Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Time_pants posted:

"Commercial sex," I assume, refers to sex lasting 30 to 60 seconds.

It also requires participants to keep all products free of bodily fluids and logos oriented towards the recording devices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
Elon Musk bought twitter because he got bored of reading his employee's emails about him

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Hope everyone is ready for the biggest Tesla event of the year! You can even win a signed copy of Mommy Musky's book!
https://twitter.com/teslaownersSV/status/1655941032197115916?s=20

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003
Mr. Musk is a real horn dog your honor, he can’t help being a pedo!

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Time_pants posted:

"Commercial sex," I assume, refers to sex lasting 30 to 60 seconds.

$8 worth of sex

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

kazil posted:

gonna request cell 420 on block 69

do they let you tweet in prison?

We're pretty sure Ross Ulbricht writes out his brilliant thoughts by hand and then his mom tweets them from his account. He even draws self-pitying pictures about his situation that his mom always tweets as well. Now that the max character count is 4,000, I can't wait to see if he starts making GBS threads out rambling screeds about his "unjust" conviction.

cr0y posted:

How long until Elon fake news tags that's tweet and calls CNBC & Reuters state sponsored media

Never. He's (purposely) overcorrected by completely getting rid of the "State Sponsored Media" label altogether. Even the Russian/Chinese/etc. propaganda accounts no longer have the label.

His political views are a complete mystery!

Kale
May 14, 2010

...! posted:

Haha, you are definitely misremembering this. He didn't make a "big deal" out of this. I don't think he ever even mentioned it after the fact. He definitely didn't mention it before it happened. He very clearly didn't want to be there; the Saudis basically dragged him there.

I definitely remember him tweeting it out that he was there, but yeah I don't think he mentioned hanging out with Jared Kushner and the Saudi's, that was more of a caught on camera moment from 3rd parties. I still see that as a bit of a hey look at me sort of moment though not as egregious as Trump's. He seems to at least enjoy things other than strictly himself to the same absolute degree Trump does. Weird things like lovely memes and weed jokes, but there's at least a single very plain thin layer to the guy as opposed to the total void that is Trump that I could sort of see him at a Soccer game cause he wanted to be there and just tweeted it out in his own weird way like anyone might.

Again the whole Trump thing for those couple of weeks was why Elon will never quite be as pathetic as Trump was to me, though he's probably 2nd on the sad sack Billionaire list. Trump clearly stopped showing up to those sorts of public sporting events like wrestling, boxing etc. for real decades ago and again immediately stopped going to them after he found one crowd that wouldn't boo him. I don't even think he stayed around for any of those games he went to either, just saw what they would do when he inevitably ended up on the Jumbotron and left at the absolute first opportunity.

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

so I have a quandry, what if elon was filmed dancing at a club...on epsteins island?

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Kale posted:

Elon about to be really loving mad and swear vengeance. I remember my first cue that Elon may in fact be just another petty dipshit with a cult was his extremely weird beefing with Bill Gates when Bill had the audacity to ask him if he wanted to cooperate with him on some sort of charity gig, the net result of which was for Elon to ridicule him for several days about short selling Tesla stock and posting mean memes about him long after anybody including Bill really stopped caring since I believe he had gotten the message already. No doubt being asked to do "woke stuff" like charity while Elon was interested in doing "hardcore stuff" like purchasing twitter and sharing right wing memes with Catturd2 touched a huge nerve in the man

It was some sort of climate change initiative and he threw a hissy fit because he thinks Tesla does more for the climate than any other company. He takes short selling as a personal insult which is just weird. For comparison, Bond supervillain Jeff Bezos famously told Amazon employees to ignore the short sellers and just to do a good job because poo poo doesn’t matter.

I suspect that the company that does the most for climate change in terms of CO2 prevention is some industrial scale power company no one has heard of building poo poo to a of solar and wind power, but people are loving stupid and mistake “wow factor” with actual impact.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

saying that a for-profit corporation "does more for climate change than any other company" is like saying that a serial killer "does more for saving lives than any other serial killer"

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

rotinaj posted:

Every time that has been tried, it absolutely destroys any state’s ability to harvest produce

State regulators know this

That is why nothing ever happens about this poo poo, they know they cannot actually accomplish it and the politicians on that side just use it to scare their constituents

It’s all just a shell game, it’s all stupid, and for the most part, it’s that old quote about arguing with antisemites. They know their points are empty and don’t care.

That tweet is the equivalent of the old stick figure cartoons being slaughtered that 13 year old boys would think looked cool. Just pandering to base lizard brain stuff.

I fully get that it's a stupid thing to do, I just don't get why anti immigration assholes never put 2 and 2 together.

