Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Not sure if this has shown up here before but I just read Josou shite Off-Kai ni Sanka shite mita or "I Cross-Dressed for an IRL Meetup". Very simple premise; internet friends meet for the first time to enjoy sweets at a bakery and it turns out they all have some gender stuff; the two leads are cross-dressers, one is a femboy, and another is a trans woman. Something about this just hits the right vibe with me, and I think it's how even though it's lighthearted, the way the characters present or identify is unquestioned and taken fully seriously. Any comedy comes from basically juggling life stuff, like how the two leads aren't exactly public about what they do.

Also I 100% know women who've said this about themselves:

The manga is a bit broken up due to serialization. It's weird. If you read the pre-serialization version here, from when it was still on Pixiv, you should be fine to read the serialized version where it was picked up by Kodansha here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I Am Fowl posted:

Not sure if this has shown up here before but I just read Josou shite Off-Kai ni Sanka shite mita or "I Cross-Dressed for an IRL Meetup". Very simple premise; internet friends meet for the first time to enjoy sweets at a bakery and it turns out they all have some gender stuff; the two leads are cross-dressers, one is a femboy, and another is a trans woman. Something about this just hits the right vibe with me, and I think it's how even though it's lighthearted, the way the characters present or identify is unquestioned and taken fully seriously. Any comedy comes from basically juggling life stuff, like how the two leads aren't exactly public about what they do.

Also I 100% know women who've said this about themselves:

The manga is a bit broken up due to serialization. It's weird. If you read the pre-serialization version here, from when it was still on Pixiv, you should be fine to read the serialized version where it was picked up by Kodansha here.
I've finished the pre-serialization and added the serialized version on baka-updates, because wow this is cute and powerful.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Something new today, For Some Reason Suddenly I Wanted to Kiss the Coworker Who Sits Next to Me
The sequel to I Don't Know Why, but I Suddenly Wanted to Have Sex with My Coworker Who Sits Next to Me

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Wow! Another manga about an OL who is competent at her job but sloppy at home and needs someone to take care of basic tasks for her. We truly live in blessed times.

Also two more broom yuri chapters. Hooray for broom yuri!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

drat I wish someone would do basic tasks at home for me

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
That seems like taking the first step after the second one, but more power to them, I guess.

Sakurazuka posted:

drat I wish someone would do basic tasks at home for me
Very :same:

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Hey folks! Pride is in a month which means I need to start ordering books now for my store’s manga Pride endcap. We have plenty of l and g titles, so I’d like to make sure we have a selection of btia+ titles to display as well. I have a small list already, but are there any books that I’m missing?

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
I'd suggest Umi ga Hashiru End Roll for ace rep, but I'm not sure if it has an English translation, and it's relatively early in the story so the (apparent) ace identity of one of the protagonists hasn't been explored much yet.

Similarly, I'd suggest Skip and Loafer for trans rep, but it's a secondary character (albeit a prominent one), and I'd imagine customers would be looking for protagonists.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

SexyBlindfold posted:

I'd suggest Umi ga Hashiru End Roll for ace rep, but I'm not sure if it has an English translation, and it's relatively early in the story so the (apparent) ace identity of one of the protagonists hasn't been explored much yet.

Similarly, I'd suggest Skip and Loafer for trans rep, but it's a secondary character (albeit a prominent one), and I'd imagine customers would be looking for protagonists.

Yeah Skip and Loafer is great, but isn’t exactly the best fit for and endcap for that reason. Also, it’s weirdly difficult to order for the store. Seven Seas never prints enough of the first volume

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
You should have Our Dreams At Dusk in the G section then, if you don't already.

Add Love Me for Who I Am for NB protagonist

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

ZiegeDame posted:

You should have Our Dreams At Dusk in the G section then, if you don't already.

Add Love Me for Who I Am for NB protagonist

I do, for the former, and I forgot about the latter! Thanks!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

thetoughestbean posted:

Hey folks! Pride is in a month which means I need to start ordering books now for my store’s manga Pride endcap. We have plenty of l and g titles, so I’d like to make sure we have a selection of btia+ titles to display as well. I have a small list already, but are there any books that I’m missing?

Love Me for Who I Am is a good one for non-binary and other.

Given is a good Gay Manga

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

she just like me fr

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

For Some Reason Suddenly I Wanted To Flirt With My Coworker Who Sits Next To Me got uploaded (again?), so it should be completed.

Also, there's a new series called Ayaka Is In Love With Hiroko.

EDIT: There's also a oneshot about someone going to a love hotel with her childhood friend.

