Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Gripweed posted:

You admitted that you only watched one episode. If I were you, I wouldn't go really hard on defending something as not being for nazis if you aren't very familiar with it. Could be tying your own noose there, bud.

yep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I will repost Stonetoss comics where I please

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
calling it something that would be made under the nazis is probably a stretch but lol ted lasso is definitely an exemplar of the "toxic positivity" trend that infests media these days

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

ahahhahahha

quote:

Are more women having affairs? Or are they finally just talking about it? Throughout history, women have been stigmatized, ostracized, and so much worse for committing adultery—while men have too often been given a pass. But the truth is that women have the same wants, needs and desires as men despite cultural assumptions. Hosted by journalist Jo Piazza, this groundbreaking podcast series features real women of different ages and backgrounds telling the stories of their affairs, many for the first time. After five years of reporting on marriage in the wildly popular Committed podcast, Jo is now uncovering the other side of monogamy and finding some surprising answers about the motivations behind female infidelity – from sex, to empowerment, to self-esteem, and even love. In She Wants More, Jo explores the double standard of cheating, unpacking the guilt, shame, and the expectations placed on women. She has candid conversations with women about the affairs that have either strengthened or broken their marriages that will make you feel like you're eavesdropping on an intimate conversation between two friends. These stories will make you question everything you thought you knew about desire, monogamy, and marriage. She Wants More was inspired by the book A Passion for More by Susan Shapiro Barash.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Doc Hawkins posted:

ahahhahahha

women be cheatin

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Doc Hawkins posted:

ahahhahahha

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Susan shapiro

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

quote:

In the past couple of years the media has positioned women’s exploration of sex, passion, and desire, as a form of "self-care" -- a wellness practice that helps them feel better about themselves. Today's guest "Michelle" breaks down how her affairs, particularly one with a sexy personal trainer, have become a form of self-care for her. She says they make her feel better and take better care of herself.

So, can an affair be another form of self-care, like yoga, meditation, or dry brushing? Is an orgasm with someone who isn't your spouse an actual wellness practice, or do women just need to justify their desires as self-care in order to fully realize those desires without shame? Alexandra Fine, sexologist and creator of Dame, a pleasure products company, weighs in.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
cheating on my partner for mental health self care awareness. don’t be so ableist babe, my mental health is important

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

my bony fealty posted:

women be cheatin

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
oh, this is like that infuriating esther perel article from a few years ago, positing that it’s always both people in a relationship’s fault when cheating happens lol. it’s wild to me that the reaction to men dogging around isn’t “they should be condemned for doing that and should stop it” but instead finding a way to morally justify cheating from the other side, but maybe I’m just hopelessly old fashioned?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
get with the times gramps. nc polyamory is cool now. poly ftw

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Equality isn't less bad things happening. Equality is more people get to do bad things.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Xaris posted:

cheating on my partner for mental health self care awareness. don’t be so ableist babe, my mental health is important

there's been this weird trend in seemingly liberal people arguing that for the good of individual mental health and wellness that we basically abandon any and all social obligations, basically reinventing libertarianism

saw some freak advocate bringing smoking sections back because neurodivergent people need a drag sometimes

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

DEI STD

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

yeah I believe in spoon theory. I'm little spoon to my personal trainer lol

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Dr. Killjoy posted:

saw some freak advocate bringing smoking sections back because neurodivergent people need a drag sometimes

they're right

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010

That Chapo guest who talked about Goop said the way these people talk about sex/masturbating as "self-care" practice makes it the most robotic, unsexy thing imaginable. Now its in podcast form.

Also whoever said that episode was bad was :wrong:

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

it's long past time blue balls is recognized in the ADA

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
it's like how tumblr managed to invent Woke Segregation constantly as a way to address racial issues, if you can't address the real source of problems (capitalism) you have to constantly go round and round because nothing seems to work

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
or like the response to the neely killing being people just going "oh just ignore people having trouble when in public, pretend they don't exist"

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Dr. Killjoy posted:

there's been this weird trend in seemingly liberal people arguing that for the good of individual mental health and wellness that we basically abandon any and all social obligations, basically reinventing libertarianism

good idea

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

anyway the real solution is that we stop making romantic relationships the crux of most people's social lives, build community so people can meet and make new friends, and enforce mandatory homosexuality for a thousand years

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

ted lasso was actually based on a series of short stories written by adolf hitler so it literally is nazi propaganda. some people need to educate themselves.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

lobster shirt posted:

ted lasso was actually based on a series of short stories written by adolf hitler so it literally is nazi propaganda. some people need to educate themselves.

guess you have to make a media literacy thread op

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
checks out, he was into cowboy poo poo

Ted Lasso? loving German cosplaying with chaps and stetsons rear end name.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

War and Pieces posted:

they're right

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lobster shirt posted:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

lobster shirt posted:

Oh so you're basically saying that liking dogs is bad, because Hitler had a dog? I guess everything Hitler was associated with is now un-woke :rolleyes:

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

lobster shirt posted:

Ty

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

Oh so you're basically saying that liking dogs is bad, because Hitler had a dog? I guess everything Hitler was associated with is now un-woke :rolleyes:

he was also a vegetarian and a conservationist, so i dunno, maybe it's a good rule of thumb

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Doc Hawkins posted:

he was also a vegetarian and a conservationist, so i dunno, maybe it's a good rule of thumb

theres a lot of portions of conservation that are rooted in white supremacy

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

lots of birds named after racists @_@

https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate-environment/interactive/2021/bird-names-racism-audubon/

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

dudes rock

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

sometimes i see some swallow-tailed kikes in the fields here

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Doc Hawkins posted:

also into spirituality and mysticism

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

hitler had bottom surgery

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Thanks snopes for confiming it in the most round about way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
purchasing a young girl to get cannibalized as "a joke", jesus