Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Watch me pull my dongle out of this tiny box

WebDO posted:

Didn't they make this mine Bitcoin in the background for the programmer or some equally dumb poo poo?

They didn't have it mining anything... yet. But they got bought by a crypto firm, and installed a wallet by default. It's still removable, last I checked (my desktop is in storage while we redo my basement floor after a flood). They're insistent on not creating an ad-free usage path, however, which is more frustrating than anything. For the utility, I'd easily pay $50+.

When I'm booted to Fedora, Waydroid works well enough, fortunately. And without the insane ads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

is KOTOR playable without any of the above porting? or in this case porting of a port back to where it came from?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Sleekly posted:

is KOTOR playable without any of the above porting? or in this case porting of a port back to where it came from?

I remember an old post saying everything handle pretty well except the racing minigame. You are forced into a single race but after that you never have to play it again.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Shwqa posted:

I remember an old post saying everything handle pretty well except the racing minigame. You are forced into a single race but after that you never have to play it again.

thanks, gels with what else ive gathered ie tie fighting sucks. i somehow missed this game what with life and all so might give it a go

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Shwqa posted:

I had issues with the shooting minigame, only tried it once though.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

AlexDeGruven posted:

They didn't have it mining anything... yet. But they got bought by a crypto firm, and installed a wallet by default. It's still removable, last I checked (my desktop is in storage while we redo my basement floor after a flood). They're insistent on not creating an ad-free usage path, however, which is more frustrating than anything. For the utility, I'd easily pay $50+.

When I'm booted to Fedora, Waydroid works well enough, fortunately. And without the insane ads.

Doesnt' android emulation have actual VM solutions for free, like Genymotion? Or are all of those free ones even more shady than Bluestacks these days?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Doesnt' android emulation have actual VM solutions for free, like Genymotion? Or are all of those free ones even more shady than Bluestacks these days?

Most of them are shady in some way, I think LDPlayer might be the least? But all of them, including BlueStacks are just headless VirtualBox images when it comes down to it, with the exception of WSA and Google's own Play PC which both use Hyper-V

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Also fwiw, the developers made sure the android versions of the Kotor games could have the fan patches applied to them, so for example the Android port of Kotor 2 launched with all the cut content left in the apk:

https://screenrant.com/install-star-wars-kotors-community-patch-android/

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

edit: weird Google Play Games glitch on PC but I think I'm not understanding how something is supposed to work

teethgrinder fucked around with this message at 04:28 on May 11, 2023

mirror123
Jan 17, 2006
rice barrel
Anyone know what the difference between the free version of Brotato and premium is? It doesn't seem to be limited to just having no ads as there is some currency going on in the free version. There's also a "VIP" IAP but it costs the same as buying premium.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
e: wrong thread

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I've got $5 in Google play credit - what is everyone's top of class vertical format game? I've been playing super auto pets, slice and dice (both landscape) and pawnbarian.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Vampire Survivors.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Dawncaster

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

CainFortea posted:

Dawncaster

Yeah this is mine as well. I still come back to it every couple of months and fall back in love with it, it's still a lot of fun making absolutely broken decks. Spent many a-night staying up in bed till 2AM because I got a good deck going and don't want to stop.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Alucard posted:

I've got $5 in Google play credit - what is everyone's top of class vertical format game? I've been playing super auto pets, slice and dice (both landscape) and pawnbarian.

You Must Build A Boat

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

Alucard posted:

VelociBacon posted:

You Must Build A Boat

^

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Alucard posted:

Pocket city 2!

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
YMBAB belongs in the mobile gaming canon and I'm sad the developers later games never reached the same quality.

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

Alucard posted:

Brotato.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Alucard posted:

Solitairica with the class unlocks

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Thanks for the recs! I grabbed dawncaster because I've already got vampire survivors and YMBAB, and as far as I can tell brotato is landscape and solitarica doesn't work on newer phones.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Alucard posted:

Thanks for the recs! I grabbed dawncaster because I've already got vampire survivors and YMBAB, and as far as I can tell brotato is landscape and solitarica doesn't work on newer phones.

What in the fresh hell is this? Seriously?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah I don't think that game has been updated in a very long time

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

This nifty thing finally got an Android version. I don't really have a use for it now but wanted one back when they were iPhone-only. Might grab one though if my girlfriend's kid starts hogging the TV.

https://blog.playstation.com/2023/05/23/backbone-one-playstation-edition-launches-on-android-today/

Silius
Apr 24, 2010

Alucard posted:

I just booted up Solitarica on my new Galaxy S23 Ultra and it works fine on my end!

Also wanted to a recommendation of Stacks:Space
Stacklands knock off that is really great. They say it's mainly for tablet use but I was using my S-pen with it and it played fine. I can imagine it being difficult to grab cards with your finger though.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=io.itch.stacksengine.stacksspace

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

Penetration is the key to success
College Slice

Alucard posted:

I've been replaying solitarica on an S21 and it works fine for me

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Pixel 7 pro here and it says "no"

Silius
Apr 24, 2010

Alucard posted:

Pixel 7 pro here and it says "no"

What if you try to sideload it?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I don't think turning the phone on it's side is going to help.

Silius
Apr 24, 2010

CainFortea posted:

I don't think turning the phone on it's side is going to help.

:cheers:

imnotinsane
Jul 19, 2006
Any recommendations for simple games that you can play while listening to an audiobook or podcast. Something to keep you kinda engaged but you don't have to focus on it to much.

I kinda defaulted to Subway Surfers but the constant ad breaks between games always cause the audio to stop and start and between their monthly updates of new courses they seem to introduce additional audio bugs that mess up what I'm listening to.

Games like vampire survivor are probably a little too intense to multi task. Probably don't want card games, just kinda infinite run games or simple puzzle stuff

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Alucard posted:

solitarica doesn't work on newer phones.

works on my s21 but the aspect ratio is off with no way to change it (clips off the sides of the board)

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

imnotinsane posted:

Any recommendations for simple games that you can play while listening to an audiobook or podcast. Something to keep you kinda engaged but you don't have to focus on it to much.

I kinda defaulted to Subway Surfers but the constant ad breaks between games always cause the audio to stop and start and between their monthly updates of new courses they seem to introduce additional audio bugs that mess up what I'm listening to.

Games like vampire survivor are probably a little too intense to multi task. Probably don't want card games, just kinda infinite run games or simple puzzle stuff

i get a bunch of mileage out of hungry cat picross whenever it updates, other than that peglin is fairly easy to listen to a podcast with because its turn based and part of it is just watching the ball bounce

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

imnotinsane posted:

Dungeon Warfare 1 and/or 2.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

imnotinsane posted:

Slice and dice! Made by one of us!

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Field Mousepad posted:

Slice and dice! Made by one of us!

One of us! One of us!

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

You must build a boat is also goonmade isn't it? Yes I rec it in every thread, YMBAB till I'm dead

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

quite stretched out posted:

i get a bunch of mileage out of hungry cat picross whenever it updates, other than that peglin is fairly easy to listen to a podcast with because its turn based and part of it is just watching the ball bounce

It just never stops being fun

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Arms_Akimbo posted:

It just never stops being fun

Yo, you need to go to the shop.