Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Dick Fontaine posted:

Things work like this now:

:dong: + :barf: + :dbuddy: = :gas:

🏀🏐 + 🐖 = :f5:

thats right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Teagan posted:

Yeah, I think I am just super overwhelmed. Things haven't changed that much, but I did get real old real fast. I honestly wish we still have the 'I just got a digital camera - tell me what to take photos of' threads. I might saunter over to pet island and see if thats still something I can do. I have an entirely different cat now. The forums lived longer than my cat.

90% of goons are in our late 30s - early 40s, everyone is just as old as you op

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

I love WKUK so much, lol

:rip: Trevor

Teagan posted:

I don't know what the gently caress to post on SA anymore. Someone help. I am old and anxious, and things move too fast. ? It's been years.

Post about cute guys

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I'm in my early 20s
:coal:

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
smugworth is in his early 20s and has a beautiful head of hair

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Please don't lie on the internet :(

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

There’s really no need to be intimidated. You can either make good posts or you can post exclusively about schlubby-middle-aged-craft-beer-guy stuff. Both are surefire paths to friendship and success.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

I have friends from this place that I have had for... twenty years now and it is incredible. But yeah, I get super intimidated. When I first started posting all I got was bullied by another girl for my nose, and memes made out of my cat. Haha. It's just a whoooole lot of content to catch up on. I had come back a few years ago, but also got intimidated. I think I just need to find a niche. :) Goons are some of my fave people.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Smugworth posted:

I'm in my early 20s
:coal:

IQ percentile, maybe. :hehe:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Teagan posted:

I have friends from this place that I have had for... twenty years now and it is incredible. But yeah, I get super intimidated. When I first started posting all I got was bullied by another girl for my nose, and memes made out of my cat. Haha. It's just a whoooole lot of content to catch up on. I had come back a few years ago, but also got intimidated. I think I just need to find a niche. :) Goons are some of my fave people.

Is this your cat

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
check this out: …⁠ᘛ⁠⁐̤⁠ᕐ⁠ᐷ

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Teagan posted:

These guys bothering you?

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

AARD VARKMAN posted:

These guys bothering you?

:) I love SA. I am just a total sissy.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Smugworth posted:

Is this your cat

Hello little guy. Long time, no see. :wave:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

He own dog out of control a shameful dog

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Finally back at the gym after 2 weeks absence. Feels gooooodddd

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Saalkin posted:

He own dog out of control a shameful dog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GRSbr0EYYU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Lmfao

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Oh Christ!

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Lol

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Teagan posted:

FYI you can just empty quote stuff now or you could just post "piss tits" or you could go on super serious screeds about how swiss cheese is made :shrug: thats how I got over my Posting Anxiety

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
its Sichuan time again. trying a new place with an all auto translated menu. got some "Big Meat Buns" as an appetizer. let's go

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

piss tits

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
fart balls lol

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

AARD VARKMAN posted:

its Sichuan time again. trying a new place with an all auto translated menu. got some "Big Meat Buns" as an appetizer. let's go

i lov eme some big meat buns

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

bagmonkey posted:

FYI you can just empty quote stuff now or you could just post "piss tits" or you could go on super serious screeds about how swiss cheese is made :shrug: thats how I got over my Posting Anxiety

thanks, I genuinely appreciate the info. It'd be great if there was a Welcome Back To GBS After Years Of Being Gone: How To Be Funny On The Internet Again You Old gently caress thread

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Teagan posted:

thanks, I genuinely appreciate the info. It'd be great if there was a Welcome Back To GBS After Years Of Being Gone: How To Be Funny On The Internet Again You Old gently caress thread

Step 1:

https://i.imgur.com/pDOePkD.mp4

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

This would be great if I could see any of the images being posted on the forums. HAHAHAH

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

poo poo gently caress rear end

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Teagan posted:

The Leper’s Colony remains a solid resource (provided the Goofus & Gallant learning model works for you).

The recent ”what’s going on around the forums” announcement thread that’s stickied on the weekends has been a treasure chest so far as well and is probably more of what you’re looking for. Unfortunately, I do not have a link for that one. It just shows up on the weekend and I click it.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

tbh AARD you should have a lurkers thread where you post your sheeps and ducks and poo poo, help the Old Timers get readjusted to the new psoting times

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
One big rule is Don't Mention Teh EPic Username Guy, that gets noted dork Shrek Pecksniff all riled up

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Dick Fontaine posted:

The Leper’s Colony remains a solid resource (provided the Goofus & Gallant learning model works for you).

The recent ”what’s going on around the forums” announcement thread that’s stickied on the weekends has been a treasure chest so far as well and is probably more of what you’re looking for. Unfortunately, I do not have a link for that one. It just shows up on the weekend and I click it.

Thanks!!!!

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Dick Fontaine posted:

Things work like this now:

:dong: + :barf: + :dbuddy: = :gas:

🏀🏐 + 🐖 = :f5:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

AARD VARKMAN posted:

IQ percentile, maybe. :hehe:

Lol get his rear end

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

:f5h::staredog::hf::mmmsmug::fh:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Lol get his rear end

What the

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

bagmonkey posted:

One big rule is Don't Mention Teh EPic Username Guy, that gets noted dork Shrek Pecksniff all riled up

I smacked my head real bad on a cabinet earlier and it must have done some damage because here I am feeling compelled to rant and ramble about the forums.

I like Nom’s thread. I enjoy maybe a quarter of his posts. I don’t really understand why he drives so many other goons crazy and find it amusing that he does.

I also like having a corner of the internet that isn’t entirely terrible to post in. As much as I hate to admit it, moderation is a big part of why this is possible and absolutely no one would agree to do that job if they weren’t empowered and supported to take direct action and keep this from happening just as soon as they see it coming:

…because that’s a hell of a lot of work to clean up and I would hope that no one with buttons is deranged enough to want to deal with it after it snowballs. And it’s no mystery as to what happens when you let Something Awful snowball out of control. That’s how you get 4chan.