Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Tall Penguin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Blasphemous Saga Fantasy

Queen Clarine put a curse on her entire family line just to teach her daughter a lesson. An entirely benign curse, but a curse nonetheless. It is the angriest a mother can be, to do this.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Last time on Joey's Special Experience by Hirohiko Archie: Wumuu tosses King aside like a rag doll! Joseph Joseph Joseph clears his throat and says they've had the rest, now try the best! He debuts his new trick: clacker balls!

Read right to left:

Chapter 67 - The Best Character of The First Season, III: END
Volume 7 - Red Stone or Something: END

e: side note: it got lost in translation but the whole reason Joseph Joseph Joseph has clacker balls here is because he was really impressed by King's bubbles and decided that he needed to get some cool gimmick too

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
i can no longer see anything on imgur, both phone and computer. vpn on and off, phone data and wifi tried

my favorite thread hidden from me

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

imgur's still working for me (glad I decided to switch to a different site though, at least you guys being left out dry can read my post)

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Previously on Tales of the Beanworld, we saw the first time Mr. Spook's fork skewered a sprout-butt.

Technological advancements for the beans!

There is more to this issue, if you were wondering why this story seemed short.

KennyMan666 has a new favorite as of 18:42 on May 16, 2023

youknowthatoneguy
Mar 27, 2004
Mmm, boooofies!

youknowthatoneguy posted:

The COST of the Dollar Menu

Dana is a self-enabler and it is important to be self reliant.

Believe it or NAZI

Nazis get offended when you mock Germans and play the Heidi Klum card pretty early.

The Killing YOLK

that is the easiest word search ever

Lucy in the Sky with GENOCIDE

Today is Save The World With Your Sister day, pass it on.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

World Famous W posted:

i can no longer see anything on imgur, both phone and computer. vpn on and off, phone data and wifi tried

Man this sucks. It's been working fine for me but if this is happening to anyone at all imgur just isn't tenable anymore. I'll keep using it until I find one to switch over to, or imgur stops being lovely with throttling, whichever comes first

E: I might go with postimages.com. they even have a desktop app for windows

Son of Thunderbeast has a new favorite as of 19:33 on May 16, 2023

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Spacetrawler

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Chako

Chako Kindness Initiative: An A for effort?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I was expecting him to fall apart as soon as he got in the water, so this is positively saintly for her. Poor orange though, he didn't deserve Chako's scary face

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I think that's the first reference to Cha Cha in the main comic too.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Dolmistaska

End of Book 3

And also the end of Dolmistaska in the thread (for now). As it stands right now, we're 9 pages into Book 4 (19 pages into it counting the stuff posted early to patreon), so I'll get back to posting the comic once Book 4 finishes, which given the update rate (a reliable page a week) should be a year from now.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzeITWHGtZQ

Wikipedia posted:

In North America [the Ole, Ole, Ole chant] first became synonymous with the Montreal Canadiens and it has been chanted by Canadian fans for a few decades. Fans of the Montreal Canadiens could be heard singing this chant after winning the North Division and obtaining the Campbell Bowl on June 24, 2021, also Saint-Jean-Baptiste Day, a provincial holiday. This is the first time that the Montreal Canadiens have been to the Stanley Cup Finals since 1993.

so loving Quebecois

Thank you for posting it, Digamma. I kind of brushed it off when you started (too many comics to read!) and now I regret that because it's really good. Can't wait for book 4.

skeleton warrior has a new favorite as of 22:43 on May 16, 2023

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

World Famous W posted:

What! That's terrible! Is there any other hosting service thingy we can use instead? There has to be a turbo nerd subforum somewhere on SA that can fix this, right? They live for that sort of challenge.

In the meantime, we'll compensate by describing the comics to you. Page 1 panel 1, Jojo is doing like a cheesy stage magician pose. He's wearing various garments that don't have names and his hair looks incredible, but his eyes are sort of wonky. Anyway he's swinging a pair of yoyos around and saying, "i call it the happy volleyball." Uhh, this is going to get tricky.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Anyway, the next of (???) tournament arc comics. This fight is
MR VS MR
Bridge Ornament vs Boop. Both characters are insanely devoted to the women in their lives. One has armour plating and laser vsion; the other has a blog. Who will be victorious??

