Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

rafikki posted:

The breakfast boosts I just sent you

Oh rad, Thanks a bunch!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Nuebot posted:

Turns out the secret was just buying a farm upgrade which got me like four levels of farming which got me more hops quests which let me dump more hops onto hops george. I got the rune, which means now I can fish in the new fishing hole! I can't wait for a quest to ask me to give them my fancy spheres.

I am truly embarrassed by how I only just now realized why George wants so many spiders. This game and it's fuckin' memes, man.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

...oh, I just realized that too. O_o

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Why? I don't read any lore.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

H110Hawk posted:

Why? I don't read any lore.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I got the tribal mask! I'm only on part 6 of Parts Unknown :shepface: .

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

all my current quests need broccoli now lets see how long that takes to gro-

holy poo poo pisssssssssssssss

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Beasteh posted:

I think if you do the christmas adventure you get like two cookies that give you 3x crop payouts. It was probably a waste but I spent mine on cotton and broccoli and it still wasn't enough to blast past the quests I'm on.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Beasteh posted:

Hope you got enough gold for those grape juice perks.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
:v: I'm back on the grapes train. Finished up the Breakfast Boost's yesterday or Sunday and have now cooked enough pies that I can get grapes without worry about voiding them.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

My vast need for OJ and nets continues, mailbox is now at 150

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Beasteh posted:

My vast need for OJ and nets continues, mailbox is now at 150

Sounds like a challenge

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Thank god Borgen's back so I can ditch thousands of AC so that I can turn in some quests that reward thousands of AC while I desperately try to reduce my stockpile of treasure chests with AC in them and inventory cap of treasure keys. Now, what's he got? ... Piñatas it is.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

:negative: this quest just up and asks for over a hundred million silver. Time to get fishing, I guess.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Ghostlight posted:

Thank god Borgen's back so I can ditch thousands of AC so that I can turn in some quests that reward thousands of AC while I desperately try to reduce my stockpile of treasure chests with AC in them and inventory cap of treasure keys. Now, what's he got? ... Piñatas it is.

lol, pinatas... I bought 25. Some folks in spoilers bought 250+. Probably will never need or use them.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Nuebot posted:

:negative: this quest just up and asks for over a hundred million silver. Time to get fishing, I guess.

I'm on the 135 mill one now and I hope this chain is done soon

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Beasteh posted:

I hope you like corn.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Beasteh posted:

Allow me to introduce you to

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Madre de Dios

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Huh. Didnt expect this to happen. On a 2x Vault too.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I finally got the exchange place open, neato. I'm slowly catching up to everyone.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

What GMs should I be working on instead of voiding everything but copper wire from jundland?

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

rafikki posted:

What GMs should I be working on instead of voiding everything but copper wire from jundland?

Make Engines. Also don't void those bolts.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

You can dump a ton of bolts into steel plates and when those are full*, one of stepladders (especially if you haven't GMed ladders), machine presses (I keep these maxed in my inventory), or control boxes + engines. Engines do consume a lot of other materials from the desert and no matter what you're going to need a lot of steel and steel wire.

I'm only halfway done with the red berry pies and I'm out of berries and sweet root and my coalworks isn't keeping up if I stay on top of stirring.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Xerol posted:

You can dump a ton of bolts into steel plates and when those are full*, one of stepladders (especially if you haven't GMed ladders), machine presses (I keep these maxed in my inventory), or control boxes + engines. Engines do consume a lot of other materials from the desert and no matter what you're going to need a lot of steel and steel wire.

I'm only halfway done with the red berry pies and I'm out of berries and sweet root and my coalworks isn't keeping up if I stay on top of stirring.

I blast a few AP/AC into mount banon to keep the coal going, with the added benefit of topping me up on carbon spheres to make steel products. I should probably bite the bullet and do some more coal but it's so expensive.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

H110Hawk posted:

Make Engines. Also don't void those bolts.

This.

Basically don’t void these:

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Ok I'm glad the quest that involved dumping over a hundred million silver ended up giving it back with interest

Also large island get, this is making the big bucks

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005

Ruggan posted:

This.

Basically don’t void these:

I really wish everything that requires transistors outside of engines didn't also need copper

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
Copper is such a pain I've resorted to dumping 19 belt drives into the well each day for a shot a few supplemental spools of it.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Welp, time to buy lottery tickets. Off of a random tap during spamming mealworms.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I tried to play today and got Buddy shaking a finger at me. What is going on ?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

obi_ant posted:

I tried to play today and got Buddy shaking a finger at me. What is going on ?

Did you try and macro?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

Did you try and macro?

Nope. It’s working now so it’s weird.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
:toot: Thanks for all the grapes. I will still be baking pies just as a cash crop but not nearly at the same pace. Plus they like surprising us with them as quest items. Basically I will continue to accept grapes graciously but I don't "need" them per se.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Is the "town person of the day" randomly generated for each player? I think I have Ric Ralph at least twice a week.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Twincityhacker posted:

Is the "town person of the day" randomly generated for each player? I think I have Ric Ralph at least twice a week.

I've gotten Ric seemingly 2x as much as anyone else in the past 2 weeks. I'm not sure if they're building for something or RNG is just that random. I feed him buckets and unpolished shimmer stones.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

H110Hawk posted:

I've gotten Ric seemingly 2x as much as anyone else in the past 2 weeks. I'm not sure if they're building for something or RNG is just that random. I feed him buckets and unpolished shimmer stones.

I give him worms. Unfortunately you cannot be a negative friendship, but I keep trying with him.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Twincityhacker posted:

I give him worms. Unfortunately you cannot be a negative friendship, but I keep trying with him.

Does it actually go down levels?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This is some loving grade A bullshit right here.

I legit waited weeks for cutlasses to show up in the exchange center and I only needed one more round to be done with that stupid rear end quest.

Fuckin bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

You'll need more later