Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Anyone remember Arc Raiders? It was announced as a co-op TPS with an emphasis on emergent physics combat against giant robots and had a pretty showy reveal a couple years back. Welp, it's an extraction shooter now, which seems like a bad idea but we'll see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

fit em all up in there posted:

Fanatical Play on the go bundle: (2 for $6.99/3 for $9.99/$14.99)
hmmm might get Lair of the Clockwork God, From Space, There is No Light, and Patch Quest from this, i'll just have to think of the last one. maybe tunche?

i can recommend Jack Move, Spookware, and Haven Park -- very different experiences of course (short JRPG, warioware, and tiny 'short hike'-style life sim, respectively)

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I think the upcoming Starship Troopers game will be out tomorrow.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Scalding Coffee posted:

Yes, but it’s early access. I like Starship Troopers enough though that I might buy it anyways depending on reviews.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Is that the RTS? I feel like there’s multiple in development and I’ve lost track.

E: Oh the big-ish horde shooter. Would be cool if that works and lives for more than a month, 16 random people is a big ask for a nobody indie game.

Orv fucked around with this message at 03:47 on May 17, 2023

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The recent RTS was pretty good and had a lot of heart but you can definitely feel the lack of budget

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Oh man a new Starship Troopers fps?

Can't be any worse than the 2005 one right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_Sk-fHzXfc

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

No Wave posted:

It is tuesday my dudes

Long has it been since I've heard this

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Scalding Coffee posted:

It's obviously based on Starship Troopers 2 movie, right?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Tiny Timbs posted:

The recent RTS was pretty good and had a lot of heart but you can definitely feel the lack of budget

Yeah I liked it quite a lot but it was a little barebones. It did a lot with what it had though.

An FPS, idk. Even in the movies the troopers shot the bugs by just holding down the trigger til they finally fell over. I can't imagine that it's going to be a super punchy feeling shooter.

E. Looked up a trailer and sign me up for the psychic corps because I was right. Video of players magdumping into every single bug while backing up and trying to circle strafe. It seems like the defensive building part of the game is going to be what carries it. Also someone call Bungie because their ODST troops broke containment and are spreading to other games.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 14:30 on May 17, 2023

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

The 7th Guest posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPIbGnBQcJY

a reminder that this was presented by Peter as if it was a real thing, a real thing that they did, that existed and was real, and powered by the Xbox 360
It was not real

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUL8UDVVJSA

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

actually sony announced an event next week so I guess I'll have to set up the Summer Game Fest thread this week anyway. so yea there's a Humble showcase tomorrow and I guess I can consider that part of it. i'm really hoping they give out dates for Bushiden and Monaco 2. Bushiden was supposed to come out last year and since then it's been radio silence

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Been waiting for Bushiden for a while now, hopefully i still care by the time it comes out and that it feels good to play

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

it was real

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugjvWw4Hbg0

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Skittles was real and my friend <:mad:>

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Of course its real, Milo didn't do his homework, which is very realistic for a virtual boy trapped inside a computer.

Also Molyneux literally points out a scene and says it wasn't acted, what more proof do you want?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Milo is real and has been trapped forever in cyberspace now that the game was canceled

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
People on Steam seem down on that reborn Hawken.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Milo is real and has been trapped forever in cyberspace now that the game was canceled

he is never, ever going to finish that homework assignment. really sad.

look at this emergent emotion i am feeling all these years later without even playing the game. molyneux is actually a genius.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Mordja posted:

People on Steam seem down on that reborn Hawken.

Not surprising when the devs implement a cash shop that sells equipment in early access.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Deakul posted:

Not surprising when the devs implement a cash shop that sells equipment in early access.

A cash shop that according to the reviews was implemented before a functioning mouse sensitivity slider.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

CuddleCryptid posted:

A cash shop that according to the reviews was implemented before a functioning mouse sensitivity slider.

well yeah otherwise how would you charge for the mouse sensitivity slider?

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Deakul posted:

Now let me tell you about Star Citizen...

