Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Leraika posted:

Can you stop being weird about characters please

If you think that's weird I've got very bad news about the general behavior of anime fans on the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Leraika posted:

Can you stop being weird about characters please

he cannot. just don't make eye contact with the posts

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
a mere day until we roll out, Erudition Crew

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

someone awful. posted:

hook absolutely bodies things once she gets going. love her

Yeah I'm leveling her because my Hook's at E2, and even with no good relics she's already pretty powerful

Just wait till I get her going

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

The latest update cannot come soon enough. Reached tb40 but there is still some great content to do in the game, I'm just afraid of hitting a content wall.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Finally hit pity on standard after getting Bronya on beginner and hitting my 50/50 for Seele...got Bronyas lightcone, this seems good, yep

Hard to imagine changing my main dps and support away from those two for a long rear end time

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:
Finally hit the end of the current China patch even though I reached China in the first days of launch. Didn’t want to burn myself out and played super casual after finishing ice planet. I think like ice planet more but China planet is fun too. It’s fun having old man welt along as a guiding figure. By old I assume he’s like 31 which makes you a grandpa in anime.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

He's actually like 76 or something.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Excelzior posted:

you will regret your thoughts and deeds when it turns out Pom Pom is the remnant of Akivili

pom pom is cute!

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

welt's english VA is really good, he sounds absolutely perfect for the role

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Flowing Thot posted:

Finally hit the end of the current China patch even though I reached China in the first days of launch. Didn’t want to burn myself out and played super casual after finishing ice planet. I think like ice planet more but China planet is fun too. It’s fun having old man welt along as a guiding figure. By old I assume he’s like 31 which makes you a grandpa in anime.

Hellioning posted:

He's actually like 76 or something.

Yeah Welt was like 4 in 1955 and I believe Alien Space ends in 2029, so he's at least 78, not accounting for how long he's been in Star Rail's universe.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

If you bully Pom Pom you're my enemy tbh.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

someone awful. posted:

hook absolutely bodies things once she gets going. love her

A preteen who sets people on fire and runs away giggling is always welcome on my teams

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

good god the nihility path is ridiculous

Just had Sampo wreck 4-2 Svarog with the "you get your damage nerfed for each stack of suspicion you have. Also suspicion never rolls off" blessings. I think he maybe lasted 5 turns in stage 3?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Flowing Thot posted:

By old I assume he’s like 31 which makes you a grandpa in anime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H47ow4_Cmk0

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

UHD posted:

welt's english VA is really good, he sounds absolutely perfect for the role

I really really love his voice yeah

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
My last four waiting to have the 50->60 limit break applied are Dan Heng, Asta, Herta and Arlan.

There have been plenty of signs that Xianzhou will continue to have a distinct Dan flavor to it, though in the first half Team Dan were all trial versions. Is there anything hinting that not fully leveling Normal Dan will gimp me going forward, if Sampo is fully leveled to cover Wind?

(Asta I'm not sure about.)

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
Kinda messed up that my options for trying to get a song out of pom pom's head were: break pom pom's mug, denude pom pom's beloved tree, or walk on the sofa with my muddy shoes.

On the other hand, it's canonically been like a week and that little bastard has yet to deign to give me a room, so maybe he deserves it.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Zenostein posted:

Kinda messed up that my options for trying to get a song out of pom pom's head were: break pom pom's mug, denude pom pom's beloved tree, or walk on the sofa with my muddy shoes

it's because the game itself knows bullying pom-pom is the right thing to do

Kale
May 14, 2010

Black Griffon posted:

If you think that's weird I've got very bad news about the general behavior of anime fans on the internet.

It wasn't always quite the way it is now with social media making it about 10000000x more visible to the general public. Anyway I don't know what it is about this particular dude, but if his combat kit is anywhere near as decked out as his backstory kit he's probably going straight to the top. Maybe it's the fact that that two full length trailers (One CGI, one actually animated) in the span of a week, with both being fairly well animated and stuffed with narrative nuggets just to market one characters banner for a few weeks is a little bit uncommon outside of Mihoyo games.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I hope the Tubby of HSR is just Pom Pom

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Kale posted:

It wasn't always quite the way it is now with social media making it about 10000000x more visible to the general public. Anyway I don't know what it is about this particular dude, but if his combat kit is anywhere near as decked out as his backstory kit he's probably going straight to the top. Maybe it's the fact that that two full length trailers (One CGI, one actually animated) in the span of a week, with both being fairly well animated and stuffed with narrative nuggets just to market one characters banner for a few weeks is a little bit uncommon outside of Mihoyo games.

