Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

the damage difference for hitting weakness vs not is like 10% maybe, sushang is one of the top single target damage dealers (only behind seele and maybe ice-5*-loser), she should absolutely be outdamaging himeko on bosses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Indecisive posted:

the damage difference for hitting weakness vs not is like 10% maybe, sushang is one of the top single target damage dealers (only behind seele and maybe ice-5*-loser), she should absolutely be outdamaging himeko on bosses

This does not line up with the reddit testing I've seen.

This is a physical resonance hit against four separate enemies. One is weak to physical(Bronya), one is neutral to physical(the ice spears), and one resists physical(Cocolia).

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

elemental Weakness just influences whether or not your attack also damages their Toughness bar. After its depleted you Break the opponent and they stop taking Toughness damage

elemental resistances determine how much damage you are actually doing with your attacks

e: prydwen says you basically do 11% bonus damage while broken but I can't say I've noticed it

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 00:15 on May 16, 2023

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Kanos posted:

This does not line up with the reddit testing I've seen.

This is a physical resonance hit against four separate enemies. One is weak to physical(Bronya), one is neutral to physical(the ice spears), and one resists physical(Cocolia).

I'm not sure if resonance damage type actually does anything? Definitely doesn't break shields though, Hunt resonance is wind damage and it just ignores wind-weakness shields and damages HP directly.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Further reddit rummaging seems to say that enemies do resist certain elements. Some cited examples are the fire elemental enemy types apparently having a 40% resistance to fire damage, and human Cocolia being an absolute unit with 60% ice resist, 40% physical/wind resist, and 20% imaginary resist.

Direct weaknesses don't exist(i.e. there's no one that takes bonus damage from fire or wind or whatever), but this does create a pseudo weakness effect where a fire guy is going to take substantially more damage from non-fire characters.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Kanos posted:

Further reddit rummaging seems to say that enemies do resist certain elements. Some cited examples are the fire elemental enemy types apparently having a 40% resistance to fire damage, and human Cocolia being an absolute unit with 60% ice resist, 40% physical/wind resist, and 20% imaginary resist.

Direct weaknesses don't exist(i.e. there's no one that takes bonus damage from fire or wind or whatever), but this does create a pseudo weakness effect where a fire guy is going to take substantially more damage from non-fire characters.

what do you mean, there are clearly certain elements you want to bring if you want to break them, but, it seems like things take more damage once they're broken unless you crit the gently caress out of whatever you're doing (like with seele)

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

GreenBuckanneer posted:

what do you mean, there are clearly certain elements you want to bring if you want to break them, but, it seems like things take more damage once they're broken unless you crit the gently caress out of whatever you're doing (like with seele)

I'm not talking about breaking bars, I'm talking about raw damage dealt.

Current testing suggests that you do roughly 10% more damage to things that are broken, incidentally.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

you should bring sushang anyway because dropping a giant rear end bird on things is never not fun

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

While not as brutally strong as Seele, Sushang's great because she can do Seele's multi-turn bullshit reliably and on command.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the confusion is coming from there being two separate things.

There are elemental *weaknesses*, which means you can do damage to an enemy's break gauge.
And, *unrelatedly*, there are enemy resistances, which means you do more/less damage to an enemy with those resistances.

The easiest way to illustrate this is with character's kits. Pela can reduce an enemy's ice resistance, which means they take more damage from ice, but they don't take break gauge damage.
Likewise, there are Remembrance blessings that make an enemy weak to ice, which means you can break them with ice, but it doesn't increase the damage ice does to them.

They're two separate concepts.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Having Tingyun enable Sushang to go completely loving berko on an enemy and annihilate any sort of sense that the turn order has is really satisfying

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

I still gain mats from killing elites in SU even though I already maxed the pts for the week?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

GateOfD posted:

I still gain mats from killing elites in SU even though I already maxed the pts for the week?
maxing out the points just prevents you from getting the literal rewards on the weekly points tree. you can still grind up the ability tree, get curio/blessing index rewards, mats, the relics, etc.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

IIRC there is a weekly mat drop cap but it's invisible and independent of the weekly rewards track.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Ibblebibble posted:

IIRC there is a weekly mat drop cap but it's invisible and independent of the weekly rewards track.

The number I have seen is 100 Elite/Boss kills per week before stuff stops dropping.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
There absolutely is an invisible limit -- I've hit it a couple of times and bitched about it a couple of pages ago. I run the hell out of it because, well, it's free and something to do.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Endorph posted:

the confusion is coming from there being two separate things.

There are elemental *weaknesses*, which means you can do damage to an enemy's break gauge.
And, *unrelatedly*, there are enemy resistances, which means you do more/less damage to an enemy with those resistances.