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 20:17 on May 2, 2023

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i love mitsuki koga and aya oosawa and i would die for them both

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

happiness rides a broomstick updated again

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
anyone watching this birdie wing show? extremely homosexual

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Oh yeah it's gloriously gay. Though if it doesn't end with Eve and Aoi making out, it's time for a riot.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i like when eve flirts with women to get what she wants, to the extent her cabby thinks she is going to get stab one day

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Snooze Cruise posted:

i like when eve flirts with women to get what she wants, to the extent her cabby thinks she is going to get stab one day

Yeah, I love that this is just apparently what she does when she ends up in a new city. Don't know your way around? Just lean up on some girls and put on the flirt so hard that they question their sexuality.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Hey does otherside picnic count for this thread

I love the two gay dorks at least

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022
Why would it not? Even if you're talking about the novel there's a manga and an anime

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

chrome line posted:

Why would it not? Even if you're talking about the novel there's a manga and an anime

Wasn't sure if it was *gay enough *

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Everything is gay enough if you believe

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind
I mean it's explicitly a sci-fi romance between women, the bar of "gay enough" would be kind of weirdly high if it didn't qualify

it's also pretty good. I've cooled on it a lot as time passed but that's for more personal reasons, there's a lot of cool stuff in it and Kozakura's whole deal in particular still really works for me

(caveat: I think the books are the only good version, though the manga does have its fans I guess)

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Meowywitch posted:

Wasn't sure if it was *gay enough *

The author of Otherside Picnic is operating at levels of yuri science that we mere mortals can scarcely comprehend.

https://twitter.com/bnuuyes/status/1545827012337717250?s=46&t=ARI_L-v32Oind1-d9B3a3Q

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
We can not allow a ludicrous pairings gap

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

The author of Otherside Picnic is operating at levels of yuri science that we mere mortals can scarcely comprehend.

https://twitter.com/bnuuyes/status/1545827012337717250?s=46&t=ARI_L-v32Oind1-d9B3a3Q

"Yuri made me human" ain't that a loving mood

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022
Yeah, Sorawo and Toriko said they loved each other and have kissed, it'd be hard to argue it wasn't gay enough

kater
Nov 16, 2010

USxMexico

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the otherside picnic guy's interview has some weird lines that people dont really mention, a lot of talking about yuri anime/manga like 'obviously if a guy was around then lesbianism wouldn't happen,' or talking about the viewer as a voyeur in a way that presumes the viewer is automatically a straight male, or talking about how actually 'yuri' can be a relationship between a man and a woman. do not recommend idolizing him from a western lgbt viewpoint.

note that this isnt me trying to cancel the otherside picnic guy or anything, hes just a weird anime nerd, its just that interview gets spread around a lot in very selectively edited form.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 18:57 on May 16, 2023

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Also I'm sorry it appears when I get high I can get really emotional about sapphic love

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022

Endorph posted:

the otherside picnic guy's interview has some weird lines that people dont really mention, a lot of talking about yuri anime/manga like 'obviously if a guy was around then lesbianism wouldn't happen,' or talking about the viewer as a voyeur in a way that presumes the viewer is automatically a straight male, or talking about how actually 'yuri' can be a relationship between a man and a woman. do not recommend idolizing him from a western lgbt viewpoint.

note that this isnt me trying to cancel the otherside picnic guy or anything, hes just a weird anime nerd, its just that interview gets spread around a lot in very selectively edited form.

He has a bit in that interview where he criticizes the idea that men being introduced into a story removes the possibility of lesbians. He's definitely a weird anime nerd and he says some pretty iffy stuff, but I think the interview is still worth reading

Yuri made me human posted:

6. "It's not yuri if there's a male character"

The recent influx of yuri works established that yuri featuring men in its cast is also a thing. For example, in the Korean movie The Handmaiden there is a "man who wants to get between the two girls", however it's an incredibly strong yuri, and it even accomplished an unbelievable feat of making said male character seem charming.

Meowywitch posted:

Also I'm sorry it appears when I get high I can get really emotional about sapphic love
:same:

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Meowywitch posted:

gosh ain't that a mood

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Meowywitch posted:

thread title, life title :hai:

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Meowywitch posted:

:same: except without the getting high part

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Meowywitch posted:

I think we have a new thread title.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i have tear up before just thinking about women, just the concept of women

e: who do i pm for a thread title change these days? i haven't been keeping up with that stuff...

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 02:30 on May 18, 2023

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Snooze Cruise posted:

i have tear up before just thinking about women, just the concept of women

e: who do i pm for a thread title change these days? i haven't been keeping up with that stuff...

You can just report your own post in this thread and ask Fluffdaddy to change it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Julias posted:

You can just report your own post in this thread and ask Fluffdaddy to change it.

🫡