Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Wow, this thread is nuts. I, um, have figured out rock + sword = rock sword. That's pretty cool so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Anyone try fusing a diamond to a magic wand/staff? What happens?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

RatHat posted:

Please don't be cool, please don't be cool. I just sold a diamond and I have a magic wand just sitting in my inventory unfused.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

External Organs posted:

Punisher sticker but it's Groose

Faux Greek font: Moblin Labe

Updog Scully
Apr 20, 2021

This post is accompanied by all the requisite visual and audio effects.

:blastback::woomy::blaster:
Good god, the score must be one of the finest in any video game. It's loving astounding.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Just got to the wind temple and fuuuuuck. I never played Skyrim or other AAA games of late, but is this much 'vertical' something other games have achieved? Had a similar reaction to how far down you dive for the crevasses, but it just goes and goes and goes and goes in a way that feels truly monumental.

Elden Ring. there are some jawdropping moments of descent and ascent in that game, though they’re not always stacked directly on top of one another in both directions like this is.

if you had told me in 2011 that the two best open world games of all time would have come out in 2022 and 2023 I would have been thinking drat elder scrolls 7: valenwood must really slap!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

RatHat posted:

i cant remember if i fused a diamond or a fallen star but ive been carrying around this loving useless rod that shoots beams of light that dont damage anything for way too long and idk why.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

RatHat posted:

Zelda says Yes

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Those Hyrule boys were at it again ...

*Glue truck jetpacks onto the back of a dragon*

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Can you use the magic light powered weapons to clear up gloom areas?

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

RatHat posted:

I am sorry to say the result is a normal sword.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

External Organs posted:

Those Hyrule boys were at it again ...

*Glue truck jetpacks onto the back of a dragon*

I wanna see if it's possible to physics kill a wild mini boss with my korok space program designs of a makeshift ICBM pointed horizontally

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

Khanstant posted:

i cant remember if i fused a diamond or a fallen star but ive been carrying around this loving useless rod that shoots beams of light that dont damage anything for way too long and idk why.

I wonder if that would work on the gloom puddle full of hands?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

External Organs posted:

Please don't be cool, please don't be cool. I just sold a diamond and I have a magic wand just sitting in my inventory unfused.

I have good news for you: it does nothing special

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Augus posted:

I have good news for you: it does nothing special

Hell yes! I figure it wants something elemental.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

LINK NO

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Fake James posted:

I wonder if that would work on the gloom puddle full of hands?

I'll try it after work. I tried it on normal gloom-enemies to no effect. It's weird too because it has a unique particle effect and projectiles that move in an unusual way. I'm convinced it does *something* but... no clue what.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Potentially dumb question: do I have to unlock the individual Zonai gadgets by encountering/interacting with them, or is it just a matter of finding the right device dispenser? I think the first dispenser I encountered had three schematics in it, a later one seemed to have 4+ (haven't used either yet).

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
Is there some way stupid me is not thinking of to destroy boxes without losing weapon durability?

Edit: The one change I dont like is non-infinite bombs.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Different dispensers have different loadouts, and if you check them on the map it shows what each one dispenses.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Books On Tape posted:

Is there some way stupid me is not thinking of to destroy boxes without losing weapon durability?

You could pick em up and drop em or drop something on them i guess.

But Zelda, like life, is impermanent so I say smash away. There's always a cooler weapon anyway.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

WATCH LINK START A loving WAR

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Books On Tape posted:

you can lift them up with ultrahand and drop them but also you should just keep a big stick with a rock on it in your inventory, it will be much faster and it will last a while before it breaks

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Books On Tape posted:

You can life them up and drop them down on a hard surface. The Master Sword itself mostly exists to crack open ore and boxes.

I would also disagree on there being non-infinite bombs, with temple progression you kinda get two sources of infinite bombs.

I also do like how they have bomb flowers pretty much right where you might need them, in addition to peppered all over the map and wells/caves. them being right next to bombable areas and rocks feels like classic Ocarina of Time, don't have the bomb bag yet, gotta use bombs from on site.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Bismack Billabongo posted:

WATCH LINK START A loving WAR

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Khanstant posted:

You can life them up and drop them down on a hard surface. The Master Sword itself mostly exists to crack open ore and boxes.

I would also disagree on there being non-infinite bombs, with temple progression you kinda get two sources of infinite bombs.

