Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Has anybody brought up Spa yet? I bet I'm the first to think of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
If it's warm enough it could be a spa day.

F1 youtube put up a video of battles at Imola and the 2005 Alonso Schumacher fight was on another level. I also think that the camera work from back then is a lot better than the current stuff. Really sells how goddamn fast they're going.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 00:36 on May 17, 2023

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

ilmucche posted:

Weirdly enough the spa farce was actually compelling because of this thread and the fact we shitposted for like 4 hours through it

The real Grand Prix is the friends we posted with along the way :)

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
They should run in the rain, the drivers are gladiators

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.
I stumbled across this on YouTube and found it rather...disturbing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmjJQ0mgIhI

I mean, the video and advertisement for whatever they're selling is cringe enough, but the top comment was particularly alarming.

I thought it was kind of a joke, but maybe I shouldn't be surprised that fans referring themselves as the "Orange Army" might be domestic terrorists.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

FAUXTON posted:

let's see newey's bullshit work under water

He did literally design a boat didn't he?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

He did literally design a boat didn't he?

was it a submarine

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

FAUXTON posted:

was it a submarine

It was one of those racing catamaran things and I think they won that year.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

MustardFacial posted:

It was one of those racing catamaran things and I think they won that year.

so you're saying it stayed above water

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

Personal Lucubrant posted:

I thought it was kind of a joke, but maybe I shouldn't be surprised that fans referring themselves as the "Orange Army" might be domestic terrorists.

The Dutch supporters going en masse to huge sports events are being called Orange Legion (and I guess army in some occassions) for decades and are known for being all friendly and cozy singing along without realhostile intent (ofcourse there are alcohol induced incidents to find if you really want to). It's mainly a football soccer thing but some now and then you see this happening in other disciplines as well when Dutch tend to perform well. They're mostly harmless, glory seeking family event trippers. Fanatical club supporters and hooligans or even amongst serious sport fans who know what's up look down on those happy chappy dressed up clowns and being associated with the Orange Legion/Army is in these circles is an insult

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

ilmucche posted:

Weirdly enough the spa farce was actually compelling because of this thread and the fact we shitposted for like 4 hours through it

Spa was the absolute peak of the internal injuries crew going insane so not sure about that

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Monstaland posted:

The Dutch supporters going en masse to huge sports events are being called Orange Legion (and I guess army in some occassions) for decades and are known for being all friendly and cozy singing along without realhostile intent (ofcourse there are alcohol induced incidents to find if you really want to). It's mainly a football soccer thing but some now and then you see this happening in other disciplines as well when Dutch tend to perform well. They're mostly harmless, glory seeking family event trippers. Fanatical club supporters and hooligans or even amongst serious sport fans who know what's up look down on those happy chappy dressed up clowns and being associated with the Orange Legion/Army is in these circles is an insult

loving lol at this utterly clueless post.

https://nltimes.nl/2022/07/11/dutch-fans-accused-sexual-harassment-racism-homophobia-austrian-grand-prix

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Skarsnik posted:

Spa was the absolute peak of the internal injuries crew going insane so not sure about that

I too am still mad about a nebulous group of people mildly overreacting to a nasty crash over a year ago

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Mildly is putting it lightly, that style of posting utterly ruined this thread for months and thankfully most of the posters from then got bored of DTS last season

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

Nice strawman chief

But seriously, i do think that Dutch success in F1 do attract a certain type of lovely male audience. I mean, i see it in front of my eyes the way these degenerates comment on my son's red bull cap combined with his ferrari hoody. Auto sports over here tend to be dominated by white lower educated conservative males who hates Hamilton

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Anime Store Adventure posted:

I too am still mad about a nebulous group of people mildly overreacting to a nasty crash over a year ago

Internal brain bleeding claims another victim :ohdear:

fr though, those posts were so lame they are sadly memorable

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Has anyone considered not placing race tracks near easily flooding rivers.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Replace next 3 weekends with Suzuka for 3 weekends.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

refleks posted:

Has anyone considered not placing race tracks near easily flooding rivers.

Keeping tracks away from places likely to flood would mean no racing in the Nether…great idea let’s do it

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Thats outside Red Bulls Hotel

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Ahhhh its always great to see people comment about Spa and how Max got illegal points rewarded for a faux win. But Lewis also got free points for third place. They rather ignore that because it begs the question who got second place ? Was it Bottas or Checo ? No it was George in his shtbox Williams who demolished Lewis in his rocket car in Q3. And we all know what Lewis did in Imola that year on raceday on a damp track. All in all Lewis benefited greatly for being awarded points for an extremely lackluster qualification and probable disaster on raceday in the wet trying to catch Max just like in Imola that year. We saw last year just how phenomenal Max is around Spa.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Safety car race again a la spa... has whinger spice told liberty thats whats going to happen?

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Looks like a decision is going to be made at 2pm local time, so in like just over an hour.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Can believe Red Bull sister team Alpha Tauri would purposefully flood an entire region to keep :lando: from scoring points

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/F1/status/1658793544918679553

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Booo

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

F1alures

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The only good circuit and it gets cancelled

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Man, F1 sure hosed up this years schedule.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

23 races and they can't plan around the weather

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

i am pretty confident lewis would have got in there so give him full points imo

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

that's fine, i hate this sport

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

cancel the whole season, imo

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
Latest bulletin from the air force says this is not the worst and it will continue for at least ten days. Unless the FIA mandates air independent propulsion, i don't see any viable options to race.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Dammed if they do..... dammed if they don't....

I'm not sorry

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Skarsnik posted:

i am pretty confident lewis would have got in there so give him full points imo

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Skarsnik posted:

i am pretty confident lando would have got in there so give him full points imo

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I feel like there has been basically no racing and it’s almost June wtf

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Eagerly awaiting the announcement that it will be run as a virtual race instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

LeeMajors posted:

I feel like there has been basically no racing and it’s almost June wtf

there won't be any 'racing' until fraudulent red bull is penalized for cheating