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/may-multiplayer-madness?partner=nintendeal

$12 for

quote:

Destiny 2:beyond light
Borderlands 3 super deluxe edition
Gloria victas
PULSAR:lost colony
Midnight ghost hunt
Northguard
Generation zero

$8 option with 3 games also available

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

I've been playing a lot of Nordic Ashes lately. It's an auto-shooter (as everything seems to be these days), but unlike Vampire Survivors, it has character skill trees reminiscent of Skyrim which allow you to plan out your build each run.
The grind for all the different costumes is a little annoying, but the character art is so nice that it's worth it.
Also the shopkeeper, Gnöki, is adorable.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Deakul posted:

From the first review :

quote:

The cheapest pack gives you 1100 cash currency but the mech is priced at 1179

classic cash shop lol

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Yea was excited to play hawken again, got about 8 minutes in and uninstalled. They really had something fun before, shame they wasted it to turn into generic shlock.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
V Rising just got an incredibly huge patch, overhauling castles, and adding new spells, weapons, two new biomes/maps, legendary weapons, a spell modifier system, and a bunch of other stuff. Game is on sale to celebrate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mckoDZzvc-M

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1604030/V_Rising/

Thread for anyone interested: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4003177&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

mystes
May 31, 2006

Placid plastic duck simulator apparently has online multiplayer support now

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

Yea was excited to play hawken again, got about 8 minutes in and uninstalled. They really had something fun before, shame they wasted it to turn into generic shlock.
The first Hawken was fun with a really great aesthetic but then they just kind of...never updated it meaningfully and dropped it after a few months as I recall. From what I've heard of the new one, it's a straight up terrible game trying to capitalize on a mostly-forgotten IP that nobody asked for. Wouldn't be surprised if it's just canned, all told.

Countblanc posted:

V Rising just got an incredibly huge patch, overhauling castles, and adding new spells, weapons, two new biomes/maps, legendary weapons, a spell modifier system, and a bunch of other stuff. Game is on sale to celebrate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mckoDZzvc-M

Thread for anyone interested: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4003177&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1
Probably the first survival game I could see myself playing after it leaves EA because the combat actually seems pretty good. Does it have any sort of story/end goal or is it pure sandbox?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Lol I just realized that I guess I'm always attracted to the losers. Games I dug:

Hawken
Blacklight Retribution
Fractured Space
Lawbreakers (only played beta, didn't buy)
Section 8: Prejudice
Crysis Multiplayer

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

The Mighty Moltres posted:

I've been playing a lot of Nordic Ashes lately. It's an auto-shooter (as everything seems to be these days), but unlike Vampire Survivors, it has character skill trees reminiscent of Skyrim which allow you to plan out your build each run.
The grind for all the different costumes is a little annoying, but the character art is so nice that it's worth it.

Thanks for linking. Instabuy for me.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Mordja posted:

Lol I just realized that I guess I'm always attracted to the losers. Games I dug:

Hawken
Blacklight Retribution
Fractured Space
Crysis Multiplayer

did you get into hellgate london

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Mordja posted:

Hawken
Blacklight Retribution
Fractured Space
Crysis Multiplayer

Hey buddy, Blacklight: Retribution was a lot of things but it wasn't a loser!!!

Orv
May 4, 2011

bbcisdabomb posted:

It has some cool ideas but its monetization was really bad.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

bbcisdabomb posted:

The breech-loading pistol with flechettes could make people so mad

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?

Mordja posted:

Hawken
Blacklight Retribution
Fractured Space
Crysis Multiplayer

To add to this list:

Lawbreakers (i actually did buy it in my case)
Brink / Dirty Bomb
Tom Clancy Ghost Recon Phantoms
Guns of Icarus
APB Reloaded
Tribes Ascend
Defiance
Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex First Assault
Spiral Knights
Due Process (hoping this gets some attention)

FutureCop fucked around with this message at 02:30 on May 18, 2023

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:

The Mighty Moltres posted:

Having just 100%'d Vampire Survivors, I'm a bit burnt out on the genre right now, but definitely putting on my wishlist for later. Thanks!

Countblanc posted:

Likewise, a bit vampire'd out, but gonna put this back on my wishlist.

Jossar fucked around with this message at 02:44 on May 18, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Orv posted:

It has some cool ideas but its monetization was really bad.
it can't be that bad - my brother made $1,000 playing it.