I also do like how they have bomb flowers pretty much right where you might need them, in addition to peppered all over the map and wells/caves. them being right next to bombable areas and rocks feels like classic Ocarina of Time, don't have the bomb bag yet, gotta use bombs from on site.

Equally funny is every pile of rocks being chock-full of rusty claymores

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

External Organs posted:

You could pick em up and drop em or drop something on them i guess.

But Zelda, like life, is impermanent so I say smash away. There's always a cooler weapon anyway.

It also really helps (me, at least) to think of things in term of time efficiency. You'll always be able to find a new thing, but if you're spending an extra 20-30 seconds trying to mess around when you could've done one whack, that's time you could have spent on your way to new weapons. This wouldn't work if things ran out in the environment, but they really don't

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
lol i cored through some insanely thick rock wall that you're clearly meant to come back later to with better tools, but I was like, okay, ill go until i run out of rockbreakers made from this wall itself and it never came. I got through and there was a little breathing room and then 3 walls in other directions that looked just as thick. luckily i managed to just tunnel myself a little hole through the right one and found enough of a treasure to call it a victory and ascended out.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Is the mysterious voice saying "Come to me" giving anyone else STALKER wish granter vibes?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Does anyone know what controls the critter/fairy respawn? I've found 2 good locations to farm ~5 faeries at a time but when I went there after a blood moon they had not respawned. Later time wise I went back to check and they had returned.

The well in Dueling Peaks was one, also good for the glowfish.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I am so bad at combat in this game. Legendarily bad.
I can't time the dodges for crap, and that's when I can actually get my head on straight enough to actually lock on to something.
Every time I get into combat my hand clenches on the left stick making me crouch.
I can't remember how to do things fast enough to actually do them.
I won't blame myself entirely though. I keep trying to do things like 'dodge roll' and 'Actually be able to lock on to things without holding down the button' and 'actually be able to avoid attacks from things I'm not specifically targeting'

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Oil was found in the Bokoblin cave.

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

if you had told me in 2011 that the two best open world games of all time would have come out in 2022 and 2023 I would have been thinking drat elder scrolls 7: valenwood must really slap!

I’m sure it’ll sell fine either way but boy Bethesda’s design philosophy better have gone through some evolution since Skyrim/FO4 or TES 6 is gonna feel dated the second it launches.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
This game has so much content that it almost makes me wish I had the option to lock major quests so that I could only complete one each week, because it's so difficult to pace myself, both in terms of "okay, one more thing oh wow is it four AM" and in terms of "okay, I could explore that cave but Sidon probably needs my help and there's probably stuff locked behind that".

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Fifteen of Many posted:

I’m sure it’ll sell fine either way but boy Bethesda’s design philosophy better have gone through some evolution since Skyrim/FO4 or TES 6 is gonna feel dated the second it launches.

They almost certainly haven't even started work on TES 6

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Finished the Geoglyph chain, even with the outcome insanely obvious even by the 2nd one I found, I felt bad at the capstone memory.

This game better have a happy ending.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

pentyne posted:

Does anyone know what controls the critter/fairy respawn? I've found 2 good locations to farm ~5 faeries at a time but when I went there after a blood moon they had not respawned. Later time wise I went back to check and they had returned.

The well in Dueling Peaks was one, also good for the glowfish.

I would also like to know this.

also, are durian literally gone from this game because i still haven't found any lol. feels like it's truffles and hearty radishes if you ever want yellow hearts

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

ChrisBTY posted:

I am so bad at combat in this game. Legendarily bad.
I can't time the dodges for crap, and that's when I can actually get my head on straight enough to actually lock on to something.
Every time I get into combat my hand clenches on the left stick making me crouch.
I can't remember how to do things fast enough to actually do them.
I won't blame myself entirely though. I keep trying to do things like 'dodge roll' and 'Actually be able to lock on to things without holding down the button' and 'actually be able to avoid attacks from things I'm not specifically targeting'

Using pro controller or joy cons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I've had a couple of times where I Ascended into a really thin object and yet got a comically long "swimming" animation before Link would get through the other side. I assume that's the game doing a lot of really complicated math in the background to make sure link doesn't clip out of bounds or get stuck

Augus fucked around with this message at 20:00 on May 15, 2023