Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

The Lone Badger posted:

Not really imo. The problem solar roads solves is "we don't have anywhere to put all these solar panels" which is not a problem that, y,know, exists.
There's tons of space to put solar panels yet. The actual problem is that they cost money to make, and solar roads only exacerbates that one (by drastically increasing the durability requirements).

Literally right next to the road is better in most cases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
No you idiots, the solution is to make hovercars. You dummies. Buffoons. This is why you'll never be a famous iron mans like Elon Mask.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1658219416532779011

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Solar roadways are a great idea that only requires the invention of glass that is proof against weather extremes, that supports the weight of multi-tonne vehicles, that is both pitted enough for tyres to have traction on but also somehow does not get clogged with particulates that would block light, all while maintaining a cost-effectiveness that rivals simply dumping hot sludge on the ground and being thin and transparent enough to not interfere with light passing through it so it can perform the actual function you're putting it in for. No biggie.

Then you have to build the electric network.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Tesla will be the only company where your meme game is a serious factor on if you're hired or not.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I think it would be easier just to make the roads a thermal power type thing to collect the heat energy made from burning Teslas, which if used to power the making of more teslas could than create a very self contained circle of life'esq power cycle.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Konar posted:

Pretty disingenuous to leverage these societal rules that are meant to protect anonymous women from having creepshots taken of them and posted online, and using them to protect a dangerously stupid powerful man

The issue of the filming of Prime Minister Marin wasn't about it being a nightclub. It was nasty small men using it as an excuse to hurt a powerful woman. That's why the filming was wrong.

The issue of the filming of deputy PM Varadkar at a gay club was homophobia. Marginalised community spaces deserve privacy precisely because of this. People can literally be killed because of this. That's why the filming was wrong.

Neither applies to Musk.

gently caress Musk.

Bottom Liner posted:

Goons that have never been to a nightclub telling on themselves about what they think they are

There are actual photographers everywhere at those clubs, hired by promoters and club owners. There is zero expectation of privacy and no one gives a gently caress about a cellphone video.

All the local free indie papers have half a dozen pages dedicated to just photos of people clubbing.

Those monsters.

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Beat me to it. Yeah the original tweet just seems like a person surprised that musk was at the same party.

That said, I'm going to freely laugh at the most pathetic, hesitant hand raise towards the end there. Like his brain is all "Do... Do I raise my hands in the air? Should I wait for... What do the kids call it, the drop?" He just looks so awkward, lol

Yeah. It's not an "own", it's just people laughing at this goony gently caress.

Who happens to be one of the richest men in the world.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 05:39 on May 16, 2023

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1658294188528783360?s=46&t=NlE8jHkwoOOHAJ7q2SpiYQ
Twitter was very transparent in its capitulation to Turkey’s government. They didn’t have time to go to court by the time they were asked to suppress opposition messaging, so they had to comply!

:argh: Wokipedia!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/1658222039839244292

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Wokipedia?

:confused:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

there was no time for the government to prove they had legal standing for what they asked for so we did it anyway. we're so good at free speech.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Lol. Wokipedia. JFC. So this is what it's like watching someone's brain deteriorate in real time?

j.peeba
Oct 25, 2010

Almost Human
Nap Ghost
Isn't that the Star Wars wiki?

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

well, learning is woke, ergo facts are woke. checkmate libs.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Die in a Tesla fire, Musk.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Time_pants posted:

Hold on. Are you suggesting that driving over solar panels thousands of times a day with a fully loaded 16-ton semi truck could damage them?

musk and other muskrats : what do you mean civil engineers have equations where mass is a x^4 stressors on roads?!?

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

gschmidl posted:

many people are saying this

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

gschmidl posted:

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I can't believe this dogshit meme character and Musk have lasted so long.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Elviscat posted:

Wokipedia?

:confused:
Woka-woka-woka-pedia....

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Durzel posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1658294188528783360?s=46&t=NlE8jHkwoOOHAJ7q2SpiYQ
Twitter was very transparent in its capitulation to Turkey’s government. They didn’t have time to go to court by the time they were asked to suppress opposition messaging, so they had to comply!

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Breast/Legends

concerning

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Elon probably has to check every potential new hire's social media accounts for jokes to steal

But honestly it baffles me that people would want to work for any of his companies at this point. Tesla and SpaceX have always been horrible grindhouses from the few people I know who have worked there. I'm in semiconductors and I wouldn't DREAM of applying to any musk company, jesus.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

priznat posted:

Elon probably has to check every potential new hire's social media accounts for jokes to steal

But honestly it baffles me that people would want to work for any of his companies at this point. Tesla and SpaceX have always been horrible grindhouses from the few people I know who have worked there. I'm in semiconductors and I wouldn't DREAM of applying to any musk company, jesus.

What? Not hardcore (AHHHHH!) enough???

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Escape From Noise posted:

What? Not hardcore (AHHHHH!) enough???

Nooooo thank you! Plenty of well paying, satisfying jobs without a boer manbaby shrieking at you

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

priznat posted:

I had a Tesla recruiter reach out to me on LinkedIn a few weeks ago and i took great pleasure in telling them i would never touch a musk company

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

This man has inscrutable politics, a true centrist.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Durzel posted:

I can't wait for Musk to go and create Conservapedia 2 and have it somehow be even more stupid.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Earwicker posted:

yes, and like the premise of dexter it might be an interesting basis for a fictional story but is an absurdity in real life

I just started rewatching Dexter last night...

Are you guys stalking me? Paying attention to my TV habits? Don't tell me the timing of this conversation is a coincidence! :tinfoil:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Buce posted:

many people are saying this

Interesting

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Elviscat posted:

I'm sure this is a good and normal thing for a company the size of Tesla to do.

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1658249761672101889?t=ugr86GeoKzSCT0O7JEK1UA&s=19

This is just because he doesn't want to be sued by anymore black employees

He's going to hire racists only

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Non Compos Mentis posted:

This is just because he doesn't want to be sued by anymore black employees

He's going to hire racists only

You know how some companies are making an effort to mask names and other demographic indicators of applicants from hiring managers so the process is fairer? Musk heard about that and wanted to do the exact opposite.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Feel like it may just end up being effectively a hiring freeze.

Also wasn't he meant to be giving up leading the company in a couple of weeks.

Lol, he's so poo poo at even trying to pretend.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Countdown to Musk publicly saying the n word.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

You know how some companies are making an effort to mask names and other demographic indicators of applicants from hiring managers so the process is fairer? Musk heard about that and wanted to do the exact opposite.

Share your top 3 most racist memes now or this job interview is over!

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

...! posted:

I just started rewatching Dexter
craziest thing I've seen in this thread

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

"Here at Tesla, we have a special test to see if you're Tesla Material." [Holds up brown paper bag]

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Stink Billyums posted:

craziest thing I've seen in this thread

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

"Here at Tesla, we have a special test to see if you're Tesla Material." [Holds up brown paper bag]

- is this to be an interview test? Capillary dilation; the so-called blush response? Melanin density levels?

- we call it Mein Kampf for short.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

"While walking along in desert sand, you suddenly look down and see a tortoise crawling toward you. You reach down and flip it over onto its back. The tortoise lies there, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs, trying to turn itself over, but it cannot do so without your help. You are not helping. Why?"