The easiest way to illustrate this is with character's kits. Pela can reduce an enemy's ice resistance, which means they take more damage from ice, but they don't take break gauge damage.
Likewise, there are Remembrance blessings that make an enemy weak to ice, which means you can break them with ice, but it doesn't increase the damage ice does to them.

They're two separate concepts.

Too confusing. Would be better if reducing ice resistance = added ice weakness if it wasn't present before. Then you could take pela + certain paths that have a lot of ice add-ons

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I am slowly killing Kafka via death of a thousand cuts + massive abundance

its very boring but hell it works

e: gently caress you kafka

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 02:27 on May 16, 2023

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Too confusing. Would be better if reducing ice resistance = added ice weakness if it wasn't present before. Then you could take pela + certain paths that have a lot of ice add-ons
i think thatd be way too busted honestly

plus itd mean pela is worthless if the enemy is actually already weak to ice

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

Abundance path made Kekfa so free

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I do think they should show the resistance in their stats when you pull up the z or something. I mean granted they don't do this in any of their other games, but people math it out anyway, just let me see it in game. :negative:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Endorph posted:

i think thatd be way too busted honestly

plus itd mean pela is worthless if the enemy is actually already weak to ice

naw, it'd be additive

already weak to ice? now it's 2x weak to ice

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

GateOfD posted:

Abundance path made Kekfa so free

She eventually powers up and murders your rear end

Too defensive :(

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Took two tries to beat SU5, because I didn't have a debuffer the first time. Second time I took March, and it wasn't that bad with her to debuff.

Remembrance is quite good, even without much of your own frost damage. I was actually Path of Abundance for that run, but got some Remembrance blessings that caused enemies to frequently get frozen.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Eimi posted:

I do think they should show the resistance in their stats when you pull up the z or something. I mean granted they don't do this in any of their other games, but people math it out anyway, just let me see it in game. :negative:
That menu does kinda tell you. It gives you these icons:

But it doesn't give you the actual number. So it's unclear to me if there's only three tiers of base resistance, or it's hiding some granularity.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Nihility is fun, and that's just with 2 actual dot characters on my team. Imagine what will happen with 3...or 4, if they add a DoT healer somehow.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
You don't really need dot characters for Nihility to be decent, just get the one the adds dots to broken enemies.

Free to play squad making some progress:

Edit: Boo, cannot even attempt 5-2 until EL4.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 04:12 on May 16, 2023

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Oh. I thought it was weird that the currency you use to buy Herta's LCs is called "Herta Bonds", because that doesn't seem to suit her personality at all, but they're bonds in the financial sense, not the interpersonal one. That's very funny.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

FractalSandwich posted:

Oh. I thought it was weird that the currency you use to buy Herta's LCs is called "Herta Bonds", because that doesn't seem to suit her personality at all, but they're bonds in the financial sense, not the interpersonal one. That's very funny.

the space station's currency is stamped with a Herta NFT :allears:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

lmao, I helped this lady throw coins into a vehicle's wheel and was arrested and forced to pay 10000 currency (dunno what happens if you choose the community service option instead).

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Ytlaya posted:

lmao, I helped this lady throw coins into a vehicle's wheel and was arrested and forced to pay 10000 currency (dunno what happens if you choose the community service option instead).

If you choose community service they're forced to let you go scot free because you're guests of the General.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUaWaU5ojNA

I guess if you have some fully upgraded 5* relics and some lvl3 or lvl4 superimposed light cones with asta/welt/herta/serval you too can beat up World 4-2 in under 2 minutes...

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

i dont think it actually costs you 10k credits

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/honkaistarrail/status/1658330242602135552

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

More March.

Edit: Huh, in the notice they're calling all the classes like The Erudition and The Hunt, instead of just The Hunt like on the menus.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

i don't care at all about jing yuan but i do want eidolons for all three of those 4*s so I guess i'm gonna tempt fate a little

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Oh right hell Jing Yuan is right around the corner and I've been completely derailed by Tears of the Kingdom. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Also it's honestly super refreshing to have freebie characters actually get featured on banners. Genshin just leaves the freebie squad to rot unless you save wish glitter for way too many months.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

UHD posted:

i don't care at all about jing yuan but i do want eidolons for all three of those 4*s so I guess i'm gonna tempt fate a little

Same. I don't really care about Jing Yuan, but all of the featured 4*s would be great. Unfortunately, I'm planning on going for Silver Wolf and I'm pretty sure if I luck out and hit Jing Yuan before pity I wouldn't have enough rolls banked for Silver Wolf. :smith:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Do not roll unless you are prepared for Jing Yuan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

"I'm nowhere near a pity I could do some pulls and hopefully get [Insert 4* Here] Eidolons" is the harbinger of pulling an early 5* and completely derailing all plans.

Seen it happen to many a people.