Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

They called the twelfth Mortal Kombat game Mortal Kombat 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.

FireWorksWell posted:

Lol I just spent a half hour going around until I died and I have no real idea what was going on

Rain World is a complicated game with a focus on survival, exploration, discovery, and stumbling into what the hell is this game. A friend of mine has been streaming it off and on for a long while, it's very tense and chaotic and you have to be willing to accept death and give something another try. And also not mind that the game doesn't feel like telling you anything about anything most of the time.

anothergod
Apr 11, 2016

Baggot posted:

If your goal is to offload PS4 games then you don't need an SSD, you can use any compatible external USB hard drive. But if you already knew that then I don't really know the answer to your specific question about external SSDs.

That gives me confidence that any external will be good enough. But my research is showing that PS5's USB speeds are 2-4x faster than the PS4/Pro internal SSD speeds, so I'm trying to utilize that. I know I need to use an NVMe to get over 600mb/s, but I'm not sure what I need to do to flood the PS5's ~1250mb/s USB speed.

Edit: I'd prefer to do this with an external enclosure.

anothergod fucked around with this message at 20:54 on May 16, 2023

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

anothergod posted:

That gives me confidence that any external will be good enough. But my research is showing that PS5's USB speeds are 2-4x faster than the PS4/Pro internal SSD speeds, so I'm trying to utilize that. I know I need to use an NVMe to get over 600mb/s, but I'm not sure what I need to do to flood the PS5's ~1250mb/s USB speed.

If you care that much about load speeds then get an internal PCIe gen 4 drive, is the correct answer here. Otherwise just get whatever cheapo external USB-attached SATA SSD you can find, and I promise you, it will be fine.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

anothergod posted:

You are trying way too hard for PS4 games

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

They called the twelfth Mortal Kombat game Mortal Kombat 1

New konquest mode looks interesting, hoping its more sf6 tho and not mtx minefied

https://twitter.com/PewterOdin/status/1657957353277227008?s=20

(Also if real, could confirm its the og kung lao time setting for mk1, so more like mkzero)

Johnny Postnemonic fucked around with this message at 21:37 on May 16, 2023

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Faked

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

You'll be saying this is fake next!!!!

https://imgur.io/gallery/n4939n1
https://imgur.io/a/3fYgnTH

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

anothergod posted:

I got a 1TB solid state non-powered USB drive. It was pretty cheap. It does the job very well for PS4 games. If I want one of those PS4-optimized-for-PS5 games to load quicker, I just put it on one of the PS5 drives. I recommend all this.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

I hope these are real, but are actually for fortnite.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

anothergod posted:

You don’t really need to go that far to match or even beat PS4 speeds. Seems like a waste of money to be shooting for “fast as gently caress” on your external PS4 games drive when you can instead get a huge rear end external and just move the few games that actually take advantage of PS5 load speeds to the internal SSD.

I’ve been very happy with this and it isn’t even 100 bucks.
https://a.co/d/i3xUng5

Gutcruncher fucked around with this message at 22:01 on May 16, 2023

anothergod
Apr 11, 2016

Looking into getting/installing a >1TB NVMe SSD made me realize the PS5 has an internal drive and an expansion M2. I was thinking if I got another NVMe drive it I'd have to replace the original drive like the PS3/4.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

TheDarkFlame posted:

Rain World is a complicated game with a focus on survival, exploration, discovery, and stumbling into what the hell is this game. A friend of mine has been streaming it off and on for a long while, it's very tense and chaotic and you have to be willing to accept death and give something another try. And also not mind that the game doesn't feel like telling you anything about anything most of the time.

Yeah, this game seems really cool but I definitely need to play it at a time when I don't have five others I'm juggling.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

anothergod posted:

Looking into getting/installing a >1TB NVMe SSD made me realize the PS5 has an internal drive and an expansion M2. I was thinking if I got another NVMe drive it I'd have to replace the original drive like the PS3/4.

Stuff an expansion drive in there. They got cheap even with the heatsink installed by the manufacturer. I hate doing space management and that expansion slot means I never have to do it. If you play anything regularly that is really big like COD (200GB right now I think), it feels like a necessity.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Johnny Postnemonic posted:

New konquest mode looks interesting, hoping its more sf6 tho and not mtx minefied

https://twitter.com/PewterOdin/status/1657957353277227008?s=20

(Also if real, could confirm its the og kung lao time setting for mk1, so more like mkzero)

https://twitter.com/thethiny/status/1658098279312130049?s=

We live in an AI hellscape

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

lol

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

bloodychill posted:

Stuff an expansion drive in there. They got cheap even with the heatsink installed by the manufacturer. I hate doing space management and that expansion slot means I never have to do it. If you play anything regularly that is really big like COD (200GB right now I think), it feels like a necessity.

Yeah I was looking prices up recently and you can get a 2tb drive that fits the specs for around £150 now. Also Humanity seems really cool from the hour I've played but I question everyone I saw say it was a relaxing puzzle game.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Humanity has three VR modes, two of which are kind of dull, but the room space mode is really cool. The levels exist as little dioramas that you walk around in a physical space.

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

lmao. loving robots

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Get used to it.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Anything that doesn't come from Sony or Nintendo is fake to me.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

JBP posted:

Anything that doesn't come from Sony or Nintendo is fake to me.

Treehouse Gospel.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Fix posted:

Get used to it.

I'm from Buenos Aires and I say kill em all

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I'm from Buenos Aires and I say kill em all

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

That was a fake you posted.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Kill all bots.

Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a human posting history.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
.... I just bought Rift Apart as a full price digital download in AUD days before it was added to PS Plus

Ai yai yai

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I think you can get a refund if you email support. iirc people have done it for monthly ps+ games.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Can we have the Butlerian Jihad a couple dozen millennia early? Frank’s version not his son’s.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I’ve been on this train ever since iTunes did that update where it gave songs an automatic star rating that was the average of the other songs in the album. Machines cannot be allowed to make decisions.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Bugblatter posted:

Can we have the Butlerian Jihad a couple dozen millennia early? Frank’s version not his son’s.

*Casts Summon: Trisolarans* Technology stops today! er, relatively!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

weaponize pee ess fives against machine hives keep the dream alives

eat the spice every morning over rice see the vision: robot head in vice

worm god knows golden path paved with dead foes and many cheevos

prescience is key, dualsense edge ain't free, AI all around, 210 british £

get weirding, all bots up in flames, even if the PS5 still got no games...

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart on PS+++++++ got me to unpack the console and play it again, and yeah, Ratchet and Clank remains fun and good.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

https://blog.playstation.com/2023/05/17/youre-invited-playstation-showcase-broadcasts-live-next-wednesday-may-24-at-1pm-pacific-time/

quote:

The show will run a bit over an hour, focusing on PS5 and PS VR2 games in development from top studios from around the world. Expect a glimpse at several new creations from PlayStation Studios, as well as spellbinding games from our third-party partners and indie creators.

The live broadcast starts next Wednesday, May 24 at 1pm Pacific Time / 9pm British Time on YouTube and Twitch. Hope to see you there!

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Eyyyyyyy there it is!

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
lets loving go yesssss!!! day earlier than suspected! blessed.

oh man oh man oh man this is it. loving big guns!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

3pm central, ok got it.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

1 hour? Ok I am cautiously excited.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?