Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

there is nothing funnier than a Galactus player turn 6 snapping you to 8 cubes, and playing their Kang right into your surprise Cosmo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

PlasticAutomaton posted:

there is nothing funnier than a Galactus player turn 6 snapping you to 8 cubes, and playing their Kang right into your surprise Cosmo.

Hell yeah I know that feeling

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Got infinite just now with Thanos Ongoing. Started at 70 and took 9 days to 85, 3 days to 95 and 4 days to infinite. I made a lot of ground during the Peak day with a Negative deck but I also still played quite a bit of Sera Hazmat. Cerebro 2 was a new deck for me this month too but success was pretty mixed.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

victorious posted:

Got infinite just now with Thanos Ongoing. Started at 70 and took 9 days to 85, 3 days to 95 and 4 days to infinite. I made a lot of ground during the Peak day with a Negative deck but I also still played quite a bit of Sera Hazmat. Cerebro 2 was a new deck for me this month too but success was pretty mixed.
Thanos ongoing in this meta??? I'm impressed. What were the good matchups?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I'd be curious to see the deck. I've come across a few Thanos but never any super successful ones.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I don't really get the badge of honor thing of being f2p. It's like 33 cents a day to play this game every month with the battle pass.

I dunno about badge of honour but in my currency this game is like 40 bucks a month, which adds up real loving quick let me tell you

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

No Wave posted:

That's been my big winner lately as well. I think the key is that you have a lot of options; most of the good decks are centered around one or two cards and if you don't pull those you lose, but TO can work a number of different ways

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
It has been my default deck I go back to. It just has so many answers to their crap. I was going to try to put together a Thanos Sera control deck after I ran into a Thanos Galactus deck of all things.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I'm over here cruising with negative Thanos

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Just met a real interesting deck that I can't make sense of:
Bast, pass, Brood, Lockjaw + Wasp to reveal Galactus (??), Mr. Negative on Lockjaw to reveal Wolverine, Silver Surfer on Lockjaw to reveal Mr. Negative again...?

Like I get Bast into Brood sure, and I get Lockjaw with Silver Surfer stuff but putting that with Galactus shell....?

They played it out too for...some reason? Gifting cubes or upgrading cards maybe?

Bottom Liner posted:

I'm over here cruising with negative Thanos

Got a list to share?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

So apparently Kang and Wave combine to crash the game. God gently caress that card.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

victorious posted:

share the list, share the list, share the list

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Artelier posted:

Got a list to share?

The key is to hold onto stones if you have negative in hand, as they become a draw engine for your negative cards. Big guy basically never gets played here but isn't really needed. Mystique is kinda the MVP, with Prof/Iron/Devil/Marvel targets depending on your board. This deck can hit infinite in the current season, partly because it has many threats and people have a hard time seeing anything coming from the mish mash of junk.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Thanks for the list! Will take it out for a spin later as I have a Play 1 Costs mission still whee

PlasticAutomaton posted:

So apparently Kang and Wave combine to crash the game. God gently caress that card.

Hey, that's an unfair attack on those two cards together! Let me assure you, you can crash the game with Just Kang

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

IIIIIII'm sorry but what the gently caress is this?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Youremother posted:

Corporate synergy

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Youremother posted:

drat, I haven't seen one of those since the beta. They're not too bad, you don't actually have to play him, just have him in the deck

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

I'm gonna put him into my C2 deck and see if I can play him to miss instead

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Youremother posted:

So that's why everyone and his brother is playing Star-Lord...

I thought I was facing bots!

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

No Wave posted:

bowmore posted:

share the list, share the list, share the list

I don't think Klaw should be in there, it very rarely made a difference and I think the deck really needs a 4-drop. My general strategy was to use Time Stone + Prof X to lock a lane on Turn 4 and then win another with Dino. Alternative is to flood the board and try win with Blue Marvel + Onslaught. I can count on one finger the number of times a 20-power Thanos won me a lane, let alone a game. I also lost a lot of games from forgetting that Lockjaw exists after triggering him once.

I don't really know what the good match-ups were, I played 144 games with it and I'm not mentally tracking what archetypes I'm playing against. I won a lot of cubes from bots, I know that!

