Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

lmao great work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Omnislash em!!!!

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.
She's gonna calm him an NPC and he's going to burn down his grandma house too at this rate.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
PK his rear end then spawn camp him

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!

Revins posted:

PK his rear end then spawn camp him

:hmmyes:

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
lmao the edits to Sara's outfits

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Not only are the edits funny AND high-quality, they allow me to read this comic without being exposed to the low-key pedophilia that seems to be a core structural component of 90% of anime and manga

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

big cummers ONLY posted:

Not only are the edits funny AND high-quality, they allow me to read this comic without being exposed to the low-key pedophilia that seems to be a core structural component of 90% of anime and manga

this tbh

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
Yeah I really wish that wasn't a thing here and I wish that wasn't a thing in so many loving things. It's always a question I ask myself before I watch/read any anime thing.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

big cummers ONLY posted:

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
I love the edits, but the goony reactions to something so mundane are really weird with the ethnocentrism as a treat.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Big "My "Not involved in pedophilia" post has people asking a lot of questions already answered by my post." energy ITT.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
while there's an argument to be made that our culture is too uptight about incidental nudity, when it comes to pubescent girls how about let's just not

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
My theory is that a significant portion of goons became parents within the past few years, leading to an understandable hypersensitivity toward the issue. That said, it is pretty bizarre to see SA of all places become easily the most prudish place on the internet that I know of.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Yeah, freaking out over a bra of all things reminds you that these forums are American as gently caress. While I have no problem with the edits and they're funny, what's happening here is "put some clothes on young lady, you're making me feel uncomfortable".

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

the holy poopacy posted:

while there's an argument to be made that our culture is too uptight about incidental nudity, when it comes to pubescent girls how about let's just not

reminder that we are not discussing any nudity here, just a bra

that said the last panel's edits were A++

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Schurik posted:

Yeah, freaking out over a bra of all things reminds you that these forums are American as gently caress. While I have no problem with the edits and they're funny, what's happening here is "put some clothes on young lady, you're making me feel uncomfortable".

I'm genuinely curious as to how some of these guys react when they go to a beach and see all the swimsuits.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

The escalation from what we said into what people are pretending we said is unreal. Idk what issues you have, but don't twist me up in your personal weirdness just because I don't wanna see how the man making the dumb neet comic will draw a teenager's bra. That's all it's about. Not about telling real people what they're allowed to wear, not about having a heart attack on a public beach. That poo poo's all in your heads

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

big cummers ONLY posted:

The escalation from what we said into what people are pretending we said is unreal. Idk what issues you have, but don't twist me up in your personal weirdness just because I don't wanna see how the man making the dumb neet comic will draw a teenager's bra. That's all it's about. Not about telling real people what they're allowed to wear, not about having a heart attack on a public beach. That poo poo's all in your heads

Am I reading this correctly? You just complained about people escalating other people's posts, then proceeded to do exactly that in your own post.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

big cummers ONLY posted:

Right, being more clear, calling this "low-key pedophilia" which you say is "a core structural component of 90% of anime and manga" is kinda crass at best.

The first part is the implication about the author or really anyone who's not with you on this. You're making a serious accusation about a mundane and normal thing. I'm not saying this is high art, but there's nothing sexual about a drawn teenager in a bra in her own room talking to her roommate, no matter who draws it. Straight up jumping to the pedo card swings around the weird factor for me. I kinda don't wanna be talking about this anymore so let's tone down the phrasing, it's kinda gross and unnecessary.

The second part is making that same link to the whole medium which is making me cringe even as someone who doesn't read any manga and doesn't watch anime unless it's like on netflix. I'm aware of all the weird smut in otherwise normal thing phenomenon, and have been successfully avoiding it without trying at all. Criticism is great, but this sounds more like poop flinging.

I don't wanna get too wordy about all this, I guess my point is let's not get hyperbolic and accusatory Mr. big cummers ONLY. This thread's amazing, the translators are doing an amazing job handling possibly sensitive issues, and I don't think saying things like that is at all warranted.

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Let's keep it chill y'all. Euro crew has a different perspective from American crew. That's only natural. Euro goons hail from a land of freedom-hating, gun-violence-free, communistic sexual liberation the likes of which we Americans can never possibly imagine.

In all seriousness, I'm trying to be sensitive to people's tastes, not spark a pedantic debate about how much skin is appropriate when and how much. Like Vic said earlier, that's the purview of crazed religious fundamentalists.

Let's try to take all this with the humor with which it was originally presented--girl is such a hot head she forgot she was in the middle of changing out of her school uniform and WANTS TO EXACT VENGEANCE RIGHT NOW.

I'm sure that's a sentiment we all share right now.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Nothing like a good old "anime ... good or bad?" debate to crater a thread.

jemand
Sep 19, 2018

All these posts and I STILL have to wait longer to see AwfulNeet get crushed.

END HIM!!

Chrispurple
Dec 29, 2012

Oh man, this is gonna be great.

jemand posted:

All these posts and I STILL have to wait longer to see AwfulNeet get crushed.

END HIM!!

Now THIS is a sentiment I can get behind. Regardless of whether anime is good or bad, we can all agree that this terrible family killing Neet needs to go! Straight past Gay Baby Jail and into an incinerator!

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

the holy poopacy posted:

pubescent girls

Have we established how old these characters are other than "highschool"? There are a number of American raunchy sex comedies featuring naked highschool students.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Cat Hatter posted:

Have we established how old these characters are other than "highschool"? There are a number of American raunchy sex comedies featuring naked highschool students.

And formerly one thread!

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
she looks so sketched out. like she's onto something.

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014

Plant MONSTER. posted:

she looks so sketched out. like she's onto something.

It's been a while on our side of things, but he ran into her and the bald guy on a date yesterday their time.

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

hydroceramics posted:

It's been a while on our side of things, but he ran into her and the bald guy on a date yesterday their time.

Jeez, he's been unusually predictive.

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

:nws:Unedited version.:nws:

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

lol
"Your move, Creep."

The speech bubbles are messing with my head though.

jemand
Sep 19, 2018

Love the freeter gun. Perfection!

As for the content, I think derisive dismissal would be extremely effective and relatively easy to convey via text.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
I hope Izawa and Princess date and Good Neet gets jealous lol

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

Idle Amalgam posted:

I hope Izawa and Princess date and Good Neet gets jealous lol

Man, bad NEET really shows how decent good NEET is

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Foul Ole Ron posted:

Man, bad NEET really shows how decent good NEET is

It's pretty messed up how internet gaming caused him to burn down a house instead of keeping on to his job.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Nosfereefer posted:

It's pretty messed up how internet gaming caused him to burn down a house instead of keeping on to his job.

Hey, let's not besmirch gamer Neet, who only became a fat slob and is kind of a dick, by confusing him with the guy who stabbed his superior brother and burned the house down because he wouldn't be able to be toxic to his teammates anymore.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

There are 50 shades of NEET.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Vic posted:

There are 50 shades of NEET.

Looking forward to the NEET BDSM Dominant arc where he picks up a paddle and spends 50 panels working out the optimum method to use it before deciding he is hungry and never mentions it again.