Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
That and making sure everything is loading if it any of it was out of sight before. Times I've actually seen link swim through without the transition screen is very low

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

sigher posted:

My brain doesn't either because Ascend goes against everything BOTW taught me about going upwards: You either Climb/Revali's Gale/Fire, my 35 year old gamer brain isn't wired to think "Yeah, just swim through the loving platform above you."

speaking of things going against instinct, there's a shrine called The Courage to Fall with a very very non-intuitive solution that is not obvious and it should be called The Courage To Go Against Every Instinct Video Games Have Ever Instilled In Me When It Comes To Red Laser Beams

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Do destructible rock walls regenerate after blood moons? I depleted all my bomb flowers to get through a really strong black one and I’m hoping I don’t have to do it again

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

text editor posted:

speaking of things going against instinct, there's a shrine called The Courage to Fall with a very very non-intuitive solution that is not obvious and it should be called The Courage To Go Against Every Instinct Video Games Have Ever Instilled In Me When It Comes To Red Laser Beams

lmao, that shrine also got me for a while.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I decided to jump down the hole under Hyrule Castle and see how far down I could death sprint through the Obviously Terrible Idea.

I got to what is almost 100% certainly the start of the final boss gauntlet. :v: It's really unpleasant down there, actually gave me some Phazon Mine/Impact Crater from Metroid Prime vibes. Which is a compliment.

Game still rad.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Question about a new enemy under spoiler tag

Can Like Likes actually damage you or do they just eat your stuff like in OOT? I didn’t want to get close enough to find out and used ice arrows to just sprint by.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Steve Yun posted:

Do destructible rock walls regenerate after blood moons? I depleted all my bomb flowers to get through a really strong black one and I’m hoping I don’t have to do it again

First encounter with those at the KaraKara Bazaar well my only hope is the weapons respawn because there were like 4-5 rusty claymores that dropped.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Question about a new enemy under spoiler tag

Can Like Likes actually damage you or do they just eat your stuff like in OOT? I didn’t want to get close enough to find out and used ice arrows to just sprint by.

they do damage while they're chewing on you

Steve Yun posted:

not that I've seen, also if you find the new mechanism spoiler cannon, you can just activate it and hold it over your head to blow through rock walls for free

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

eke out posted:

I would also like to know this.

also, are durian literally gone from this game because i still haven't found any lol. feels like it's truffles and hearty radishes if you ever want yellow hearts

non-enemy respawns are def. not blood moon tied anymore, I've had things respawn multiple times within one blood moon cycle but I don't know if it's time based or distance based or stuff killed or what

also what are you talking about, durians are right where they've always been, you should go get some durians 🙂

I love the amount of trolling the devs did in this game, every old game location that you're like "hey there was something good here last game, let's see what's there now" is floormasters. Hylian shield? Floormasters! Durian grove? Floormasters! Master sword pedestal? FUCKIN FLOORMASTERS

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The low gravity jumps on the sky islands are so cool. Also, seeing a blood moon from up here kicks rear end.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

text editor posted:

I was stuck on this one for ages before I remembered what the shrine was called.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

stev posted:

I was stuck on this one for ages before I remembered what the shrine was called.

I remembered exactly what it was called and threw myself off the ledge for like 20 minutes looking for some invisible platform, doorway, anything

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SqrCtf349Y

:allears:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Double post, gently caress it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT-oqm1Q0uc

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Bob Socko posted:

Wow, this thread is nuts. I, um, have figured out rock + sword = rock sword. That's pretty cool so far.

https://twitter.com/yggdrasilsaltar/status/1657094130886139904?t=OK06LXBNrxmFw4q67bL97A&s=19

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

LINK WAKE UP THEY HIT HYRULE CASTLE

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

pentyne posted:

Does anyone know what controls the critter/fairy respawn? I've found 2 good locations to farm ~5 faeries at a time but when I went there after a blood moon they had not respawned. Later time wise I went back to check and they had returned.

The well in Dueling Peaks was one, also good for the glowfish.

If it works like BotW than consumable items and mats have a 1% chance of respawning every minute when Link isn't in their zone.