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Thanosgoing without Spectrum is interesting. I'd probably drop Klaw for her, curve be damned.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

victorious posted:

I don't think Klaw should be in there, it very rarely made a difference and I think the deck really needs a 4-drop. My general strategy was to use Time Stone + Prof X to lock a lane on Turn 4 and then win another with Dino. Alternative is to flood the board and try win with Blue Marvel + Onslaught. I can count on one finger the number of times a 20-power Thanos won me a lane, let alone a game. I also lost a lot of games from forgetting that Lockjaw exists after triggering him once.

I don't really know what the good match-ups were, I played 144 games with it and I'm not mentally tracking what archetypes I'm playing against. I won a lot of cubes from bots, I know that!
Iron Lad would go alright I think

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

This is the one I've been using, works well

code:

# (1) Ant Man
# (2) Armor
# (3) Mister Fantastic
# (3) Cosmo
# (4) Super-Skrull
# (4) Iron Lad
# (5) Devil Dinosaur
# (5) Leech
# (5) Professor X
# (5) Blue Marvel
# (6) Spectrum
# (6) Thanos

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Opopanax posted:

This is the one I've been using, works well

code:

# (1) Ant Man
# (2) Armor
# (3) Mister Fantastic
# (3) Cosmo
# (4) Super-Skrull
# (4) Iron Lad
# (5) Devil Dinosaur
# (5) Leech
# (5) Professor X
# (5) Blue Marvel
# (6) Spectrum
# (6) Thanos

First 2 games, 16 cubes, thanks opop

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Youremother posted:

I'm gonna put him into my C2 deck and see if I can play him to miss instead

This except I used it as an excuse to throw together a C5 deck:

# (1) Titania
# (2) Star-Lord
# (2) Armor
# (3) Cerebro
# (3) Mystique
# (3) Deathlok
# (3) Polaris
# (4) Enchantress
# (4) Rockslide
# (5) Professor X
# (6) Doctor Doom
# (6) Spectrum
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3RhcmxvcmQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik15c3RpcXVlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDZXJlYnJvIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEZWF0aGxvayJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRHJEb29tIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJFbmNoYW50cmVzcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUG9sYXJpcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUm9ja3NsaWRlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJUaXRhbmlhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJQcm9mZXNzb3JYIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBcm1vciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3BlY3RydW0ifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

I honestly don't hate it? Star-Lord's still probably the worst part of it though, lol.

E: Never mind I like this one better:

# (1) Titania
# (2) Star-Lord
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Cerebro
# (3) Mystique
# (3) Deathlok
# (3) Polaris
# (4) Enchantress
# (4) Omega Red
# (4) Rockslide
# (5) Iron Man
# (6) Doctor Doom

Cattail Prophet fucked around with this message at 05:45 on May 16, 2023

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Sandwolf posted:

I’m not gonna tell folks how to spend their money in this capitalist dystopia we inhabit but if you enjoy this game a lot and play it every day, it feels like $10 a month to slightly heighten that experience is worth it. If you’re complaining about the meta of the game, it seems like $10 to eliminate that is definitely worth it.

imo it depends on the battle pass card.

MODOK, Zabu, and Nebula were worth the battle pass to me, Hit-Monkey and Nimrod were not.

If I skipped Nimrod I'd be 5/5, but whatevskis

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

PlasticAutomaton posted:

I would also nominate someone playing Kang into Dark Dimension, that happened against me once and it took a second to sink in

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

bowmore posted:

Iron Lad would go alright I think

Probably! I've only been playing since Feb, Thanos and Knull are my only cards above Series 3.

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

Finally hit 70/75 tonight after starting at 60 this season. I felt stuck between 61-65 for the first few weeks and now finally this week something seemed to click with the Blackbolt/Stature deck. Helped that I opened Darkhawk last week I think, and then I decided to buy Stature since I was sitting on over 10k tokens.

Haven't picked up Jeff but haven't found missing him to be hurting too much.

Thanks to those sharing Thanos decks. Might have to bust out my Thanos ongoing again to see how it does, and Thanos negative sounds interesting!

