Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

AKA Pseudonym posted:

Not going to pretend that I won't eat that poo poo like my life depends on it. But man it looks gross being poured. I just want it on my popcorn. I really don't want to be confronted with the reality that it's just a bunch of oil.
If it makes you feel better popcorn by itself is one of the least calorie dense snacks you can pick and is almost entirely carbohydrates. So adding oil to it just rounds it out. Also fats are necessary for health so having some isn't really bad for you as long as you aren't sticking your face under the spout and drinking it straight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
Popcorn is great for when you want to eat something lovely and then try to get it out of your teeth the rest of the day.

RedSnapper
Nov 22, 2016

It's like this chili recipe comic in video form, only instead of a mediocre chili you get popcorn

Nostradingus posted:

Popcorn rules, nerd

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Guyver posted:

o having some isn't really bad for you as long as you aren't sticking your face under the spout and drinking it straight.

Look at this guy who hates amareicuh

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

credburn posted:

Popcorn is great for when you want to eat something lovely and then try to get it out of your teeth the rest of the day.
:agreed:

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

RedSnapper posted:

Just.. don't eat popcorn, it's poo poo anyway. Always has been. Get some nachos or peanuts, anything with actual taste

Lol i went to the movies with my sister too see Guardians 3 and i got some nachos. $11.50 for the nachos + medium drink. The chips were literally the same ones you get at the gas station with maybe a tablespoon of cheese.

I understand that the theater makes no money from ticket sales and relies on concessions to pay the lone 15-year-old that runs everything on the weekdays but you can literally get the exact same thing at the gas station for $1.75 with unlimited cheese and chili. Add the medium fountain drink for $1.25.

Life hack: when you go to the movies think of your ticket as the cover charge, get a $6 theater box of candy as a tip to support the kids that works there, and stuff a whole Philly cheese steak and a can of Arizona into your butt hole to enjoy during the feature

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
No, I'd probably recommend enjoying that at home. Those teenagers have to clean the theater between showings, after all.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
cargo shorts were made to carry a chipotle burrito in each cargo pocket (one for date)

titties
May 10, 2012

Life hack: be unable to get a date to the movies because of your cargo shorts and enjoy both chipotle burritos on your own

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

titties posted:

Life hack: be unable to get a date to the movies because of your cargo shorts and enjoy both chipotle burritos on your own

Cargo pants can get you six

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Guyver posted:

sticking your face under the spout and drinking it straight.

:hmmyes:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

titties posted:

Life hack: when you go to the movies think of your ticket as the cover charge, get a $6 theater box of candy as a tip to support the kids that works there
The people who work there are going to get paid the same amount whether you buy snacks or not. That "tip" is going to the owners.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah any theater that can't keep the lights on without concessions folded during the pandemic. Concessions are where they make the profit, not where they meet operating costs.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Freestyle machines are great for making up cool drinks to go with that half-pint of delicious vodka in your pocket, well worth the $5.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

All Hulk Hogan everything

titties
May 10, 2012

Tiggum posted:

The people who work there are going to get paid the same amount whether you buy snacks or not. That "tip" is going to the owners.

Yeah i understand, i didn't mean that it was literally a tip. Just that after the markup, the snack you're buying is maybe enough to allow the theater to continue to employ a single bored teenager for two hours of babysitting the three old people and one stoner who show up for a weekday matinee

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I can’t think of many other things that consumers buy that matches disparity between operator cost and consumer cost than movie theatre concessions: popcorn and cola syrup are both super, super cheap but are sold for an incredible markup

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Personally I don't get butter on my popcorn.
As a man of refinement, I insist on printer ink.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Professor Shark posted:

I can’t think of many other things that consumers buy that matches disparity between operator cost and consumer cost than movie theatre concessions: popcorn and cola syrup are both super, super cheap but are sold for an incredible markup

For the biggest Marvel and Star Wars movies, Disney will ask over 100% of the ticket price from the theatre. If the theatre sells a ticket for $10, they have to pay Disney $14. Concessions are where theatres make their money, the theatres and seats and movies are there just to attract people to buy snacks.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Yeah studio licenses have gotten to where the theater closest to me has $5 admission and $20 popcorn.

They get more money renting out the whole theater to groups and letting them use the projector for whatever they want for a few hours (usually Smash Ultimate) than they do from showing movies.

Dip Viscous has a new favorite as of 20:51 on May 18, 2023

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rv4hzgyHnO1r0uzl6.mp4

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

They look dumb, but they're not getting rained on. :shrug:

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Huh?

It's just a box

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

Gann Jerrod posted:

You don't even need the whole body, just use a scale photo of your head.

arent all photos scale photos

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

freelop posted:

Huh?

It's just a box

Boxes don't immediately fall apart in water

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Len posted:

Boxes don't immediately fall apart in water

Exactly. Also, when you put it on, you suddenly get this feeling of inner peace. You feel safe. Like this is where you were meant to be. Like you found the key to true happiness.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

GhostDog posted:

Exactly. Also, when you put it on, you suddenly get this feeling of inner peace. You feel safe. Like this is where you were meant to be. Like you found the key to true happiness.

:ocelot:

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

My understanding is that theaters don't police sneaking snacks in and, according to some, never have.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Neito posted:

My understanding is that theaters don't police sneaking snacks in and, according to some, never have.

After one of the mass shootings our local theater did bag checks and when the underpaid kid asked to look in my partners bag we hesitated and she just said "I don't care if you have food I just need to see you don't have a gun" which was fair

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

Len posted:

After one of the mass shootings our local theater did bag checks and when the underpaid kid asked to look in my partners bag we hesitated and she just said "I don't care if you have food I just need to see you don't have a gun" which was fair

Had that happen to me too. The teenager at the bag check just looked at me with dead eyes and said "I don't get paid enough to care if you sneak food in".

I still do it, I've got that AMC subscription thing so I see tons of movies and just sneak in some beer and snacks. Never been stopped, hell half the time they don't even ask for my ID to make sure I'm the person who has the subscription.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rv69r5SmSZ1s1ddrj_720.mp4

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
.......... God I hate the internet

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!
On the plus side it's a lifehack that actually works and doesn't require you dismantle a perfectly working device or object.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

I mean, they have to be fairly sterile, for what they are.

I also just googled "are tampons sterile" and google responded with "tampons should never be used more than once" and I decided I was done with that for today.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Nettle Soup posted:

I mean, they have to be fairly sterile, for what they are.

I also just googled "are tampons sterile" and google responded with "tampons should never be used more than once" and I decided I was done with that for today.

They're also inflammable

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Still better than the lifehack of rinsing your beef under the sink after your brown it

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Do you want to stain your reusable paper plates?

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I started doing the math on what a single sheet of paper towel costs vs the price of a tampon and decided using logic to battle life hacks was a fool's errand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedSnapper
Nov 22, 2016

rydiafan posted:

I started doing the math on what a single sheet of paper towel costs vs the price of a tampon and decided using logic to battle life hacks was a fool's errand.

otoh paper comes apart when wet and tampons remain in one piece