Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah the erin frost stuff comes off as high maintainece person who tried a job they wernt ready for and it never clicked and they kinda held a grudge.

There's a 25 minute video YouTube wants me to watch about the Sallie Mae 'controversy' explained and I'm like nah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah the erin frost stuff comes off as high maintainece person who tried a job they wernt ready for and it never clicked and they kinda held a grudge.

She strikes me as someone who a) is probably going to get sued for breaching NDA if she keeps this up, and b)probably burning bridges in the industry if her conversation with Nico Colaleo is anything to go by

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Laughed really hard at this week's Royal Crackers and the strip club password Sex?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Just found a very promising independent animation on youtube with heavy early batman the animated series vibes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utNTePSqGBc

Honestly I really do love everything about this and Miss Conduct is an amazing villain name.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Flopsy posted:

Just found a very promising independent animation on youtube with heavy early batman the animated series vibes.

Honestly I really do love everything about this and Miss Conduct is an amazing villain name.

This is really impressive! I love Miss Conduct and her...just, everything

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Happy Landfill posted:

This is really impressive! I love Miss Conduct and her...just, everything

She's like a cross between Yzma and Saira Bellum from the Netflix Carmen Sandiego cartoon.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

nine-gear crow posted:

She's like a cross between Yzma and Saira Bellum from the Netflix Carmen Sandiego cartoon.

And she's single :allears:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Flopsy posted:

Make sure you check out the animators previous work as well, a brief documentary about a depressed out-of-work cartoon dog years after catching his legendary cartoon cat rival:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrqquY705No&ab_channel=InsaneInkorporated

I can't believe something this good only has 11,393 views.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Make sure you check out the animators previous work as well, a brief documentary about a depressed out-of-work cartoon dog years after catching his legendary cartoon cat rival:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrqquY705No&ab_channel=InsaneInkorporated

I can't believe something this good only has 11,393 views.

If I had the ability to make this dude go viral and get the acclaim he deserves I absolutely would. Best I can do is just direct other people to see his stuff.

Pachylad
Jul 12, 2017

AlternateNu posted:

I'm disappointed Clancy Brown is not on this list. :colbert:

Dawgstar posted:

Keith David probably should be too. At most he just pitches his voice a little higher for smaller roles but who cares? It's Keith David.
I think I'd place them with John DiMaggio on a (slightly) 'lower rung' of voice actors with technically wider range but similarly impressive work out of such a limited scope.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Flopsy posted:

That was 7 minutes well spent.

Great find.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Happy Landfill posted:

She strikes me as someone who a) is probably going to get sued for breaching NDA if she keeps this up, and b)probably burning bridges in the industry if her conversation with Nico Colaleo is anything to go by

I havent seen that one yet. but yeah, i wouldnt be shocked.

Flopsy posted:

that was great.

https://twitter.com/VivziePop/status/1658606466889322497

New HB this weekend

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I havent seen that one yet. but yeah, i wouldnt be shocked.

that was great.

https://twitter.com/VivziePop/status/1658606466889322497

New HB this weekend

https://twitter.com/IgnisTwote/status/1658608626800656384?s=20

Happy Landfill fucked around with this message at 19:45 on May 17, 2023

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
I've been enjoying Unicorn well enough, but I feel like it's finally hit it's stride with this episode; things weren't quite clicking with the previous eps in a way I can't quite explain. It is interesting to see how the animation mostly has completely different vibes from Primal even though the animation is being outsourced to the same studio (Studio La Cachette in France).

Xelkelvos posted:

So it's like PG13 or R rated version of Gumball?

Not even R-rated, just PG; you can tell it wasn't meant to be on Adult Swim originally, the most adult moment is a bit in the 3rd episode involving the fact that the animated Greek statues sent to attack the heroes have dicks (which aren't even shown on screen and no one says they have dicks, just trying to talk around it); basically the show's on the same age-rage as Sym-Bionic Titan, so the whole thing comes off as very tame by Adult Swim standards.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJy7T24rhg0 New HB. Very good.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Huh, they didn't get Norman Reedus back for Striker

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Huh, they didn't get Norman Reedus back for Striker

Apperently it was scheduling stuff. New guy was good so it’s cool.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
The animation during the fight sequence was extremely good. Probably some of the best stuff they've done yet. I liked the switching back and forth between the fight and Loona getting her shot.

