Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Do items still break constantly forcing you to "craft" because gently caress that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
I feel so left out of the loop. I never had a nintendo growing up so I never played any Zelda games. I've been told this new release is why the forums were a ghost town over the weekend. I suppose they will be again when the next Elder Scrolls game releases.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I wait until the community fixes the game for Bethesda before I go in deep.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Charles Bukowski posted:

I wait until the community fixes the game for Bethesda before I go in deep.

I, somehow, never got any major bugs with New Vegas playing it vanilla on launch all the way to Lonesome Road and that was supposedly the defining characteristic of the game in spite of the fact that Bethesda did the QA

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I find NV just likes to crash, but its worth it to play because its great. I haven't played a vanilla bethesda game in a bazillion years though, its amazing what modders have done over the years. That Morrowind in the Skyrim engine conversion looks very promising.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Charles Bukowski posted:

I find NV just likes to crash, but its worth it to play because its great. I haven't played a vanilla bethesda game in a bazillion years though, its amazing what modders have done over the years. That Morrowind in the Skyrim engine conversion looks very promising.

I've never really had any major crash problems with that game across 3 systems unless I'm trying to load like 40 mods lol, guess I'm lucky as a PC builder

Now Fallout 3, that was a game that loved crashing when new and then just not running at all on post-GFWL systems for a while there. I saw FO3 crash so many times on 360 and PC.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Charles Bukowski posted:

Promising is the operative word here. Have any of these 'older-game-to-newer-engine' type mods ever been completed?

I just googled Skyblivion and the creators say it will be available some time in 2025.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

I always wished I could take FISTO as a traveling companion and that he had a storyline

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I travel with Grandma.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Charles Bukowski posted:

I travel with Grandma.

I always like her and Danny Trejo for company. Boone and Veronica have the most fleshy stories.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I speedran through New Vegas mashing the spacebar to skip everything and not listening to any of the dialogue and only doing the main quest so I beat it in like 3 hours

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
New Vegas was the best game of it's generation but I still heard stupid kids say Fallout 3 was better. When I asked them why they said "You get a perk every level!"

Perks actually meant something in NV. You had to look at what was available and plan what sort of character you wanted. None of this +10 to whatever and whatever skill.

Don't wanna go on a long rant but NV had soul and character, like there was care involved in creating the world. F3 just seemed like "Whoa, look at this! Oblivion with guns!"

I'll admit that F3 blew me away when I first played it but it's 15 years old. Mothership Zeta gets a lot of flak but I wouldn't know - it was the single buggiest thing I ever played. I wouldn't have finished it if not for noclip console commands. It's been ages since I played it but I got the GOTY edition 12 years ago, every time I played it I avoided the area where you start that DLC like the plague.

I sometimes think I might want to play it again but then I remember the almost 2 hour long intro. Reminds me of being nostalgic about BG2 and then firing it up, spend hours trying to roll decent stats and another hour or 2 trudging through Chateau Irenicus.

Ummm. Uhh. Sorry about ramblig. I've drank almost a bottle of cheap brandy.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

MrQwerty posted:

I always wished I could take FISTO as a traveling companion and that he had a storyline

You know that area on the way to Cerulean Robotics, how it's almost empty? I heard there was supposed to be a lot of extra content there but it was cut. Dunno why, probably bethesda loving over obsidian. "How dare you little upstarts make a better game than us!"

Enough. Bill Cosby revelations ruined some of my childhood memories, Chris Avellone ruined memories of my 20's.

e: Oh jesus, I was wrong.
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/abuse-allegations-against-chris-avellone-settled

Valko fucked around with this message at 07:41 on May 16, 2023

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Valko posted:

I feel so left out of the loop. I never had a nintendo growing up so I never played any Zelda games. I've been told this new release is why the forums were a ghost town over the weekend. I suppose they will be again when the next Elder Scrolls game releases.

Elder scrolls?? Lmao

Bethesda games suck poo poo

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Peggy Edson posted:

Elder scrolls?? Lmao

Bethesda games suck poo poo

Back to your ol schtick I see

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Smugworth posted:

Back to your ol schtick I see

I call em as I see em, Slugworth

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
not having time for video games seems nice right now

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Luvcow posted:

I play like one video game a year, normally in sporadic bursts, and it's nice. It's like a little recreational dessert to add some fun but empty calories to life.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I thought it was pretty cool that they put Smugworth in the new Zelda game as the guy who’s really into putting up signposts.

Pretty sure signpost guy has hair.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Luvcow posted:

this.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

alywas nice to get a little game in (played the d4 beta this wekeend, myself), but other activities have the priority lately. and it's better this way imo

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

:morning:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Pretty sure signpost guy has hair.

:confused:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I have lots of hair

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

im bald af

if i let it grow i get a dope horseshoe though, i could grow a killer skullet if i wanted

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Smugworth posted:

I have lots of hair

if you could go like 5 posts without talking about binford tools i might be able to get your av back

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

if you could go like 5 posts without talking about binford tools i might be able to get your av back

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
that's a wig. it's surgically grafted on. smugworht was born without the top of his skull

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

kntfkr posted:

that's a wig. it's surgically grafted on. smugworht was born without the top of his skull

This is a vicious rumor that the mods will not tolerate. You are warned. :sweep:

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Smugworth posted:

This is a vicious rumor that the mods will not tolerate. You are warned. :sweep:

I heard Smugworth's brain will sometimes leak out of the seem where the wig is attached

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I can’t believe the documentary Joe Dirt was based on our very own Smugworth

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Saalkin posted:

I heard Smugworth's brain will sometimes leak out of the seem where the wig is attached

It's spelled seam dummy whose the dumb one now

itry
Aug 23, 2019

I see how much you love them brooms, Seth, so I thought... why not give him some more? You deserve some extra variety, I say.

Y'all can use them too if you want

Also, imgur seems to be making GBS threads its bed, lol

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

itry posted:

I see how much you love them brooms, Seth, so I thought... why not give him some more? You deserve some extra variety, I say.

Y'all can use them too if you want

Also, imgur seems to be making GBS threads its bed, lol

lol

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

:wiggle:

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

this is just like disneys fantasia

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019