Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Frank Frank posted:

I think I have two(?) voidstones from Exarch and Eater of Worlds. I should probably read up on how to get the rest. I know the Maven has one but that’s rough (though I haven’t tried in a while). Thanks for the explanation.

You can probably beat "Uber Elder" (it's not what people are talking about when they talk about ubers). Do the Shaper/Elder guardian maps to get the fragments for those boss fights, which drop fragments for another boss fight where you fight both at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Ok I’ll give it a whirl

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
Uber Elder is the greatest boss and boss progression they ever put together. Fight elder at least twice, fight shaper at least twice, then fight shaper and elder together. i mean its just such a nice progression where you get to learn mechanics (the mechanics are all very good!) and then it overwhelms you by making you do multiple mechanics at once - but you do know how to do it, because you already did them separately. hoping we get some more fight progressions like this once we're all in POE2 and don't have to deal with the B team designs anymore

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Jinnigan posted:

hoping we get some more fight progressions like this once we're all in POE2 and don't have to deal with the B team designs anymore

Maybe this will include completely nuking Black Star and Infinite Hunger from the game :pray:

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

fight black star and infinite hunger at the same time

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Jinnigan posted:

Uber Elder is the greatest boss and boss progression they ever put together. Fight elder at least twice, fight shaper at least twice, then fight shaper and elder together. i mean its just such a nice progression where you get to learn mechanics (the mechanics are all very good!) and then it overwhelms you by making you do multiple mechanics at once - but you do know how to do it, because you already did them separately. hoping we get some more fight progressions like this once we're all in POE2 and don't have to deal with the B team designs anymore

getting my first solo uber elder kill last league was a great feeling of accomplishment, same as taking on hard raid bosses in wow used to be. it's really well put together.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
After a lot of alt spam rolling this league I thought of something I want that Chris would never, ever allow.

Auto crafting option.

Stick your item in the slot and go down a menu of every mod available to be rolled, with weight or % chance shown to roll and higher ilvl options greyed out if the base is too low, select if you want the item to stop rolling when it hits certain mods you choose or any T1 mod and select what currency and how many times you will let it roll while trying to hit your selected mods, you hit the button and it starts rolling with your currency every few seconds and you can go do something else while it happens and check back on it later.

When it's done it'll tell you how many rolls it took to hit the mod.

No having to look up out of game websites telling you what mods are available on a item to roll and % chance to actually hit and Youtubers would spend months making guides telling people the best item to stick in the auto crafter for maximum profit to sell while they do other stuff.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

whypick1 posted:

Me not going 40/40 on Kalandra is proof I don't have Stockholm Syndrome. :colbert:

Anyone here check out the latest D4 beta? It sure seems like anyone who's played any other non-Diablo ARPG was not having a ton of fun with it, but it could just be the stuff I'm reading mostly being from PoE creators.

d4 beta was fun. but its only act 1 so anyone acting like it says anything deeper about the entire game and its end game either way is very stupid

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

whypick1 posted:

Unfortunately Ancestral Call doesn't really support minions, otherwise that could be a decent minion stick to go with a Squire (although that would still be usable for you for something like Dominating Blow). Yeah, kinda an odd weapon to evaluate.

I can quit anytime I want to...and I'm not just saying that because I'll be moving cross country soon and will have to stop playing because I'll be driving/my computer will be in a moving truck.

Like I said, can't look at your stash, but here's a not-so-tl;dr on cluster jewels, with the caveat that this poo poo might not apply to you at all as a console player.

Larges add 8-12 passives with 2 jewel sockets and up to 3 notables, Mediums 4-6 passives with 1 socket and up to 2 notables, Smalls 2-3 passives with up to 1 notable. Larges with 9+ passives and Mediums with 6 passives can be insta-vendored because they require more than the minimal amount of passive points to reach all of the notable(s) and the jewel socket(s) the jewel could roll (while a 5 passive Medium is not the smallest Medium, you can still reach both notables and the jewel socket in 4 points). The one exception to this that is consistently worth something is if it's a 12 passive Large Minion Damage with an ilvl of >=84; what people will do with those is try to get "Added Small Passive Skills have 35% increased Effect" with possibly no notables so they have a nice fat wheel of 16% increased Minion Damage nodes to allocate, because there's not a ton of ways to scale minion damage on the passive tree.

Small jewels are a case-by-case basis. Most are probably crap, but I did sell a 3 passive ilvl 84+ Mana Reservation Efficiency jewel for a pretty penny (currently trading for ~6div), and that was just a normal rarity jewel (thank you Tujen). That one is valuable for aura stackers, because they can again roll for the increased effect mod along with a notable that reduces the reservation for one of the auras they're using. Every little bit of reservation efficiency matters for aura stackers.

