Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Pvt. Parts posted:

There is a triangle pointer above teammates that you can see through walls. By default it is blue, what does it mean when it turns orange?

Pretty sure it means they have taken damage..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.

Pvt. Parts posted:

There is a triangle pointer above teammates that you can see through walls. By default it is blue, what does it mean when it turns orange?

I'm pretty sure that means they're not at full health.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Pattonesque posted:

OW pubbies love not turning around

yeah it's like a total mindless fixation on MUST LOOK AT OBJ or STAND ON THE OBJ

meanwhile enemy team is flanking

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

appropriatemetaphor posted:

yeah it's like a total mindless fixation on MUST LOOK AT OBJ or STAND ON THE OBJ

I'm convinced they do not have their sound on because like, I hear flanking Reapers and Sombras and whatever <i>all the time</i> and manage to turn around from safety. It's so easy!

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

My experience is often the complete opposite. My team always ignores the objective. Way ahead in kills but somehow lose anyway because they never step on the objective.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I love doing that as Ana, hitting a nice sleep, then frantically pinging the sleeping enemy while my team ignores them completely and then they wake up and we all die

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Codependent Poster posted:

I love doing that as Ana, hitting a nice sleep, then frantically pinging the sleeping enemy while my team ignores them completely and then they wake up and we all die

I can't decide if that's better or worse than when you land a clutch sleep on someone who then gets woken up instantly.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
my favourite is sleeping a bob immediately after it comes out and nobody wakes it but also nobody changes position so when he wakes up nauturally they all die

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Pattonesque posted:

OW pubbies love not turning around

The audio in the game is horrible and I can never tell where people are coming from.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

it seems a bit better now than it was after they broke directional sound entirely. its still not great and it feels very blizzard that there is a specific dolby atmos toggle that does literally nothing but it was so bad for a while there

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Tank meta seems mostly healthy right now, which is nice. You still don't want to run Dva into Zarya and running monkey into anything kinda sucks (plz buff monkey a little jesus) but at least I can play anything.

Also shoutout to the team calling me a thrower for playing hog and hitting 10 hooks in a row but it not mattering because we didn't have a single fight the entire game where they didn't get loving murdered at fight start.

(plz buff hog too what did they do to my boi)

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

dogstile posted:

Tank meta seems mostly healthy right now, which is nice. You still don't want to run Dva into Zarya and running monkey into anything kinda sucks (plz buff monkey a little jesus) but at least I can play anything.

Also shoutout to the team calling me a thrower for playing hog and hitting 10 hooks in a row but it not mattering because we didn't have a single fight the entire game where they didn't get loving murdered at fight start.

(plz buff hog too what did they do to my boi)

Monkey's corpse should have physics/damage, that way when I leap into a team and bastion has killed me before I landed at least my body can hurt them.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

hes not a monkey

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

I've been playing a lot of Lifeweaver just to get the challenge points and man, everyone is not wrong about his lack of impact. His mobility gimmicks are fun once you get the rhythm down, and yoinking people to safe highground feels great, but playing any other support just feels so much better.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

monkey deserves a wall climb i dont give a gently caress how you justify it in the lore make him japanese whatever

Serotoning
Sep 14, 2010

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
HANG 'EM HIGH

We're fighting human animals and we act accordingly
Overwatch 2: make him japanese whatever

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

my favourite is sleeping a bob immediately after it comes out and nobody wakes it but also nobody changes position so when he wakes up nauturally they all die

I really need to bind the "sorry" voice line because I without fail accidentally wake up every single sleeping bob and ana and I die together

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

I think Winston is at that awkward point where he is a little too fragile vs other tanks, but he's almost a monster. He already destroys a lot of comps if the enemy team can't heal through shields or break shields quickly. I wouldn't mind if his alt fire did triple headshots like kiriko.

I love the wallclimb idea, especially if it gave him extra butt drops if he fell from a certain height.

headcase fucked around with this message at 14:58 on May 16, 2023

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

winton 150 damage railshots would probably be too OP

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

comedyblissoption posted:

winton 150 damage railshots would probably be too OP

Does it do 50?? it always just seems like a tickle

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

I'd settle for just making the hitbox on his alt fire a bit bigger

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

I'm running into the problem as tank where it's clear that the enemy supports are doing all the work but no-one is focusing them, and if I push forward to try to do the job myself, the other tank peels and I die.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I'm running into the problem as tank where it's clear that the enemy supports are doing all the work but no-one is focusing them, and if I push forward to try to do the job myself, the other tank peels and I die.