For example, the Soybean plant near where I used to live in college was at least half undocumented labor. Their boss knew it, our landlord knew it, the town knew it, the state knew it, the USDA probably knew it. Yet, nothing was ever done, despite the best efforts of my chud neighbor. Because everyone else knew that they'd be lucky to run half-shifts using local labor at the wages they paid.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

...! posted:

We're pretty sure Ross Ulbricht writes out his brilliant thoughts by hand and then his mom tweets them from his account. He even draws self-pitying pictures about his situation that his mom always tweets as well. Now that the max character count is 4,000, I can't wait to see if he starts making GBS threads out rambling screeds about his "unjust" conviction.
wait, holy poo poo is ross still doing that?

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

Earwicker posted:

saying that a for-profit corporation "does more for climate change than any other company" is like saying that a serial killer "does more for saving lives than any other serial killer"

Wasn't that the entire premise of Dexter?

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Ghostlight posted:

wait, holy poo poo is ross still doing that?

Makes u think.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Genius!

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Nude Descends Blockchain

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Propaganda Hour posted:

$8 worth of sex

Jokes on you, my sex is worthless

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1658294821679951872

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Earlier today:

Jelly posted:

This is the first time I've learned anything about George Soros that isn't some weird cultist bogeyman poo poo.

George Soros cuts ties with Elon Musk

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

there it is

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

General Bullshit > Elon Musk: "Soros hates humanity!" after Soros dumps Tesla stock

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Oh hell yeah. Full Frontal Soros Conspiracies! Here we fuckin' goooooooooo!

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
how long until elon musk turns into a true-blue q conspiracy nut

or more of one,

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Zamujasa posted:

how long until elon musk turns into a true-blue q conspiracy nut

or more of one,

I'm sure he's full q, but this is him trying to play coy.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Renreeja posted:

so I have a quandry, what if elon was filmed dancing at a club...on epsteins island?

Look, if billionaires can't totally cut loose and awkwardly "raise the roof" to dance music in front of a reclusive billionaire's trophy case of human eyeballs in between coercive sex with minors, in what sense is society truly free?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

https://twitter.com/EsoShaggy/status/1658295526637355009?s=20

It’s fine, I just whistle past this and the videos of people killing dogs with screwdrivers to see Weird Tweets and sports scores from my favorite follows

John Mirra
Dec 18, 2005

*waves hands*
Can we get a Community Note up in here please?

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Spreading antisemitic George Soros conspiracy theories...in the club.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

I'm sure this is a good and normal thing for a company the size of Tesla to do.

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1658249761672101889?t=ugr86GeoKzSCT0O7JEK1UA&s=19

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Tiny Timbs posted:

https://twitter.com/EsoShaggy/status/1658295526637355009?s=20

It’s fine, I just whistle past this and the videos of people killing dogs with screwdrivers to see Weird Tweets and sports scores from my favorite follows
weird that this guy is doing the job of that twitter bot that interprets tweets into everyday language.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

ryde posted:

It was some sort of climate change initiative and he threw a hissy fit because he thinks Tesla does more for the climate than any other company. He takes short selling as a personal insult which is just weird. For comparison, Bond supervillain Jeff Bezos famously told Amazon employees to ignore the short sellers and just to do a good job because poo poo doesn’t matter.

I suspect that the company that does the most for climate change in terms of CO2 prevention is some industrial scale power company no one has heard of building poo poo to a of solar and wind power, but people are loving stupid and mistake “wow factor” with actual impact.

lol remember when muskrats and other techbros thought solar road tiles would save the world.

or other Perpetual motion machines scams. like christ musk and his stans are the stupidiest mother fuckers. sure is weird that code monkeys, computer janitors, and other poo poo ton of free time white collar workers post on social media about being science stem lords when real supa science people are posting "lol my big dumb doggo did dog thing i luv him"

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Those solar road panels were cool though

Too bad they didnt hold up to actual use

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

:twitter:

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

rotinaj posted:

Too bad they didnt hold up to actual use

That is one of those things literally anyone who's ever looked at a road could've predicted.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Elviscat posted:

That is one of those things literally anyone who's ever looked at a road could've predicted.

Hold on. Are you suggesting that driving over solar panels thousands of times a day with a fully loaded 16-ton semi truck could damage them?

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Time_pants posted:

Hold on. Are you suggesting that driving over solar panels thousands of times a day with a fully loaded 16-ton semi truck could damage them?

It can’t be that stupid. You must be explaining it wrong.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

ryde posted:

It can’t be that stupid. You must be explaining it wrong.

have u ever heard of gorilla glass? :rolleyes:

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Squibbles posted:

Wasn't that the entire premise of Dexter?

yes, and like the premise of dexter it might be an interesting basis for a fictional story but is an absurdity in real life

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Elviscat posted:

I'm sure this is a good and normal thing for a company the size of Tesla to do.

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1658249761672101889?t=ugr86GeoKzSCT0O7JEK1UA&s=19

Fuckin' LMFAO. Big small business owner energy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

rotinaj posted:

Not really imo. The problem solar roads solves is "we don't have anywhere to put all these solar panels" which is not a problem that, y,know, exists.
There's tons of space to put solar panels yet. The actual problem is that they cost money to make, and solar roads only exacerbates that one (by drastically increasing the durability requirements).