Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cruft

Here is cruft's technique for h4x0ring massive amounts of peanut butter:

1. Take an empty jar to the store
  2. Put the jar under the chute of the peanut butter machine
  3. Flip the switch on
  4. Wait until the jar is full of peanut butter
  5. Flip the switch off

Using this technique you can h4x0r mad peanut butter that tastes awesome and doesn't have any sugar or emulsifiers, and also doesn't need to be stirred. You can store it outside the fridge for a month, but any longer and you're getting into rancid moldy country.

So if you've h4x0red moby jars of peanut butter and then your fridge breaks, guess what you're having for breakfast?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hark

I'm sleep

cruft posted:

Here is cruft's technique for h4x0ring massive amounts of peanut butter:

1. Take an empty jar to the store
  2. Put the jar under the chute of the peanut butter machine
  3. Flip the switch on
  4. Wait until the jar is full of peanut butter
  5. Flip the switch off

Using this technique you can h4x0r mad peanut butter that tastes awesome and doesn't have any sugar or emulsifiers, and also doesn't need to be stirred. You can store it outside the fridge for a month, but any longer and you're getting into rancid moldy country.

So if you've h4x0red moby jars of peanut butter and then your fridge breaks, guess what you're having for breakfast?

if I ever saw a peanut butter machine anywhere, I would OD on peanut butter

Finger Prince

There's a store up here in Canada called Bulk Barn which is an amazing bulk food store, and they have peanut and almond and sometimes even cashew or peanut+almond grinders. Unfortunately they are pretty rare out here on the west coast and require driving to.

cruft

hark posted:

if I ever saw a peanut butter machine anywhere, I would OD on peanut butter

This orb gets it.

B33rChiller

I think we have one here. Unfortunately bulk food is at high risk for cross contamination.

:trashed:

Dr. Honked posted:

the junk, rather than the trunk
hark

I'm sleep

B33rChiller posted:

I think we have one here. Unfortunately bulk food is at high risk for cross contamination.

I'm willing to risk it all for a 55 gallon drum of peanut butter

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Good evening byob

https://i.imgur.com/9jTkSUL.mp4
Thanks to vanisher for the paradise sig! :)

cruft

Viginti Septem posted:

Good evening byob

This should be the next album cover for The Midnight.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

cruft posted:

This should be the next album cover for The Midnight.

lol someone just said the same, but for Kavinsky :tipshat:

sb hermit

Quadramind posted:

Ah, they're so good. I haven't laughed and smiled this much before breakfast in months.

rear end-penny posted:

Hannah Gadsby is just that good :hehe:

Viginti Septem posted:

Thank you, orb. Spent the morning listening to Hannah Gadsby. :tipshat:

Finger Prince posted:

I'm glad y'all enjoyed Hannah, and I'm very happy that byob is the kind of place that I can make that recommendation and feel pretty confident that you would.

I saw it too and it's good.

Escape From Noise

A customer just came in wearing a Blake's Lottaburger hat. I told him it's a thing only in my home state.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

sb hermit

Escape From Noise posted:

A customer just came in wearing a Blake's Lottaburger hat. I told him it's a thing only in my home state.

Do you have a go-to order there? Do they have a killer shake?

Escape From Noise

sb hermit posted:

Do you have a go-to order there? Do they have a killer shake?

Probably just the green chile cheeseburger. It's just one of those regional burger chains that's totally fine but everyone from the state it's in acts like it's something crazy. Like In and Out or Dick's.

Escape From Noise

Their radio ads are etched in my brain though.

sb hermit

Escape From Noise posted:

Probably just the green chile cheeseburger. It's just one of those regional burger chains that's totally fine but everyone from the state it's in acts like it's something crazy. Like In and Out or Dick's.

That sounds real good. I don't know why people don't put more green chile or peppers on burgers. Such an under-rated topping.

If you're ever in Los Angeles, consider trying out a local widespread franchise called Tommy's. They have a chiliburger that is incredible and they're common enough that you should be able to find one.

An alternative is another chain called The Hat. They also have good chili burgers but they also have a hot pastrami sandwich that is "piled high".

Escape From Noise

Brew day is done and I'm too dead to cook so Indian curry with pakora and samosa it is!

Escape From Noise

My gifts from my friend's wedding came today.

Knife to meat you!

Goons Are Gifts

Hello good
for you, I hope you're mango is going to be as tasty as mine, today is off to a much better day than yesterday!!

I even have peanuts and something called Dal Tadka, so you know this is gonna be serious

Ass-penny

I don't know what I did but daaaaang my back is upset this morning lol

Escape From Noise

My knee is hosed. Of course it's because I'm too fat. Standing on concrete and steel all day, walking up and down stairs constantly, and carrying heavy poo poo on these surfaces is pretty unrelated you see...

Finger Prince

Goatse and Gallant posted:

Hello good
for you, I hope you're mango is going to be as tasty as mine, today is off to a much better day than yesterday!!

I even have peanuts and something called Dal Tadka, so you know this is gonna be serious

Tadka/tarka dal is good but I'm more partial to dal makhani.
I think it's funny how tadka is anglicized in two spellings, depending on how it most sounded to the locals. Britain uses tarka, because they don't know how to roll their Rs, so they hear a south Asian person saying the word and go "yeah that's one of those foreign r sounds". But then the other English speaking places don't know how to roll their Rs either, and hear the same word spoken and go "they're clearly making a D sound". Of course it's not an R or a D, and probably has regional pronunciations that influence how it sounds anyway.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Good morning, yobbers

Have plant

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
I pinched a nerve in my back. I have a L5 issue that flares up occasionally. I guess I have been going too hard at the flower photography lately and I threw my back out. Laying in bed right now after screaming trying to walk across the room lol.