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I think the obvious call would be Chako gets disqualified for illegal eating, Wakako wins by default, both of them are cool with this because getting a nice meal is the thing they cared about.

Good good, I'm taking more notes

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

lmfao it's funny cause it's true

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Sleepless Domain

Tree Bucket posted:

MR VS MR
Bridge Ornament vs Boop. Both characters are insanely devoted to the women in their lives. One has armour plating and laser vsion; the other has a blog. Who will be victorious??

Perfection

rollick
Mar 20, 2009
I feel weirdly affected by the bread who wants to be a melon. Like, genuine sadness and embarrassment for a fictional food in a Japanese fantasy land..

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Hempuli posted:

Fingerpori

I'm not sure if the joke comes across in English, but I think so? You used to need a TV licence to watch TV here for taxation purposes, and I guess the term "TV licence" could also refer to a broadcasting license.

The term “license” can also refer to
a
: freedom that allows or is used with irresponsibility
b
: disregard for standards of personal conduct : LICENTIOUSNESS

while licentious means
: disregarding legal restraints especially with regard to sexual relations. So yeah, the doctor might have a licentious channel ( one with a lot of license). Languages are tough.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
A peek behind the curtain!

https://twitter.com/JojoGTranslated/status/1658586970334068736

https://twitter.com/JojoGTranslated/status/1658586975576932352

https://twitter.com/JojoGTranslated/status/1658587373339541504

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

rollick posted:

I feel weirdly affected by the bread who wants to be a melon. Like, genuine sadness and embarrassment for a fictional food in a Japanese fantasy land..

At least he's not getting taken in by suspicious diploma mill style organisations. Poor ham katsu.

Tree Bucket posted:

MR VS MR

Sickos.jpg

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

Dolmistaska

End of Book 3

And also the end of Dolmistaska in the thread (for now). As it stands right now, we're 9 pages into Book 4 (19 pages into it counting the stuff posted early to patreon), so I'll get back to posting the comic once Book 4 finishes, which given the update rate (a reliable page a week) should be a year from now.

Looking forward to more of this.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...

Tree Bucket posted:

MR VS MR

*chef's kiss*

rollick posted:

Do not feel bad for Mr. Melon Bread Melon! He is very happy being the best melon (king of fruits!) he can be, and is only occasionally violent.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Tree Bucket posted:

MR VS MR

Good good, I'm taking more notes

Pretty sure Mr Boop wouldn’t care if she was single before asking her for a threesome with him and his wife, Betty Boop.

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!
Previously on Manly Guys Doing Manly Things, they're undead AND adorable

This time what's the point of a Pokemon that you have to keep in the ball?
10/27/2014 - These things are like Ikea furniture, I can never get them back in the package

quote:

Hope alls y’all picked up your shiny Gamestop Gegars, if not there’s still a chance to get a Diancie!

11/03/2014 - People Kept bugging me for a Bayonetta comic

quote:

Hopefully this is one no one will pick a fight over.

11/10/2014 - Brett asked for Bearded Commander in November

quote:

I think I’ve had at least a dozen people point out how totally Jared Fred is to me recently, even some of my friends were just calling him “The Jared guy”.

No colour yet because I still have ambitions of cleaning the birdcage and going to the gym. But hey, while you’re here, five new pages of Platinum Black!

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Brawl in the Family

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

I love the thought bubble getting disintegrated

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

LAST TIME ON CLOWN CORPS

alt: to get that callback you'd have to go back to the original macaroni salad joke, which was a callback to an earlier joke about the PSC cafeteria. this comic sucks

alt: Pop, Bip, Splat, Crash, Cicero

alt: that sound must be terrible

alt: the satellite dish fell off the roof and killed exactly zero people probably

this is ultimate McBell. the manic expression is absolutely stunning. i don't think her goading comment implies that she has a plan in that exact moment, but rather that she can't wait to see what she will come up with on the fly. the kind of reckless wild animal instinct that pumps adrenaline into her veins propelling her to greatness and allowing her to punch above her weight class. the kind of giddiness that you expect from a fighting shounen main character like goku, staring down a new threat. anticipating the uncertain battle ahead. gently caress just LOOK into her eyes.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

she wishes to kill

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I love the thought bubble getting disintegrated

Hey, that's a nice touch, hadn't noticed that.

