah, because I have the alt-itis I rolled a Bounty Hunter and she is being as nice as possible to the Evocaii. (Which means she's killed only like two dozen.) I haven't found any Dark Side options for the Consular that make sense, clearly following BioWare's habit of 'Dark Side = kick puppies' which is a glorious tradition stemming from KOTOR, but BH is throwing some that work better. Kill the corporate exec hunting poor people for sport? Sure!

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Dawgstar posted:

, but BH is throwing some that work better. Kill the corporate exec hunting poor people for sport? Sure!

Light side?
Dark side?

That guy dies no matter what.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Sombrerotron posted:

The bit where her and Qi'ra are sitting in the cockpit of the Falcon talking about Han and Lando.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Dark side trooper and bounty hunter on Alderaan is some of the most id-driven fun you can have in this game

So many snooty aristocrats with unbroken noses…

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Arquinsiel posted:

The bit where her and Qi'ra are sitting in the cockpit of the Falcon talking about Han and Lando.

Sombrerotron posted:

I'll probably watch it again sometime on Disney+ because I do remember other parts and generally quite enjoying it for it was.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Sombrerotron posted:

I'll probably watch it again sometime on Disney+ because I do remember other parts and generally quite enjoying it for it was.
It's well worth it. Great scene that either implies L3 loves messing with organics, or she's gotten really wild with her self-mods.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

It's me, in the weird guy that largely loved Solo. It's better than TLJ and RoS.

The rebel leader girl annoyed me, and she annoyed me in Willow and she annoyed me in Falcon and the Winter Soldier but I enjoyed most of the show. Though the "so you're alone, your name is solo" remains one of the worst moments in the franchise

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Medullah posted:

It's me, in the weird guy that largely loved Solo. It's better than TLJ and RoS.

I actually agree with this 100%, but Solo is still dogshit.

The best star wars, by far, is Andor followed by Rogue One. No contest.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Medullah posted:

It's me, in the weird guy that largely loved Solo.

Same. Honestly, though, all the "side" star wars stuff, like Solo and Mandalorian etc, has been awesome.

I specifically need more Donald Glover as Lando in my life though, so that's a thing.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Error 404 posted:

Same. Honestly, though, all the "side" star wars stuff, like Solo and Mandalorian etc, has been awesome.

I specifically need more Donald Glover as Lando in my life though, so that's a thing.

Yeah my big thing with Star Wars is we have a goddam galaxy of possible stories and we keep going back to the same characters. Kenobi could have been a good show if it hadn't been Leia that got kidnapped, because that made it zero stakes.

I'm done with the Skywalker legacy, give me some original stuff. That's why I liked Mandalorian so much.

CLAM DOWN posted:

I actually agree with this 100%, but Solo is still dogshit.

The best star wars, by far, is Andor followed by Rogue One. No contest.

I'll agree 100% on Andor, definitely top of the heap. Rogue One is good and overall better than a lot of the movies but Jyn is such a boring hero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Medullah posted:

Yeah my big thing with Star Wars is we have a goddam galaxy of possible stories and we keep going back to the same characters. Kenobi could have been a good show if it hadn't been Leia that got kidnapped, because that made it zero stakes.

I'm done with the Skywalker legacy, give me some original stuff. That's why I liked Mandalorian so much.

Are you me?

Cuz yeah, 100% gimme loser randos in some obscure corner of wherever doing something cool and heroic.

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 01:24 on May 18, 2023