Though fairies in particular have a special rule that they won't reapawn if you have 3 or more in your inventory.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Is it a big spoiler to ask where to find the place to turn in Korok seeds? Would kill for more weapon space.

Also, should I focus on any of the main quests right away? I've been wandering towards one of one of the four phenomena in the northwest but it's been hours just rambling around -- found a few more shrines and some moblins and a couple stables and whatnot, ended up going to the skytower I saw in the distance, and I could spend hours more before getting there.

Also, now that I know you can just ascend your way out, I jumped down a well wait what the gently caress this isn't a well omg why is everything so dark and scary :ohdear:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Phenotype posted:

Is it a big spoiler to ask where to find the place to turn in Korok seeds? Would kill for more weapon space.

Follow the main road to Rito village. You will eventually run into the guy.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Phenotype posted:

Also, should I focus on any of the main quests right away? I've been wandering towards one of one of the four phenomena in the northwest but it's been hours just rambling around -- found a few more shrines and some moblins and a couple stables and whatnot, ended up going to the skytower I saw in the distance, and I could spend hours more before getting there.

Also, now that I know you can just ascend your way out, I jumped down a well wait what the gently caress this isn't a well omg why is everything so dark and scary :ohdear:

you found the super secret bonus well, your reward is HELL

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Oh I know, I'll throw a pinecone into my fire on this hot air balloon so it ascends faster!

It did indeed ascend faster.

It also melted Link into a puddle of goo in the balloon basket.

:negative:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Pro tip for the chasm that just clicked for me: the chasm and the overworld are pretty much a mirror in terms of land where rivers and lakes are walls and voids. So one thing you can do is change the mini map to the overworld while you’re exploring/traveling the dark as the land should generally match. Of course this relies on you having the tower above unlocked so you have a map to rely on

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

*strapping rockets to every korok I see*

Miyamoto wanted this

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Going slow, have been climbing the ship-olines and such up through the sky with my bird friend after visiting Rito and so far have three times had to start over from the shrine because I hosed up and stepped off something or the floor dropped away and I forgot about Rewind until it was too late. Fun mechanics but I hope I get to the top on this next attempt.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Trying desperately to get to the giant floating labyrinth above the ground labyrinth in the Gerudo region and just coming up so short. I want up thereeeeee.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

The Zovic 250 - Hyrule tested
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMDuXlU2u0E

Customer approved
https://i.imgur.com/ang7IJ1.mp4

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
Thank god ascend let’s you go back down!

https://youtu.be/_knctPHvfoo

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Going straight for shrines to fast travel and all the towers for the whole map is vastly easier in this game then before.

Next I just need to find all the stables for the easy arrow/weapons spawn

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

It helps that the shrines are visible from miles away with the massive green swirls.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Lmao I stuck steering wheel to back of fan once hoping it'd be some kind of hover chair

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Wish I was playing right now

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Still catching up on the last 1,000 non-spoiler posts to say the tutorial island was goddamn glorious for me. I am so glad they kept that spirit of BotW's great plateau. Semi-handholding and subtle signposting that builds up your skills but also introduces you to a few different biomes.

Climbing/descending every structure and finding brilliant views of various islands made it all the sweeter.

Anyone else in Hyrule getting hit with rain as soon as they try to climb something tall? It's happened enough times to me that I have to wonder if Nintendo's trying to funnel me elsewhere.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

SirPablo posted:

Wish I was playing right now

Same, its hosed up I needed to go to work today

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

As long as you don’t totally go underwater, making a boat is easy!

https://i.imgur.com/32frKuy.mp4

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.
I was ascending through the same platform a bunch of times in a shrine puzzle (my brain went in completely the wrong direction for how to solve it) and it seemed to stop doing the swimming through space animation after the first one or two.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

man I found the 4-fans sweet spot but had them stuck to a cart with two diagonal and two vertical, this is just :discourse:

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude

The Legend of Zelda: Mistakes into Miracles

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

saw one where they built a bokoblin cage filled with flame emitters, trapped one in it and torched it

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Orange Crush Rush posted:

oh well poo poo, I really haven't explored the Depths as much as I thought I have then

Anything labeled "mine", look for a tower with ore-colored smoke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
it rains too much