That or they realized he's a dud and they really need to upsell him.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
Oh, that reminds me. The free food guy in boulder town stopped giving me free food :(

If he told me that he was just going to give me one of everything he sells, I would not have eaten all those drat crabs.Of course I would have, let's not be silly

Anyway it's pretty hosed up that I had to say I didn't bring a souvenir for pom pom when I left that place, my pockets were full of sausages and I can't help but notice I've got a ton of belobog coins that don't do anything in my pockets. Could've just given him an old penny, he'd probably be pleased.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Kale posted:

I think all gacha games want to do that, tbh.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Mihoyo's always done demo trailers. The cg is unique but Honkai Impact has tons of cg and honestly I massively prefer it to in game cutscenes, so if we're not getting them in game, I'll gladly take them randomly posting some to youtube every patch.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Eimi posted:

Mihoyo's always done demo trailers. The cg is unique but Honkai Impact has tons of cg and honestly I massively prefer it to in game cutscenes, so if we're not getting them in game, I'll gladly take them randomly posting some to youtube every patch.

It's not unique; Arknights has CG character trailers too.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

The music for those are ridiculously good for something most players probably don't even know about.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Kale posted:

I love how Jing Yuans trailers and the Space China arc so far makes it perfectly clear that this guy might as well be General Chad Chaderson the coolest guy ever. Its like Big Ayato energy basically. Handsomeman design, great fighter, the wise philosophical chessmaster, the revered public figure that mentioning you know them gets you out of jail free, the tragic backstory forcing him into a role he probably didnt want but is super good at anyway despite nobody quite understanding his pain (TM)

The only thing he's lacking is the perfect little sister that everybody loves even more than him yet still is there to pump his tires at every opportunity, but he has a lion and protege instead I guess

It's important to be honest with yourself, and I can be honest enough with myself in that I'm going to roll Jing Yuan because the last RPG I played before Star Rail was Octopath 2 and he shares a voice actor with a major character there.

I get to Space China and this dude says all of two lines before I make the connection and I'm like eeeeeeey it's Oswald, but he's chilled way the gently caress out and is enjoying his life happy for you jrpg dad

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

My 5* relic drops so far have all been poo poo! shiiiit!

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

silvergoose posted:

The music for those are ridiculously good for something most players probably don't even know about.

Those Asian strings sequence that plays in all the space China character trailers so far are all so good

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

GateOfD posted:

mood fam

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Kale posted:

I love how Jing Yuans trailers and the Space China arc so far makes it perfectly clear that this guy might as well be General Chad Chaderson the coolest guy ever. Its like Big Ayato energy basically. Handsomeman design, great fighter, the wise philosophical chessmaster, the revered public figure that mentioning you know them gets you out of jail free, the tragic backstory forcing him into a role he probably didnt want but is super good at anyway despite nobody quite understanding his pain (TM)

The only thing he's lacking is the perfect little sister that everybody loves even more than him yet still is there to pump his tires at every opportunity, but he has a lion and protege instead I guess

agreed. good luck rolling him gamer :cheers: I’ve got enough saved for the guaranteed pity I think

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Trip report:

pela is super adorable

even at level 40 unbuilt she's helping me wreck dudes in the forgotten hall

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

GateOfD posted:

My kingdom for a pair of 5* ATK physical set boots... Literally all I need...

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Meowywitch posted:

Trip report:

pela is super adorable

even at level 40 unbuilt she's helping me wreck dudes in the forgotten hall

she sent me a sms asking how to get sober but it turned out she was staying up all night writing gay fanfics and chugging energy drinks

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

kirbysuperstar posted:

she sent me a sms asking how to get sober but it turned out she was staying up all night writing gay fanfics and chugging energy drinks

whom amongst us

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

prime gaming is now doing Honkai Star Rail bundles so make sure to claim them if you have Prime

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

This game has a really good soundtrack. They do a great job of each area having a very distinct musical feel to it. The space station in particular has a handful of really catchy tracks.

Sort of like in Genshin, it makes me look forward to hearing the soundtrack for each new area or boss encounter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Excelzior posted:

prime gaming is now doing Honkai Star Rail bundles so make sure to claim them if you have Prime

Oh nice, thanks for the heads up. :toot: