Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The first one doesn't require a dungeon, you can do it as soon as you do finish the basic quests in Lookout. The second requires a dungeon completion to give you the quest, but technically you can get it without if you're thorough with exploration (which I did :smugdog:) or just look up the location.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mega64 posted:

The first one doesn't require a dungeon, you can do it as soon as you do finish the basic quests in Lookout. The second requires a dungeon completion to give you the quest, but technically you can get it without if you're thorough with exploration (which I did :smugdog:) or just look up the location.

Yeah I ended up completing that quest by myself before receiving the quest. By the time I talked and started getting the quest info I went “wait a minute…” and then Link said so as much lol.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I got the Master Sword geoglyph, and, um... huh. Is this plot going where I think it's going? Zelda got unstuck in time, grabbed the master sword from across the eons, and then turned herself into a dragon to take the slow way back to the present?

You got a weird fuckin' girlfriend, Link.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

CapnAndy posted:

I got the Master Sword geoglyph, and, um... huh. Is this plot going where I think it's going? Zelda got unstuck in time, grabbed the master sword from across the eons, and then turned herself into a dragon to take the slow way back to the present?

You got a weird fuckin' girlfriend, Link.

Tears of the Kingdom: ”Would you still love me if I was a worm” taken to its logical extreme

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yeah I ended up completing that quest by myself before receiving the quest. By the time I talked and started getting the quest info I went “wait a minute…” and then Link said so as much lol.

The thing is, there's a pretty clever way the game leads you to that latter power-up if you don't follow the Josha quests. At least, it's how I was led there.

Chances are, most BotW players are gonna get the desire to revisit the Great Plateau, as it's one of that game's standout locales and may even have some sense of nostalgia for some (at least it did for me). Naturally, one of the first places you'd likely visit there is the Temple of Time, where the statue will tell you about being trapped under a gate, which leads you into the Depths via the hole near the lake. While looking for a way to free the statue spirit, you'll probably run into the mine with Autobuild and kick things off that way.

Yet more really clever game design there.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Zore posted:

Did you talk to Josha first? And finish the breadtrail she has for a quest in the depths.

You need to finish that, unlock the power it gives and report back before Robbie moves to Hateno.

more specifically

Robbie won't move until you get Auto-Build and beat Kohga down in the mining facility. Josha tells you how to get there and once you do, and report back, you get to finally fix the hot air balloon and let Robbie go back to Hateno. Until then he just tells you he's too interested in what Josha's doing to leave

Augus posted:

Robbie needs to actually get to the lab, talk to Josha and do her quest

Thanks. There are so many quests, I forgot to do it, and forget what it even is. I'll look into it tonight.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Is there anything that is supposed to guide you towards the dragons tears when watching the murals from above? Because I just cannot spot what it is, I just trek across the entire thing always and it takes up a lot of time.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mega64 posted:

The thing is, there's a pretty clever way the game leads you to that latter power-up if you don't follow the Josha quests. At least, it's how I was led there.

Chances are, most BotW players are gonna get the desire to revisit the Great Plateau, as it's one of that game's standout locales and may even have some sense of nostalgia for some (at least it did for me). Naturally, one of the first places you'd likely visit there is the Temple of Time, where the statue will tell you about being trapped under a gate, which leads you into the Depths via the hole near the lake. While looking for a way to free the statue spirit, you'll probably run into the mine with Autobuild and kick things off that way.

Yet more really clever game design there.

Yeah that’s how it played out for me. Game owns. GOTY all years.

FrickenMoron posted:

Is there anything that is supposed to guide you towards the dragons tears when watching the murals from above? Because I just cannot spot what it is, I just trek across the entire thing always and it takes up a lot of time.

the murals tend to have tears shapes all over them but only one of the tears will be solid. This is where the drop is

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

FrickenMoron posted:

The dragon tear is in the one section of the glyph that's filled in rather than hollow.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

madmatt112 posted:

Just wanna say a huge thank you to all of you being so generous and thoughtful with spoiler tags. I only have an hour a day to play, so obviously not making rapid progress anywhere - but I can’t get enough of the non-spoiler content y’all are sharing.

It’s very thoughtful and much appreciated.

Yes yes yes. I’m in the same boat and while it may look like a redacted document I appreciate it very much.

On that note I finished the run up in the bird zone and it loving rules. This game is amazing

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I got one of the star fragments while skydiving and while I see that it happens a lot, apparently, it still feels special to me!

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Fix posted:

I got one of the star fragments while skydiving and while I see that it happens a lot, apparently, it still feels special to me!

I've caught two now, and grabbed one on the ground that landed very close to me, but have been unable to reach any of them I've spotted in the distance in time. it feels like they cut down the timeframe for star collection as a tradeoff for the ease in catching them

BrokenLink
Apr 27, 2013

FrickenMoron posted:

There's a filled in part, that's where the tear is.

theysayheygreg
Oct 5, 2010

some rusty fish
https://twitter.com/Itscakejumper/status/1657796891172564997?s=20

oh my god

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica
I love this game, it's really good.