The next broad way to filter out cluster jewels is by ilvl. Already mentioned ilvl 84 being important for that increased effect mod (as well as T1 for all the other "also grant" mods), but if the notables are more important then there are breakpoints at ilvl 50, 68 and 75. It might be hard to sell anything lower than ilvl 75, but that's certainly not a hard and fast rule (I just looked and all the notables on the 3 clusters I'm using are either lvl 1 or 50, go figure).

Honestly, pricing out cluster jewels is a combination of knowing what's meta, intuition and having a price checker because there's just so drat many combos possible. Unfortunately none of those apply to you as a new console player (are you sure you can't play this on PC?).

imo the big notable for the mana res small clusters in introspection which gives increased aura effect. you get enough raw efficiency already and effect is damage and tank

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

After a lot of alt spam rolling this league I thought of something I want that Chris would never, ever allow.

Auto crafting option.

Stick your item in the slot and go down a menu of every mod available to be rolled, with weight or % chance shown to roll and higher ilvl options greyed out if the base is too low, select if you want the item to stop rolling when it hits certain mods you choose or any T1 mod and select what currency and how many times you will let it roll while trying to hit your selected mods, you hit the button and it starts rolling with your currency every few seconds and you can go do something else while it happens and check back on it later.

When it's done it'll tell you how many rolls it took to hit the mod.

No having to look up out of game websites telling you what mods are available on a item to roll and % chance to actually hit and Youtubers would spend months making guides telling people the best item to stick in the auto crafter for maximum profit to sell while they do other stuff.

Hard to explain why I hate this but it's like how people go on gambling websites and just drop a bunch of money at once to simulate 10,000 roulette spins at once. You're supposed to watch the little ball go around!!

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

goferchan posted:

Hard to explain why I hate this but it's like how people go on gambling websites and just drop a bunch of money at once to simulate 10,000 roulette spins at once. You're supposed to watch the little ball go around!!

Its hosed up but you're right

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Also part of the value of an Aegis Aurora with a sick crucible tree comes from the psychological and spiritual sacrifice performed by someone Orb of Chancing a champion kite shield 30,000 times

edit: Speaking of Crucible what's with the "items combined are corrupted" geode? If I understand correctly it's basically meant as a way to somewhat-safely corrupt items as you'll never get the "demoted to a rare" outcome?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Well the Elder is dead although he had one attack in his final phase that was killing me instantly somehow. Not sure what it was (wasn’t the big cyclone where you have to stand in the middle).

He dropped this which seems like it has a ton of modifiers but doesn’t appear to be of much use to me:

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Frank Frank posted:

Well the Elder is dead although he had one attack in his final phase that was killing me instantly somehow. Not sure what it was (wasn’t the big cyclone where you have to stand in the middle).

He dropped this which seems like it has a ton of modifiers but doesn’t appear to be of much use to me:

That "phys taken as" mod is decently valuable (ion PC at least), but yeah it's not for every build. Watcher's Eyes have a pool of hundreds of modifiers that they can roll (aside from the max life/ES/mana which are always there) and are a big slot machine when you identify them. You can sell them unidentified for more than like 90% of rolls because people like to roll the dice on identifying them.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Frank Frank posted:

Well the Elder is dead although he had one attack in his final phase that was killing me instantly somehow. Not sure what it was

To Zana, exile! quickly!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Frank Frank may not know who Zana is :ohdear:

(Before Kirac, Zana was the NPC who would show up in maps and do all the things Kirac does.)

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

External Organs posted:

Frank Frank may not know who Zana is :ohdear:

(Before Kirac, Zana was the NPC who would show up in maps and do all the things Kirac does.)

Do players that have started playing the game after Zana leaves even get Zana as a hideout character?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

EVIL Gibson posted:

Do players that have started playing the game after Zana leaves even get Zana as a hideout character?

Nope.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

That's why Zana and Navali will always have a place in my hideout.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
I turned the old crafting benches into a little horse or dog or something. I do kinda miss saying hello to Haku as I run past him in act 1.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

To Zana, exile! quickly!

No the red orb wasn’t it either. I survived that one.

EVIL Gibson posted:

No. I had no idea who she was and she launched into some diatribe about finding some way to permanently kill the elder while I sat there going, “wait hold up, who the gently caress are you and why should I care about any of this?”

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The game just kills you sometimes

JunkDeluxe
Oct 21, 2008
I’m too cheap to pay 15+ Div for my Skin of the Lords with the right sockets and mods.

Bought 20 Chayula stones for 5 divines and decided to run them all and find my own. Could use the XP as well.

20 runs = 2 Blessings, 1 Skin which bricked with a blood magic. Got 2 levels though… I want to run more, because no way I’m paying the 15 divs.

This game is the gambler's fallacy materialized :saddowns:

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians

JunkDeluxe posted:

I’m too cheap to pay 15+ Div for my Skin of the Lords with the right sockets and mods.

Bought 20 Chayula stones for 5 divines and decided to run them all and find my own. Could use the XP as well.

