Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Equeen posted:

Really liked that as soon as Yor got sober, she was like “oh making up gripes in my perfectly fine fake marriage is silly, I’m going home.”

She ran out of strength

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Who knew a chapter so light on Anya could be so good. Not that I'm gripping.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Gyges posted:

Who knew a chapter so heavy on Yuri could be so good. Not that I'm gripping.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

itt: posters who are definitely not gripping it to yuri

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Equeen posted:

Really liked that as soon as Yor got sober, she was like “oh making up gripes in my perfectly fine fake marriage is silly, I’m going home.”

I think I speak for everyone when I say we've all been there

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Finally! Twilight vs Yuri! An actual conflict between the two that has been set up for a while.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

What would be funnier: Yuri marrying Nightfall and her becoming Anya's aunt or Yuri marrying Handler and her becoming Anya's aunt?

I know none of these characters have ever met, and will probably never meet, I'm just trying to hypothetically decide which pairing provides the most long term comedy potential.

I'm personally leaning towards Yuri and Handler, because that would also mean more dog rivalry jokes.

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

, I'm just trying to hypothetically decide which pairing provides the most long term comedy potential.

Scruffy x Handler

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Obviously Yuri X Nightfall is the more comedic with each of them being obsessed with a different one of Anya's parents.

Handler doesn't deserve any part of being around Yuri's shenanigans.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Yuri and Nightfall in a parallel sham-to-real marriage

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Nightfall x Daybreak is my OTP.

They're the modern Android 18 and Krillin.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
I'm pre-shipping YurixNightfall

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

TwoPair posted:

Hey, Krillin is actually useful and competent even when outclassed by half a bajillion power level points. (obligatory power level are BS comment but poor dude was always outclassed)
For the moment Daybreak is only useful as the local Wimp-Lo joke.

E: but apart from that I'm not against Nightfall X Daybreak, I'm sure she could whip him into shape and/or he could get her to relax a lot.

E2: from post below:

Darth Walrus posted:

Pretty sure that's more Nightfall/Franky. Scruffy is as Krillin as they come.

Dude completely outclassed by the monsters around him but he still manages to keep afloat by guile and a lot of chutzpah. Why didn't I see the comparison myself?

Omobono fucked around with this message at 11:40 on May 17, 2023

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

TwoPair posted:

Pretty sure that's more Nightfall/Franky. Scruffy is as Krillin as they come.

I'm not really expecting a love interest for Yuri. He's that particular balance of superficially cool and competent/internally a complete mess that usually means a character exists only for the story to light-heartedly poo poo on him. On the other hand, Franky feels like he's the sort of character to get development and its attendant narrative rewards.

fizzy posted:

Scruffy x Handler

Gotta admit, this does strike a pretty good balance of 'completely insane' and 'strangely plausible'.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Let's see, on one side we have Daybreak, Yuri, and Franky, and on the other Nightfall and Handler. Clearly we need to add another lady and have a group date with everyone.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Mraagvpeine posted:

Let's see, on one side we have Daybreak, Yuri, and Franky, and on the other Nightfall and Handler. Clearly we need to add another lady and have a group date with everyone.

Diamen's mom will be lady number 3 after she either divorces Diamen's dad and then one of those three dudes gets to become Diamen's stepfather, shenanigans ensue.

Daybreak would be good for Nightfall, she's desperately in need of someone who can help her lighten up.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Jeez, all this shipping, and it's all just straight ships? How low tier.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Fangz posted:

Shoot, you're right, Scruffy and Yuri IS the most hilarious comedy couple option and I was a fool not to see it sooner

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
I was going to ship Becky's butler lady with the headmaster since they seem to know each other, but she could also pair up with Demian's mom, since she looks like she could turn any goons that Donovan sends their way into fine marinara sauce.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
Yor X Nightfall
Yuri X Daybreak
Twilight X Donovan Desmond

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Yuri x The mass grave for him and his fash buddies.

The mass grave can have a colorful bow to fit with the mostly comedic and family friendly tone.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Fangz posted:

Handler and Damien's mom will get over their individual traumas by being very good friends and lifelong roommates in Rome. Anya and Damien will visit frequently while in college, giving rise to hilarious hijinks as Damien is oblivious and Anya is overwhelmed by the thoughts. Which is fine, because after college she'll realize that Becky was always the love of her life.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I could see a Scruffy X Daybreak ship, since it would give Scruffy a chance to be the competent one.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Fangz posted:

Truth be told, with all the covert ops, I'm not entirely sure if non-heterosexual relationships could openly survive in this setting.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

loid will somehow end up having dinner with both nightfall and daybreak. loid knows that daybreak is a spy, but i don't think he knows his identity as being daybreak. he will convey the knowledge of daybreak's being a spy to nightfall, who will then misinterpret the information as daybreak being a master of his craft

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

TwoPair posted:

Their names even match thematically! It's like pottery, it rims!

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

CommissarMega posted:

Their names even match thematically! It's like pottery, it rims!

This is a manga, not a doujin, sir.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Martha x Shopkeeper is my OTP.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Don't think this got posted here. Behold the might of the JSDF

https://twitter.com/NAMELESS_JSDF/status/1644165538405400577

*edit* youtube video with timestamp of her dorm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjDsiiQ4KQM&t=373s

Korthal fucked around with this message at 06:26 on May 27, 2023

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I want that Bond plush

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Driving a tank and getting to have a room covered in plushes? She's living Anya's dream.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Chapter 81 is up. (Mangaplus link)

Mainly setup chapter, I assume we'll get into superspy shenanigans soon;

now is Wheeler a double agent or is this an n-uple agent setup, where n is bullshit high greater than 2?

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Calling it now, Wheeler's contact on the last page is actually Loid

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the one he approached was yuri, so that wheeler is definitely loid. his job is to stall the stasi, not infiltrate them or catch wheeler.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
I think the Wheeler is the real one. The Yuri is actually Loid in disguise.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that doesn't make any sense at all.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

I'm going with the most gonzo explanation that every single person in those last few shots is a WISE agent and it turns into a bizarre take on the Man Who Was Thursday.

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

e:

Tree Goat fucked around with this message at 01:34 on May 29, 2023

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Omnicrom posted:

I'm going with the most gonzo explanation that every single person in those last few shots is a WISE agent and it turns into a bizarre take on the Man Who Was Thursday.

Go full on plasticman and nobody is actually Twilight in the last few shots but the sheer paranoia that any of them could be will cause the group to fall apart due to fear of treachery.