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica

is this loss.jpg lol

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

wtf zelda took my house in Hateno? how bad was the divorce?

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
https://i.imgur.com/ba5Jsj9.gifv

Making dumb contraptions to mess up enemies is my favourite part of the game by far.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I cannot believe that there is a shrine that essentially recreates the laser hallway from the Resident Evil movie.

I didn't fall for it because I am a man of culture.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

DemoneeHo posted:

wtf zelda took my house in Hateno? how bad was the divorce?

link is basically feral post-resurrection, he probably sleeps outside like a dog

Ostrava
Aug 21, 2014
Lead Crafting System Designer, Daimaou Kosaka:

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

theblackw0lf posted:

So I got the fierce deity sword. Since it’s a unique weapon does it not break?

Unforunately no-- all of the weapons that can be pulled from amiibos can break and I haven't found anyone to rebuy them from yet, if such a person exists

e: wow my awful app was like pages behind, whoops

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Oxxidation posted:

link is basically feral post-resurrection, he probably sleeps outside like a dog

He sleeps once a month in super soft Rito sheets

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

External Organs posted:

He sleeps once a month in super soft Rito sheets

Actually he sleeps in a big bed where a horse god gives him hallucinations.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Unforunately no-- all of the weapons that can be pulled from amiibos can break and I haven't found anyone to rebuy them from yet, if such a person exists

e: wow my awful app was like pages behind, whoops

AFAIK everything on Amiibos is in-game, and poe papas let you buy the special weapons like biggoron's sword and such

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
How do I get these last two locks in the wind temple?

Seriously I'm stuck.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Boba Pearl posted:

How do I get these last two locks in the wind temple?

Seriously I'm stuck.

First one: come from above
Second one: come from below if that's your last one then where you had to go for others should help.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Can the murals have both a tear and a korok? or is it always just one. I can't find tears for the ones with a korok in them.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Can the murals have both a tear and a korok? or is it always just one. I can't find tears for the ones with a korok in them.

They always have both. I've tried to find a pattern on finding the tears, don't think there is one aside from them needing to be on standable ground.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Bruceski posted:

First one: come from above
Second one: come from below if that's your last one then where you had to go for others should help.

That did it thanks.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Bruceski posted:

They always have both. I've tried to find a pattern on finding the tears, don't think there is one aside from them needing to be on standable ground.

all the murals are decorated with teardrop designs. the dragon’s tear is in the teardrop that’s solidly colored, rather than outlined

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Some might be blocked by trees, so if you can't spot it start looking in any woods that overlap the mural by a bit.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Finally reached Tarrey Town, and my mind is blown that there's a service to keep the items fused on weapons!? This is gonna change my approach to things a bit, like maybe now I'll actually bother fighting Wizrobes...

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

shrine hunting spoilers: can someone give me a subtle hint for the kyokugon shrine? i know it must be in a cave, i thought draining the water going up the great plateau would lead me to it but no dice, and i cannot find a blupee at night anywhere nearby. also, i can't find a corresponding shrine for the takaruk lightroot (i.e. the kurakat shrine), there's nothing on the sensor above the lightroot, is there just not a shrine there?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

shrine hunting spoilers: can someone give me a subtle hint for the kyokugon shrine? i know it must be in a cave, i thought draining the water going up the great plateau would lead me to it but no dice, and i cannot find a blupee at night anywhere nearby. also, i can't find a corresponding shrine for the takaruk lightroot (i.e. the kurakat shrine), there's nothing on the sensor above the lightroot, is there just not a shrine there?

What's the thing with leaving fruit offerings at the cherry blossom trees? Doesn't it basically light up every single undiscovered point?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Had a genius idea to fuse a glider to my shield.

Unfortunately I do not think it did anything. I thought maybe shield surfing with it would make you slowly glide down or make you more maneuverable while skydiving, but unfortunately it does nothing.

That said it's still my default shield cause it looks cool as gently caress on Link's back.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Something I noticed last night: You can shield surf on rails, and it will auto-follow the rail without letting you fall off.

The same is true if you're walking on a rail while holding out your shield.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Inzombiac posted:

I cannot believe that there is a shrine that essentially recreates the laser hallway from the Resident Evil movie.

I didn't fall for it because I am a man of culture.
I did that one last night! That was great :allears:

I'm on the sky islands heading up to the wind temple now and this is rad. Love these bouncing pads that launch you way up in the air.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

My Second Re-Reg posted:

Something I noticed last night: You can shield surf on rails, and it will auto-follow the rail without letting you fall off.

The same is true if you're walking on a rail while holding out your shield.

lmao the same is not true for just trying to walk really really carefully

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I'm stuck at work and literally all I can think about is where I wanna go and what I want to find next in Hyrule.

This game has infected my brain. Where's the zonai device to skip time and get me home quicker?