20 runs = 2 Blessings, 1 Skin which bricked with a blood magic. Got 2 levels though… I want to run more, because no way I’m paying the 15 divs.

This game is the gambler's fallacy materialized :saddowns:

So for this you basically get a Skin of the Loyal for each success, it either has the sockets you need or doesn't, and then you're rolling the dice again on the upgrade that you get a mod you want? I still need to get a better Skin at some point for min-maxing, but definitely making me want to just farm the cash for it now...

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
A proper skin would be nice for the keystone but idk if it's worth the price... Then again, EB or lethe shade would rule for my occultist

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

whypick1 posted:

That's why Zana and Navali will always have a place in my hideout.

Question regarding this: if I switch to a new hideout, will their ghosts stay? I've been in the mood to try out a different tileset but I don't want to lose my truest friends.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Yes. So long as you had them as hideout NPCs at one point they will remain in your hideout decoration inventory.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Some reddit person made a page that has a crap load of poe tools and websites on it.

https://grinding.zone/

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Bugsy posted:

Some reddit person made a page that has a crap load of poe tools and websites on it.

https://grinding.zone/

Pretty risky url for anyone that's not a PoE player.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

External Organs posted:

Pretty risky url for anyone that's not a PoE player.

It wasn't what I was looking for when I first found the website, but I wouldn't have ever known about POE otherwise.

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

Oh that URL is just frot with innuendo

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

Frank Frank posted:

No the red orb wasn’t it either. I survived that one.

No. I had no idea who she was and she launched into some diatribe about finding some way to permanently kill the elder while I sat there going, “wait hold up, who the gently caress are you and why should I care about any of this?”

zana, shaper, elder is the old endgame. then they put in sirus, awakener of worlds. now it's exarch, eater, and maven. they kept the old bosses in though, because theyre fun fights and it's a good place to keep their loot.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I don’t know where to find the maps that lead to the shaper bosses. I somehow had one of each of the elder boss maps but I’ve been running high +rarity t16 maps with map scarabs and haven’t had one drop

Also just a note to myself:
-Look up what all the shrines do?
-What does consecrated ground do?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

the wiki posted:

[Shaper Guardian maps] Can be obtained randomly from killing a T14+ Final Map Boss, or from generic map rewards. Allocating Remnants of the Past will increase its drop rate.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
Switchblade Switcharoo

Frank Frank posted:

I don’t know where to find the maps that lead to the shaper bosses. I somehow had one of each of the elder boss maps but I’ve been running high +rarity t16 maps with map scarabs and haven’t had one drop

The maps are called

quote:

Lair of the Hydra Map
Pit of the Chimera Map
Forge of the Phoenix Map
Maze of the Minotaur Map

Then you get the fragment of the type from the map like Fragment of the Hydra from the Hydra map.

Kirac sometimes show them, but they are going to be T16 so keep doing T16 maps. The atlas passive "Remnants of the Past" will help these maps drop. (okay 14+ but with enough void stones you should be doing all 16s)

Singular focus can interfere with the drop so turn that off of trying to get the map.

After you get all four frags assemble them into a circle and open shapers realm. The first part of the map is a cross and you run down each of the paths to kill whatever is at the end. Then keep the red head alive when she teleports so she can open monster portals and stay inside her red bubble whenever you see it up to protect you.

Shaper will keep trying to Goku instant-transmisson+Kamehameha you in the back and he can then do a teleport then slam

Regular Shaper fight is easy compared to Exarch /Maven/Nurgle dude so you might beat it without realizing you did.

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 22:48 on May 16, 2023

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Oh I’ve killed 2 of those guys already. Hydra and Minotaur. I thought the shaper maps were the Hunter etc. At least there’s less grinding to do. I really want to get that 3rd voidstone so I can bump crimson temple to 16.

Other than that just grinding towards the last few items I need (enlighten gem, cluster gems etc).

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Hunter (poison guy), Redeemer (bird lady), Crusader (holy guy) and Warlord (punchy guy) are Sirus maps.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
They're referred to as Elderslayers in-game, but people will also call them Conqueror after the expansion they came out in IIRC.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Frank Frank posted:

Consecrated ground gives 5% life regen and 50% reduced effect of curses.

Shrines give a bunch of stuff depending on the shrine: https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Shrine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Frank Frank posted:

Oh I’ve killed 2 of those guys already. Hydra and Minotaur. I thought the shaper maps were the Hunter etc. At least there’s less grinding to do. I really want to get that 3rd voidstone so I can bump crimson temple to 16.

Other than that just grinding towards the last few items I need (enlighten gem, cluster gems etc).

:thesperg: It's faster/less mind destroying to buy the fragments/maps you don't have. Or check your scouting reports and look for "Influenced Scouting Report" which will "Reroll all of Kirac's Atlas Missions, including at least one Shaper Guardian, Elder Guardian, or Elderslayer Map."