That pop song during that part was great, I honestly couldn't tell if that was a real song or an original for the show. In fact the Striker song was also good, again probably the best one so far in the show.

Also I'm curious if the fish lady and the goats are another variation of imps like the shark demons or if they're something different

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Loona at the doctor's did feel very reminiscent of me trying to give my dogs their medicine. 10/10 no notes.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I loved all the Dog Loona stuff. Her collapsing in the car with the cone and lollipop was great. 10/10. The ending was real good .

same hat

Happy Landfill fucked around with this message at 19:09 on May 20, 2023

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Sorry I also need to callout this specific exchange

"What he look like, your higness?"

"...hmm, sexy?"

"That's Striker, sir!"

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Macaluso posted:

The animation during the fight sequence was extremely good. Probably some of the best stuff they've done yet. I liked the switching back and forth between the fight and Loona getting her shot.

That pop song during that part was great, I honestly couldn't tell if that was a real song or an original for the show. In fact the Striker song was also good, again probably the best one so far in the show.

Also I'm curious if the fish lady and the goats are another variation of imps like the shark demons or if they're something different

I'd say they at least consider themselves something different, given how racist that one was.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
This Adult Swim short is pretty delightful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahf8KjDeZ3I

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Pigbuster posted:

This Adult Swim short is pretty delightful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahf8KjDeZ3I

I like it very relatable and the artstyle reminds of OK KO.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

That’s Jer of ska fame doing the cat’s VO should anyone care.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

I Am Fowl posted:

I'd say they at least consider themselves something different, given how racist that one was.

i think imps are supposed to be like the bottomish rung of hell with maybe hellhounds being lower.

i like that stella is just a ragining moron rear end in a top hat who doesnt think a 2 steps ahead of her plans. its a nice change of pace.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Norman Reedus having to be replaced for them to be able to keep using Striker was the most predictable thing ever. I can't imagine he wasn't crazy expensive and crazy hard to book.

"He can get hurt?" and the "Blitz is typing..." are That Real Good poo poo.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Want to kick Blitzo in the arse for not visiting Stolas.

Also, I really hate the voice actress for Stella. It's not that she's bad - she's too good. I literally know a couple people who sound exactly like her and they're both the most terrible loving people. Stupid and self absorbed and spiteful and make all the world around them a hell.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
So against seemingly all odds or reason Clone High is back with a new season on MAX. Anybody else seen any of it so far? Honestly a little disappointed they seem to be leaning into a gaming webcomic level of violence-as-a-joke but there have been some fairly good gags in the first two episodes.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Sardonik posted:

So against seemingly all odds or reason Clone High is back with a new season on MAX. Anybody else seen any of it so far? Honestly a little disappointed they seem to be leaning into a gaming webcomic level of violence-as-a-joke but there have been some fairly good gags in the first two episodes.

Sounds like SOMEONE never got a knork for Snowflake Day.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

That indie show , Monkey Wrench, released their second episode. Won't be able to check it out until I get home but I thought I'd leave a link here

https://youtu.be/Z7mNrFjtg28

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack

Sardonik posted:

I've been enjoying it pretty well so far. I definitely agree that they've been going a little harder on the blood than I like (It's like every day is Snowflake Day!) but overall I think it's been a pretty enjoyable ride so far. I think the new batch of clones play very well off the existing cast, and I'm liking the plot developments they've been rolling out so far (Joan is the popular one now!). I even thought the whole "Abe gets cancelled" plot from the first episode worked pretty well despite everything about that idea sounding like a red flag, I think it helped that the thrust of the comedy was less about attempted social commentary and more about how Abe just kept unwittingly digging himself deeper.