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004

Youremother posted:

Ahahaha okay I did put Beast in my C2 deck just to give it a try and three times I have managed to bounce Iceman back and EACH TIME the opponent instantly retreated. Guess a second hit is THAT scary huh!

Also I saw a Lockjaw C2 that lets you pop M'baku back in your deck, don't have him but if I did I would love to run that

When I was playing godogg's quake/bounce deck people were retreating like crazy and I had no idea why. Like even before laying down any lane control.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

People snapping in infinite doesn't really make sense to me. Like I don't give a poo poo about cubes anymore I just want to play the game out ya fuckin moron

After I hit infinite last season I got a mission to win with a snap, so I just snapped immediately at the start of every game until I completed it.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Mindscape's not the hot location right? I keep getting it today and it is getting Real Frustrating let me tell you

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Youremother posted:

Someone's saying that they did it in 10 games with Surfer. Nova/Goose/That A-Hole/Ironheart/Bishop/Brood/Nakia/Surfer/Storm/Jugg/KM/Polaris.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Jedit posted:

Someone's saying that they did it in 10 games with Surfer. Nova/Goose/That A-Hole/Ironheart/Bishop/Brood/Nakia/Surfer/Storm/Jugg/KM/Polaris.

Lol I've seen this deck a few times and was wondering wtf.

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:

Cattail Prophet posted:

This except I used it as an excuse to throw together a C5 deck:

# (1) Titania
# (2) Star-Lord
# (2) Armor
# (3) Cerebro
# (3) Mystique
# (3) Deathlok
# (3) Polaris
# (4) Enchantress
# (4) Rockslide
# (5) Professor X
# (6) Doctor Doom
# (6) Spectrum
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3RhcmxvcmQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik15c3RpcXVlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDZXJlYnJvIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEZWF0aGxvayJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRHJEb29tIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJFbmNoYW50cmVzcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUG9sYXJpcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUm9ja3NsaWRlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJUaXRhbmlhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJQcm9mZXNzb3JYIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBcm1vciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3BlY3RydW0ifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

I honestly don't hate it? Star-Lord's still probably the worst part of it though, lol.

E: Never mind I like this one better:

# (1) Titania
# (2) Star-Lord
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Cerebro
# (3) Mystique
# (3) Deathlok
# (3) Polaris
# (4) Enchantress
# (4) Omega Red
# (4) Rockslide
# (5) Iron Man
# (6) Doctor Doom

Did the quest with C5 as well:

# (1) Titania
# (2) Luke Cage
# (2) Star-Lord
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Cerebro
# (3) Mystique
# (3) Deathlok
# (3) Polaris
# (4) Miles Morales
# (4) Omega Red
# (4) Stegron
# (6) Doctor Doom
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiT21lZ2FSZWQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlN0ZWdyb24ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNlcmVicm8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikx1a2VDYWdlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEckRvb20ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1pbGVzTW9yYWxlcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUG9sYXJpcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTGl6YXJkIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJUaXRhbmlhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNeXN0aXF1ZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3RhcmxvcmQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRlYXRobG9rIn1dfQ==
#

Stegron is one of the best cards yet. So many times they storm and next turn I just yeet the loving card outta there. Or even better they Galactus the obvious no card lane and YEET.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I got ducklad and I'm figuring out how best to use them. A going for broke deck doesn't really matter if you got duck because you just drop lad or jubilee asap

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

TFW Luke's Bar flips turn 1 and the opponent is playing a SHIELD/bounce deck... and you still win the lane thanks to a Wong/Mystique/Hazmat play.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I can't get a Thanos deck to work anymore. Maybe I just don't jive with the play style. Somehow my Sera-Monkey deck started working well again so go figure.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Patch is live:

https://www.marvelsnap.com/newsdetail?id=7226612130068355846

It's pretty lol

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Kitty returned to her original ability, Wave applies last, Death reduced to 8-cost. Now only 3 bonus ranks for hitting a x10 but also only 7 cubes per rank up - net effect is you need one less cube per 10 levels while ascending, but you can descend faster.

E: and Crystal is now completely unplayable in a different way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Darkhawk and Knull did NOT drop??? And they buffed Death????