Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Hellboy should be a supernatural type show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Dawgstar posted:

Even the stuff starring Perlman? I can get the Harbour movie.

Everybody loves Perlman and the effects but I think it's, like, fair to dislike the Guillermo movies for taking a pretty unconventional comic and forcing it into a much more typical superhero movie. It's just that the other adaptations don't even succeed at that level.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I have not liked any hellboy movie, but the del Toro one at least looked great

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I loved the second one. Just a great supernatural adventure story.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Golden Army definitely gets a lot weirder and GdT seems done fitting it into the mainstream mold there.

I understand that he kind of homogenized the first film. I get that. But I still think it’s a pretty good film judged for what it is rather than what it could be.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Mr Hootington posted:

Hellboy should be a supernatural type show

Once they figure out how to do that four hour makeup job in like half an hour it should be for sure.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

theironjef posted:

Once they figure out how to do that four hour makeup job in like half an hour it should be for sure.

The hellboy costume would be like a barney outfit

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

mycot posted:

Everybody loves Perlman and the effects but I think it's, like, fair to dislike the Guillermo movies for taking a pretty unconventional comic and forcing it into a much more typical superhero movie. It's just that the other adaptations don't even succeed at that level.

Oh, yeah. The first movie has stuff like that engaging scene on the roof where admittedly Hellboy is stalking Liz and talking to the kid eating cookies but you've also got like two climaxes in the movie? And maybe Mignola wasn't a fan of pairing Hellboy up with Liz which is fair.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

The GDT Hellboy movies are absolutely not perfect interpretations of the comics and a lot has been Hollywooded for them, but for the type of comic book movies being made at the time it makes sense and I feel like they managed to really capture the idea of Hellboy as a regular schlub.

The recent movie was a tonal mess and Harbor’s Hellboy felt like a kid who just learned how to swear, lacking any of the charm or relatability of Perlman’s. It’s worrisome because Mignola also gave his seal of approval to that film and look how that turned out.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Very out of left field casting.

WWE Superstar Seth Rollins has been cast in an unknown role in Captain America 4. No info on how big the role is or what the role is, but he has reportedly pre-taped his WWE performances for the next month.

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1658503383001563136

Set photos look like he and a female actor are wearing some kind of matching green suit.

https://twitter.com/Christo45951886/status/1658273819721863169

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Green and yellow? Modern Hydra?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Very out of left field casting.

WWE Superstar Seth Rollins has been cast in an unknown role in Captain America 4. No info on how big the role is or what the role is, but he has reportedly pre-taped his WWE performances for the next month.

Set photos look like he and a female actor are wearing some kind of matching green suit.

https://twitter.com/Christo45951886/status/1658273819721863169

That's definitely the Fenris Twins.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Please refer to Seth "Freakin" Rollins by his full name, tia

Rumors I've seen are Serpent Society

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

The left photo in the tweet shows that they have redesigned the Captain America suit from Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

They removed almost all of the white and turned it into gold and blue. They also redesigned the top of the chest.

Codependent Poster posted:

That's definitely the Fenris Twins.

I hadn't even thought of that. I don't know if it is "definitely" them, but I can definitely see it.

They have kind of a wild backstory that would be interesting to adapt.

The MCU kind of unceremoniously killed off Von Strucker and hasn't mentioned him for over a decade.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The left photo in the tweet shows that they have redesigned the Captain America suit from Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

They removed almost all of the white and turned it into gold and blue. They also redesigned the top of the chest.

The white part on his neck did not look good in the TV show so hopefully this is a better suit.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

If it's Fenris, I am going to see this in DBOX so I can finally feel the biokinetic fury of Fenris

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Losing the white is kind of a bummer because it made that suit design really pop, but I kinda dig the gold and definitely dig the lack of head sock.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
The GDT Hellboy Movies were a lot like Last Jedi for me; I get what was done and why, and they're not capital B bad, but at the same time I want my swashbuckling space opera/hard-bitten blue collar horror adventureman story and this thoughtful treatise on the franchise/blockbuster popcorn movie aren't giving me what I want

there's an argument that could be made that Army of Darkness is more of a Hellboy movie than any of the Hellboy movies

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
https://twitter.com/THR/status/1658525218795552785

Could just be the oversaturated superhero world we live in now but Brosnahan getting openly asked about this seems telling/rough if she doesn't get it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

She was on a Quibi series where she got a gold arm and has also gotten an Emmy. Her career is a land of contrasts

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

She was on a Quibi series where she got a gold arm and has also gotten an Emmy. Her career is a land of contrasts

She's also doing a play on Broadway with Oscar Isaac.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Losing the white is kind of a bummer because it made that suit design really pop, but I kinda dig the gold and definitely dig the lack of head sock.

The head sock looked terrible so this is definitely an improvement

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

live with fruit posted:

Could just be the oversaturated superhero world we live in now but Brosnahan getting openly asked about this seems telling/rough if she doesn't get it.

loving hell, seeing the daughter of Sally off Corrie on that list of contenders makes me feel a thousand years old.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The Cap design could definitely use some white highlights or something even if, yes, the white headsock looked terrible.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

live with fruit posted:

Lol they saying she aged out at like 35

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Arist posted:

The Cap design could definitely use some white highlights or something even if, yes, the white headsock looked terrible.

The colour I don't mind but the fit was not good. There were bad-looking gaps.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Lobok posted:

The colour I don't mind but the fit was not good. There were bad-looking gaps.

To be fair, it was made as a gift and Bucky probably just guessed.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah. No dude knows his bros suit size. Bucky probably just waved his arms at different lengths when the Wakandans asked.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah. No dude knows his bros suit size. Bucky probably just waved his arms at different lengths when the Wakandans asked.

Bucky knows Sam's measurements. As adamant as I am about Bucky and Steve being a close platonic friendship, I am as adamant about Bucky and Sam being boyfriends.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

gently caress yeah, that rules

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Soonmot posted:

Bucky knows Sam's measurements. As adamant as I am about Bucky and Steve being a close platonic friendship, I am as adamant about Bucky and Sam being boyfriends.

Even if they were madly in love, I still don't see Bucky knowing Sam's measurements.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Anyone trying to not spoil themselves on The Flash I saw a pretty big spoiler just randomly browsing Wikipedia. Be careful out there.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

No info on what the role is. Also, not sure if this was officially announced before or not, but Deadline says Venom 3 is the last planned Venom movie. Although, "planned" could be doing a lot of heavy lifting if 3 somehow becomes a money printer.

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1658586791006314496

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Soonmot posted:

It's Wakandan super tech, the outfit probably sized itself to him automatically while making a little "vzzzz" sort of noise.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

They can't sell new toys if they don't tweak the costumes every time

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Boooo bring back the headsock. :doom: bOOOOOO

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Soonmot posted:

I was so mad at FATWS for queer baiting as badly as it did.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
At what point did Disney+ Marvel Studios Production The Falcon and the Winter Soldier give y'all any indication whatsoever that Sam Wilson and James Buchanan Barnes had any sexual interest in each other at all

BrianWilly fucked around with this message at 13:52 on May 17, 2023

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Did you miss that hand job scene? Felt a little extra after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Going to watch a Shield triple feature of Captain America: New World Order, Hobbs & Shaw, and 12 Rounds 3: Lockdown.