Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I caught a great horse and couldn't find any stables so I painstakingly steered it back to the one stable I could remember properly from BotW (duelling peaks) and there was a giant UNDER REPAIR sign over the bridge and I had to give up

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I caught a great horse and couldn't find any stables so I painstakingly steered it back to the one stable I could remember properly from BotW (duelling peaks) and there was a giant UNDER REPAIR sign over the bridge and I had to give up

I understand this man completely now

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

HolePisser1982 posted:

been lolling at how much various characters hate my yiga clan mask

I found this, but I spent so long in the wilderness loving around, I had a completely new armor set before I even saw another character,

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

HolePisser1982 posted:

been lolling at how much various characters hate my yiga clan mask

lol this. was actually shocked when it happened goiing to lookout landing the first time when ur meant to head straight there

https://twitter.com/thisisforposti1/status/1658147827074334721

godlike game

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

just got the glider, going to explore for the next 20 hours

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

This quest on the plateau is freaking me out lol

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

how the gently caress do you get rupees lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Selling stuff. Idk if I've ever just found a rupee

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I got a cool hundo for helping Hoz and the monster squad take down a moblin camp

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
you get 20 rupees per sign you hold up and ~20-30 from killing yigatards

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I've just been selling all the rubies and stuff I get that I dont know the use for. Drip now, worry later.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

This game is really challenging my instincts of hoarding every item. Also, jumped down a chasm for the first time and my god this game is incredible.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Homeless Friend posted:

I understand this man completely now

Lol

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I got a cool hundo for helping Hoz and the monster squad take down a moblin camp

These quests refresh on the blood moon too, good way to make some easy cash and get decent monster parts if you can remember where to start them

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

probably old news but you can grab mushrooms with ultrahand, hell yeah

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

Selling stuff. Idk if I've ever just found a rupee

Lol I habitually check under rocks for rupees and lizards like Andre Agassi digging under his couch for unsmoked meth

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021
You can shield slide on minecart rails...

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
https://twitter.com/liccnuke/status/1657720211255222273

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

lmao

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

There's only been one brain buster puzzle so far for me and it was in right leg depot in the depths, I had to whip out rockets from my stash to solve it lol. That whole area was one of the coolest in the game so far and I think I found it and another really important thing really early which is making depths exploration a lot easier than it could be

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

tried fighting a gleeock now that i had some upgrades and shock resist

i could not dent its health and all of its moves oneshot me

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Evil Eagle posted:

There's only been one brain buster puzzle so far for me and it was in right leg depot in the depths, I had to whip out rockets from my stash to solve it lol. That whole area was one of the coolest in the game so far and I think I found it and another really important thing really early which is making depths exploration a lot easier than it could be

what thing did you find? I was exploring a bit earlier and burned through a lot of bright plants while exploring. I did figure out that all the light plants in the depths correspond to shrine locations above ground

overall it's such a sick and cool new area that I wasn't expecting

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i haven't been to the depths yet because it sounds scary, but i did successfully register a horse/unlock my botw horses, upgraded stamina twice & unlocked a new zone on the map. this is gaming

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Spanish Manlove posted:

what thing did you find? I was exploring a bit earlier and burned through a lot of bright plants while exploring. I did figure out that all the light plants in the depths correspond to shrine locations above ground

overall it's such a sick and cool new area that I wasn't expecting

The master sword lol. it's so badass with fuse in this game

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Evil Eagle posted:

The master sword lol. it's so badass with fuse in this game

oh yeah that. took me way too long to figure out I should do that

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i haven't been to the depths yet because it sounds scary, but i did successfully register a horse/unlock my botw horses, upgraded stamina twice & unlocked a new zone on the map. this is gaming

I'm.going to get 6 hearts and jump into the depths. Might regret it but that's the beauty of adventure

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

I'm.going to get 6 hearts and jump into the depths. Might regret it but that's the beauty of adventure

i need to sprint/glide/climb as long as possible, so no heart upgrades before a full 2nd stamina wheel for me

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

not my problem.
https://i.imgur.com/l6SPHfE.mp4

done with these little shits

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I been getting hearts because of how hard enemies are chunking me and the fact there are so many alternatives to climbing, but I’ve died several times running out of stamina while gliding. Need to rethink.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

[eyebrows going crazy] You been killing the sticky lizard? Haha huntin that poo poo. Lol wet rear end hands. My man!

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Probably gonna make my way up to what I assume is the first dungeon in Hebra and call it a night. Have revealed almost all of the overworld map and a small chunk of the depths, got stamina almost fully upgraded, let's go

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
full stamina, four hearts, cant lose

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

scary ghost dog posted:

full stamina, four hearts, cant lose

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I found some kind of zonai control scheme and immediately put together a dream airboat. Have been river cruisin all night with no goal. This game owns lol

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

God I hope the sequel to this teaches me about the pulley screw and wedge simple machines

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Leadthumb posted:

This quest on the plateau is freaking me out lol

the eyes one? that quest was what led to my first 16 hours of this game just being me crawling around in the depths constantly chasing all the poo poo to do down there. was playing and doing the anomaly in rito quest and finished it up and then went back to lookout point and found even loving more new poo poo and eight hours just loving vanished. this game is loving insane

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
they set up the end of the tutorial to be all austere but right before i touched the lightball i saw a cricket jumping on the platform and hit the deck and bellycrawled to get that sucker

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I went against all my gamer instincts and sold a diamond for 500. I know they're probably useful for something down the line but I figured having that amount of cash in the first few hours will probably be more immediately useful.

Also found out that BotW horses don't transfer if you played in Master Mode, wtf

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I went against all my gamer instincts and sold a diamond for 500. I know they're probably useful for something down the line but I figured having that amount of cash in the first few hours will probably be more immediately useful.

Also found out that BotW horses don't transfer if you played in Master Mode, wtf

Nice. You’ll be able to afford half of some leg armor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Torso armour should be cheaper than it used to be since our dismembered boy doesn't need as much of it