Hogback Saga

https://postimg.cc/gallery/S9pmFMK

Well, that could have gone better.

Shinozaki's Daily Maintenance

https://postimg.cc/gallery/V5MZg21

Maaagic. You know, Shinozaki's generally kind of guileless so I was a little surprised at how well he avoided getting rumbled not once but twice in hardly any time at all. Then I remembered, this is the guy who managed to keep his detachable head a secret for maybe half his life (15 yearish?) despite the fact the drat thing falls off at the slightest provocation.

Anyway, I posted these using Postimages. It does seem to load faster, but I think that might be because it's gone and resized my images even though I unchecked that option. It also doesn't let me pick pictures out of an album for batch linking, which is annoying. And actually the batch link option comes with a url tag wrapped around the img? I'm not sure how that interacts with the timg tag, but I don't like it.

Emzedoh has a new favorite as of 11:19 on May 17, 2023

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est

Tree Bucket posted:

In honour of the KSBD tournament arc, here is the first of... probably two or three... PYF comic character fights!

Kill Six Billion vs Demon?

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
I was very skeptical of Wakako-Zake at first- it gave me vibes of that very Japanese tendency to obsess over the one Objectively Correct way to do something (even something as varied and subjective as food), but I've come to enjoy it.
I do think the 'pshuuuuu' is kinda played out at this point though

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Grumio posted:

Kill Six Billion vs Demon?

I mean it's no contest, demon dude gets obliterated down to the soul level by magic punches.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Emzedoh posted:

Anyway, I posted these using Postimages. It does seem to load faster, but I think that might be because it's gone and resized my images even though I unchecked that option. It also doesn't let me pick pictures out of an album for batch linking, which is annoying. And actually the batch link option comes with a url tag wrapped around the img? I'm not sure how that interacts with the timg tag, but I don't like it.

After uploading, you gotta click to zoom in, twice, before it serves up the full-sized version of most images.

The Adventures of Dr. McNinja - Issue #2: "So what IS a McNinja?"

...accidentally ended up with only two images to finish out this chapter. Oh well! Next time: There is a Raptor in My Office

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tunicate posted:

MS Paint Masterpieces
#545: Greatest Killer - Megaladdin

#546: Greatest Killer - Reckless Fool

#547: Greatest Killer - Atomic FIYAAAH

One thing Ferret insists on is actually using MS Paint, which is why the comic uses extensive dithering instead of true transparency.

MS Paint Masterpieces
#548: Greatest Killer - Number One Robot

#549: Greatest Killer - Not Bad Enough

#550: Greatest Killer - The Netherworld

This sort of seals rock as being the stage boss in this arc. The little M logo is a nice touch.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Grumio posted:

I was very skeptical of Wakako-Zake at first- it gave me vibes of that very Japanese tendency to obsess over the one Objectively Correct way to do something (even something as varied and subjective as food), but I've come to enjoy it.
I do think the 'pshuuuuu' is kinda played out at this point though

Yeah, I can see that worry starting out. I'm not sure if this was the plan all along, but it's really turned into more of a love letter to every delicious meal (and drink) that the author's had. If every chapter had an aspect of insider sneer that say, the Glasses centric chapters of Uramachi Sakeba are poking fun at, I don't think I'd enjoy Wakako-Zake nearly as much.

Pshuu is a catchphrase, it can't be helped.

Ditocoaf posted:

After uploading, you gotta click to zoom in, twice, before it serves up the full-sized version of most images.

Dammit, that completely mangles my current system. Is imgur still broken for people? I felt like I had only just started to get a handle on its more efficient features, minus a few, er, learning experiences.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

World Famous W posted:

My VPN allows me to switch between different proxies in different countries, try that until one works. Mine changes daily, it's a drag but at least I get to read the comics thread for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Mzbundifund posted:

Pretty sure Mr Boop wouldn’t care if she was single before asking her for a threesome with him and his wife, Betty Boop.

Dangit! That's an error, for sure.

rollick posted:

It's mad, isn't it. I can't believe I'm so invested in the struggles of clowns and bread.