Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (June 13, 2001)

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Fingerpori

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
Krazy Kat(December 3, 1916)

Little Nemo(April 29, 1906)

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Apr. 14, 1957)

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Every time Val pulls a huge trick he is always so happy. :3: That wink!!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Lmao Val.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

val has a masters in starting poo poo

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Phoni

Rhymes with Orange

Get Perspective 5/16/03

Brenda Starr 12/28-30/50

He's a passive amnesiac still carrying a torch for someone else, she's in love with the person he used to be, it's gonna be a great marriage!

Smokey Stover 9/12/54

Everyday Movies 6/2/36

"Nize goods in dese two soots. Both imported -- especially dis vun."

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 6/26-28/41

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Selachian posted:

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 6/26-28/41

How will Scarlet get out of this jam?!?!?!?

Oh, she just got out. :geno:

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1943

Pluggers

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

LOL. For the interested and uninterested alike "Trendig Bokhylla" is Swedish for "Trendy Bookshelf" which is the type of short description IKEA loves to throw on things. Fits perfectly for the morons at Grumbel.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Is this man’s hatred for Gil Thorp so great that he is flying to Korea to pick up a new player for his high school baseball team?

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Green Intern posted:

Is this man’s hatred for Gil Thorp so great that he is flying to Korea to pick up a new player for his high school baseball team?

Where else are you going to find enough demons for your baseball team?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Ghostlight posted:

val has a masters in starting poo poo

this would be a good new thread title.

if we could add something about aleta too though. she starts poo poo and the men fawn over her in an attempt to get more poo poo started.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Medenmath posted:

Vintage Valiant (Apr. 14, 1957)

I guess I was wrong about Val's plan here. Must have been remembering a different story.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

BigglesSWE posted:

I’m not quite as enamoured with John Allison’s stuff as many of of you, but I can’t help but love the fake Springsteen and E Street Band he’s got going here.

As Allison himself admitted, they were pulled directly from Marvel comics of the era (Transformers comics, but Marvel nonetheless)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

WTF did I do to deserve this, Windows?

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Kavak posted:

I have never used a VPN so I have no idea what's going on. :downs:

A VPN service is a handy thing to have (despite Imgur's sudden assholery about it) and I find it well worth the few bucks a month. Just pick a good one; I recommend either Mullvad or Proton.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

Those penguins are about to toss that seal in to be devoured for their entertainment. :ohdear:

In other news, I'm going to be vacationing in the wilderness for the next couple of days, so expect a slight disruption in your Family Circus delivery pipeline.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Powered Descent posted:

A VPN service is a handy thing to have (despite Imgur's sudden assholery about it) and I find it well worth the few bucks a month. Just pick a good one; I recommend either Mullvad or Proton.

Proton also has a freebie tier, which is how I found out last night that it still plays nice with imgur (at the moment).

Mutts

Sally Forth

Skippy (June 13, 1935)

Peanuts (May 19, 1976)

Crankshaft

Tomorrow: the trip to the liquor store!

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (December 16, 1939)

Out Our Way (October 27-29, 1941)

(Just in case, all of the above in handy Discord form.)

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Jucika "21 - Jucika and the Heat"

Ah, the first equal opportunity lewd strip. I love the respectfulness characters show in this strip!

"22 - Jucika and "Romeo""

I also love that Jucika isn't above being the butt of the joke. :3:

One of these days I hope JR draws on panel what this guy does to be such a legendary vandal. Or maybe that'd ruin the magic? I'm picturing a truly ridiculous bar brawl incited by an inebriated tongue.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

EasyEW posted:

Crankshaft

Tomorrow: the trip to the liquor store!

Ah, good. More of the bus belching carbon dioxide into the air so that a crotchety old fart can feel like he's useful.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Julet Esqu posted:

Gotta show somehow that her lovely teen talks like a dumb kid, even though they would be pronounced the same so you wouldn't really be able to tell...

But why don't people get mad when Out Our Way does it? Though I suppose I've also been interpreting this same thing in OOW as all the people that don't use "hafta" enunciating very properly and sounding all mid-atlantic because it's old timey.

then again FOOB itself is old enough to HAVE cultural memories of that sort of thing right

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Author intent. When JR writes dialogue it's how the character talks. When Foob writes dialogue it's to let you know that these drat kids are idiots.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Good Sufferin' Gosh

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Doomykins posted:

Author intent. When JR writes dialogue it's how the character talks. When Foob writes dialogue it's to let you know that these drat kids are idiots.

see this is what i was thinking, but then I started doubting and thinking "well what if Sister does just talk like Brother but he uses the eye dialect with Brother to emphasize how he's a messy kid"

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Heart of the City

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Ah, good. More of the bus belching carbon dioxide into the air so that a crotchety old fart can feel like he's useful.

We went back and forth about that in the Discord, and there's a possibility that using the bus for one passenger would be over legal liabilities and insurance. Not that I think that much thought went into it, but TomBat was connected with a school system for awhile, so there's a chance he'd be aware of something like that.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Gil Thorp

Home Free

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i hate luann so much i hate everything about it

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Mister Olympus posted:

But why don't people get mad when Out Our Way does it? Though I suppose I've also been interpreting this same thing in OOW as all the people that don't use "hafta" enunciating very properly and sounding all mid-atlantic because it's old timey.

then again FOOB itself is old enough to HAVE cultural memories of that sort of thing right

I can't get mad at either until we as a world address that the real enemy is Zippy the Pinhead and th'.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Vargo posted:

Breaking Cat News

I always loved this one.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Haraiso Days

Cthulhu and Girl

Bardiche Hotel

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

the bear is absolutely going to get roped into the crime man's adventures, most likely by mistaking a precious gemstone for dessert and swallowing it

perhaps they will be friends

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Giant Ethicist posted:

Bardiche Hotel

[Cherokee Jack voice] Yeah...I'm Donny Montana.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 9/28-30/50

Archie 5/25/47

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mark Trail

Everybody's really acting calm considering there's an angry bear there.

Mary Worth

If you are not constantly talking to the person you are with, you must be sad and bored.

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Nekonaughey

[Ochazuke is rice but you put tea on it for flavour, sake chazuke jazzes it up with salmon and seaweed and is often sold in small flavour packets]