Overall, I'd say it has yet to hit the highs of season 1, but what I've seen so far leaves me feeling optimistic

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Clone High is off to a solid but not amazing start. Hopeful for improvement.

Royal Crackers ended with a surprisingly touching episode. A mixed show but the good episodes (mostly written by the creator, I am biased but it’s true shut up) were excellent.

Still not super into the story of Unicorn, definitely not my thing compared to Primal, but JESUS it’s so absurdly pretty

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

Sardonik posted:

I'm glad they got rid of my bald spot

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Sardonik posted:

Didn't care for episode 1 but episode 2 was marginally better. Not sure if it's a case of my tastes changing or the show not being as good. Given the time frames involved probably both. Hopefully the upward trajectory continues!

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

CH isn’t quiet as good this time around so far, but it did get a number of actual laughs out of me. I’m interested to see how it progresses.

Marilyn Manson hanging out at the cancelled table was a fun little visual gag. I don’t really get what they’re going for with Columbus beyond having a shitheel around but hopefully they do something there beyond what we’ve seen.

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
I can't wait to see which celebrity guests they stunt cast. My money is on Timothee Chalamet

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Escobarbarian posted:

Clone High is off to a solid but not amazing start. Hopeful for improvement.

Royal Crackers ended with a surprisingly touching episode. A mixed show but the good episodes (mostly written by the creator, I am biased but it’s true shut up) were excellent.

Still not super into the story of Unicorn, definitely not my thing compared to Primal, but JESUS it’s so absurdly pretty

Yeah, Unicorn is beautiful but the story is kind of...well at least in terms of character it's just been going around in circles, with Winston and the Elf asserting that the woman is one thing and the woman being unsure if she is Melinda or Emma. Neither going in one direction or the other with it or even a third direction, not exploring the idea particularly beyond occasionally showing more of Emma's history. No building the Seer or Elf guy's character or backstories, really. It's really thin, so far.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

I Am Fowl posted:

Yeah, Unicorn is beautiful but the story is kind of...well at least in terms of character it's just been going around in circles, with Winston and the Elf asserting that the woman is one thing and the woman being unsure if she is Melinda or Emma. Neither going in one direction or the other with it or even a third direction, not exploring the idea particularly beyond occasionally showing more of Emma's history. No building the Seer or Elf guy's character or backstories, really. It's really thin, so far.

I hope they get more into the very uncomfortable reality that they're essentially killing people and taking over their bodies. Like Emma still being present and conscious is treated like "a problem" and how normalized that is, is kinda hosed. Like the evil so far is very bland and vague while the supposed good guys really don't think much of destroying everything around them and highjacking bodies so long as they can continue to perform their duties. It's kind of a more personalized unpleasantness. It's hard to root for anybody at this stage really just because I can't really get behind these tactics. Like think about it--they would've been taken over some time in their lifetimes it just happened earlier than expected. What if Emma and Winston had children by that point and mommy is suddenly gone and replaced by a complete stranger who doesn't love them anymore and is suddenly macking on blue elf guy now. That's hosed.

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 05:36 on May 25, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Flopsy posted:

I hope they get more into the very uncomfortable reality that they're essentially killing people and taking over their bodies. Like Emma still being present and conscious is treated like "a problem" and how normalized that is, is kinda hosed. Like the evil so far is very bland and vague while the supposed good guys really don't think much of destroying everything around them and highjacking bodies so long as they can continue to perform their duties. It's kind of a more personalized unpleasantness. It's hard to root for anybody at this stage really just because I can't really get behind these tactics. Like think about it--they would've been taken over some time in their lifetimes it just happened earlier than expected. What if Emma and Winston had children by that point and mommy is suddenly gone and replaced by a complete stranger who doesn't love them anymore and is suddenly macking on blue elf guy now. That's hosed.

Yeah, this is a big part of why I'm having trouble with the story, too. Emma the person is being treated as...disposable and inconvenient by this supposed hero. Meanwhile, based on what we've seen, she had a pretty solid life going for Victorian Era England and was in love with (mostly) pretty solid dude. Winston may not be 100% right but he's certainly more right than Elf Dude.