Just ordered some naproxen from Walgreens, about to go pick it up. 🤕

Edit: just tried getting out of bed, thought I was going to pass out. Like giving birth breathing and screaming 😱, fell onto the bed because I couldn't stand up straight. Fuuuck this

Viginti Septem fucked around with this message at 17:19 on May 16, 2023

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Paramedics just left the house. Couldn't make it to the car, fell in the driveway and couldn't get up. Had them take me back to the house to rest. Called Walgreens, they can't change a pick up order to a delivery, lame! Must. Make. It. To. Walgreens.

Dumb Sex-Parrot

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
woah jesus, stay safe dude :dogstare:

thank you Saoshyantx4, Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss for the excellent signature

B33rChiller

Gentle hug through the tubes, pal.

Dr. Honked posted:

cruft

Stay safe, spiney orb.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Spine update. Rested a bit and was able to walk to the car. Back decided to cooperate fairly well so I could drive right up the street to Walgreens. Got the meds, back in bed. Gonna rest.

Back to your regularly scheduled program.

:c2b:

Charles Bukowski

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

They should deliver those meds to you. I'd be a meds courier for a pharmacy for minimum wage, it sounds important.

Thank you Saoshyant for the lovely signature.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
I called the store and they said they can't switch online orders from pickup to delivery. Told me to call the 800 number.

Called the 800 number, they said they can't switch orders from pickup to delivery, but that I could cancel it and resubmit. At that point I didn't want to wait any longer.

Drove to the store, walked in. They said I could have stayed in the car and had them walk it out or just use the pharmacy's drive thru, at least. So good to know in the future. It was a normal store order, not pharmacy, so I didn't even consider that.

Naproxen has kicked in now, so feeling much better. Usually 2-3 days of rest for this.

B33rChiller

Stupid, cantankerous lumbar.

I can sympathize, having dealt with sciatica for a number of years.

If and when you feel up to it, here's some tunes for disco yoga, what for to help with stretching and flexibility.
https://youtu.be/BN8M2irJVJA

Dr. Honked posted:

Ass-penny

good luck with your back VS, thank you for putting my shoulder pinching pains in perspective

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Ass-penny

I have a date on Saturday, so I'm worried one of my vital organs is going to choose Thursday or Friday to finally fail on me lol

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

B33rChiller posted:

Stupid, cantankerous lumbar.

I can sympathize, having dealt with sciatica for a number of years.

If and when you feel up to it, here's some tunes for disco yoga, what for to help with stretching and flexibility.
https://youtu.be/BN8M2irJVJA

Awesome 👍

I need to be more active, this is usually my wake up call for that, when I get heavy enough for the back to punch out.

rear end-penny posted:

good luck with your back VS, thank you for putting my shoulder pinching pains in perspective

Pain is relative. There's a pinch I get under my shoulder blade that isn't anywhere near as painful as my lower back, but when it aches it's the only thing I can think about.

And there's people with worse pain then back pain. But for a moment in my day it was the worst thing ever lol

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

rear end-penny posted:

I have a date on Saturday, so I'm worried one of my vital organs is going to choose Thursday or Friday to finally fail on me lol

It's usually the brain, in my experience with dating

B33rChiller

Viginti Septem posted:

Pain is relative.
True. I was gaslit by my parents into believing my abdominal pains were normal, and "everyone gets aches and pains, we don't want to hear about every little thing"
To the point of just ongoing, and it being in the background, and having a six pack just through having abs clenched constantly.

I didn't even know how bad the pains were until I got diagnosed with celiac and cut out gluten. Once the pain left, I totally felt the absence.

Thinking back to all the times I was told "shut up, you won't starve."
Actually, in retrospect, that was demonstrably false. In fact I might still have records of me being malnourished.

Dr. Honked posted:

Bilirubin

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Good luck with the date! I filled out my donor card so if one of yours goes out I got your back ( and liver and kidneys and heart, brains a bit used up tho)

What ho yobs, I have successfully found a thing and retrieved it using a thing called torrent I feel like an early 00s pirate yarr 🦜

OMGVBFLOL posted:

if you have the money and the patience, you can Hello Kitty anything

Thank you deep dish peat moss!
Ass-penny

Viginti Septem posted:

It's usually the brain, in my experience with dating

lol they are very aware that my brain is broken. for some reason this hasn't caused a rift yet :shrug:

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Just be honest and be you. Good people are more comfortable knowing that others are broken just like they are. If they aren't comfortable with that, they aren't good people, or faking, because we're all broken in some ways. And no sense wasting energy wearing a mask acting like something you aren't. In my experience, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cruft

I usually tell people I'm fine, no problems, but that I am sympathetic to the human condition and the myriad issues that come with just being alive.

But in reality I have a laundry list of health issues, when I stop and think about them. It's just that I'm inclined not to dwell on them, because none of them are serious.

Probably the worst is the depression, which I seem to have figured out how to work around by striving to maintain a sunny outlook. This would be the same thing that keeps me from thinking too hard about all the other problems. LOL.