That's where you pick one of the dps characters masquerading as a tank and do the job yourself, or alternatively go sit in a corner and have a little cry.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Junker Queen exists so you can go "gently caress this" and run at the supports yourself.

headcase posted:

Does it do 50?? it always just seems like a tickle

It is, which is why its really fun to charge it on a jump, because you can hit a shot, punch land and punch for like 160 damage.

Then it all gets burst healed by one of the supports and you have to leave because they heal faster than you can do damage.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

I've been playing a lot of Lifeweaver just to get the challenge points and man, everyone is not wrong about his lack of impact. His mobility gimmicks are fun once you get the rhythm down, and yoinking people to safe highground feels great, but playing any other support just feels so much better.

The way I look at it is that with other supports I find it necessary to track ults. It's important to know when Zen has Transcendence, Ana has Nano, Lucio has Beat, etc.

With Lifeweaver it's like, who cares. The tree comes out and it's very slightly more healing. whatever.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
It's done an excellent job of blocking my LOS when my lifeweaver is trying to be helpful.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

my internet is kind of lovely and i'm moving soon so i don't want to deal with fixing it, so i'm just doing qp

so many people leave, the matches are garbage

Serotoning
Sep 14, 2010

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
HANG 'EM HIGH

We're fighting human animals and we act accordingly

Inept posted:

my internet is kind of lovely and i'm moving soon so i don't want to deal with fixing it, so i'm just doing qp

I don't get tons of leavers, but um, that's kinda the point of QP? It's a no-stakes way to just diddle around in the game a bit. The sooner you shift your QP mindset to a per-play basis and not a per-match basis, the happier you will be.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

Inept posted:

This is starting to happen in comp too. I had a low diamond game on support where an enemy duo (tank+dps) left after things looked bad. I don't blame them because we turned the corner on one of those awful push maps, and it's drat near impossible to win after you get pushed into your spawn. Like why bother playing another 5 minutes of that garbage.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Pattonesque posted:

With Lifeweaver it's like, who cares. The tree comes out and it's very slightly more healing. whatever.

The only ult it really affects is Gravitic Flux, I've had a Lifeweaver time it perfectly so that everyone hit the floor then immediately got boosted almost to full

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

The only ult it really affects is Gravitic Flux, I've had a Lifeweaver time it perfectly so that everyone hit the floor then immediately got boosted almost to full

that's kinda cool. but even then you could do that with Baptiste's burst

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Inept posted:

As a frequent QP leaver, I only need to get dunked on for a few minutes to know whether or not I can expect to get dunked on the rest of the game.

The day Blizz figures out a way to serve up somewhat fair and consistent matches is the day I stop leaving QP matches. I don't mind losing (well, I don't like it) as long as it feels competitive.

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<
RIP OW2 PvE, now I can ignore it forever.

E: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/overwatch-2s-pve-mode-is-being-scrapped-blizzard-explains-what-happened-and-why/1100-6514242/

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Lord Packinham posted:

RIP OW2 PvE, now I can ignore it forever.

Was there an announcement, or... ?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
lol

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Father Wendigo posted:

Was there an announcement, or... ?

PlayOverwatch streamed on Twitch. Here's the roadmap:

https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/1658532777225060354

Big F, now we can uninstall OW2 for once

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

widespread posted:

PlayOverwatch streamed on Twitch. Here's the roadmap:

https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/1658532777225060354

Big F, now we can uninstall OW2 for once

No campaign, only seasonal PvE events?

Rest in Piss.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Blizzard putting the Ow back into Overwatch 2.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

AndyElusive posted:

Blizzard putting the Ow back into Overwatch 2.

"When we said that PvE was going to be the real transition from Overwatch 1.5 to Overwatch 2, we actually meant Overwatch 1.2!" :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Meanwhile, somewhere in Grove, work begins on next season's Williams F1 car...

Season 7 for comp MH to return? At least I know when to reinstall.