Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Not gonna roll on this banner at all but it is nice to see the free characters are gonna get banners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah youll get more eidolons for ting/sushang eventually. dont roll unless you're okay with getting jing yuan, or enjoy tempting fate.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

eh, I'm only going to go like 20-30 in at most. enough to get one or two banner 4-stars. if i get jing yuan in there (lol i'm never that lucky) then i'm not that deep in the hole. if i don't, i'm that much closer to pity.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I'm just gonna do a YOLO 10 pull. Even if I get him that wouldn't be a huge change to my pity.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Starting from zero pity, the average cost for an on-banner 5-star is 15,000 jade. The theoretical worst case is 28,800. The worst realistic case is about ~27,000, the worst 1% is ~26,000, and the worst 10% is ~25,000. You can plan how much pity you're willing to risk accordingly.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I'll do 30-40, I am happy getting spooked just because I constantly notice lightning as a hole in my current roster.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I kind of actively don't want Jing Yuan, because I'd feel compelled to build him before Serval, when I'd much rather use the cool rocker chick over the world's second most boring soldier man, but I think I'll still take a 1-in-3 on Tingyun, at least.

It'll be fine. My bad luck is excellent.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
i'm fine with making do with my welfare electric erudition Serval

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

WTF, I thought the second banner was Silver Wolf -_-

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Clarste posted:

Do not roll unless you are prepared for Jing Yuan.

Yeah, I know. The desire sensor is powerful and works both ways.

sushibandit posted:

They're released like three separate Jing Yuan trailers, one of them fully animated. :v:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

sushibandit posted:

silver wolf is in the next patch. every patch has two banners.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I’m gonna roll because the only 4 stars I’m missing are Sushang and Tinglun

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I did not rat out the Foxian Beauty Daiqing

UHD posted:

i don't care at all about jing yuan but i do want eidolons for all three of those 4*s so I guess i'm gonna tempt fate a little

Yeah, I don't have Tingyun yet and would also really like some Sushang/March eidolons (particularly Sushang).

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Silver wolf is cool and all, but she's quantum and I don't have Ting or Sush at all

Aaaaaa

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

I have about 30 pulls of jade set up and am expecting to roll March all 3 times

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Yeah only roll if you are at basically 0 pity after rolling for seele or something

don't be rolling when you are at like 40~50 area. That's tempting fate

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Ghosthotel posted:

I have about 30 pulls of jade set up and am expecting to roll March all 3 times

Pre-grats.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

I did not rat out the Foxian Beauty Daiqing

I did :twisted:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Same. And I would do it again

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Live and let Foxian Beauties live.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

boredsatellite posted:

Yeah only roll if you are at basically 0 pity after rolling for seele or something

don't be rolling when you are at like 40~50 area. That's tempting fate
I'd draw the line around there too, yeah. It does depend on how little you care about the 5-star, though. If it's someone you kinda want but wouldn't prioritize, running into them early does mean you're getting a "discount".

But also, if you've lost your last 50-50 and have a guarantee in the chamber, I wouldn't go fishing for 4-stars under any circumstances. It means you're twice as likely to get hosed, and the guarantee has the same value as 30 or 60 or more pity on its own, depending on how you evaluate it.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

maybe i woulda let the foxian beauty guy live if he had the artisan's integrity to not obviously copy/paste all his scam texts

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

They were a coward for trying to return the 200000 I gave them and thus they receieved no mercy

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I think about "I'm only interested in foxian girls" daily

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I want Jing Yuan a little bit but I've got 3 other characters I want more coming up. Maybe I'll just do a few pulls though, at least just enough so I could buy out the 10 passes and the orange trace items from the shop next month (since I'm gonna skip Silver Wolf also)

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

kirbysuperstar posted:

I think about "I'm only interested in foxian girls" daily

Please, it's Foxian Beauties.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Ibblebibble posted:

Please, it's Foxian Beauties.

well clearly I need to think about it harder

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I'm not a cop, I didn't rat out the foxian beauty and if there was an option to rat out Serval's chainsaw car I wouldn't take it

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I let the Foxian Beauty go as long as she didn't take any more money.

I would never rat out my bestie Serval.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

People who scam people for cash are scum and deserve to get hosed over and I would trust them to stop scamming people about as far as I'd trust the Trailblazer to stop diving into trash cans.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Yeah but I the trailblazer will always be checking in because I want to talk to the Foxian Beauty. It's win-win.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Extremely basic question from someone who's played both Genshin and now this a bunch, but should I roll on the light cone event before it goes away?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Well, that's an event, that you can get

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/830130942290165771/1107997109904490506/remember11.mp4

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Black Griffon posted:

Extremely basic question from someone who's played both Genshin and now this a bunch, but should I roll on the light cone event before it goes away?
Nah. They're basically never worth it.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Black Griffon posted:

It's absolutely an extremely powerful light cone for hunt characters in general and Seele in particular - best in slot for every hunt character right now, in fact - but of course you need to evaluate if you want to spend a ton of resources chasing numbers or if you want to spend those resources on something else.

If you're 100% content with your current account and don't want or care about upcoming characters for the foreseeable future, I guess go for it? I probably wouldn't, since light cones don't even have cool weapon models or anything.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

Yeah that all sounds reasonable. I'd rather save my jade for characters/stuff I can actually look at.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm going to roll for Jing Yuan and if I lose the 50/50 I'm going to take that as fate and hold off till Silver Wolf.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

already have tingyun and rooster girl

holding for Luocha and Kafka

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Oh also I know this gets asked every ten pages or so, but I've had the Nameless Glory notification up for a while now and it's starting to bother me; which light cone do I pick?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Black Griffon posted:

Oh also I know this gets asked every ten pages or so, but I've had the Nameless Glory notification up for a while now and it's starting to bother me; which light cone do I pick?

it depends a lot on what characters you're using because the erudition one is good but its not like that matters if you arent using any erudition characters.