Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

John David Washington is real goddamn boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Got a laugh at the fate of Los Angeles, but drat, that design feels like they're ripping off Dustin Nguyen's Descender comic super hard.

(Everyone, go read Dustin Nguyen and Jeff Lemire's Descender).

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

ruddiger posted:

Got a laugh at the fate of Los Angeles, but drat, that design feels like they're ripping off Dustin Nguyen's Descender comic super hard.

(Everyone, go read Dustin Nguyen and Jeff Lemire's Descender).

THAT’S what it was reminded me of. Hell yeah Descender / Ascender kick rear end

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
I'm surprised this isn't Neil Blomkampt. Anyway, yeah the story looks too cliche, but the art direction looks awesome.

Edit: I can’t remember anything about Midnight Special but for some reason that popped into my brain when I saw this.

Jewmanji fucked around with this message at 18:48 on May 17, 2023

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I actually like Washington, never totally got why people find him bland. I just don't trust Gareth edwards at all

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I actually like Washington, never totally got why people find him bland. I just don't trust Gareth edwards at all

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Was more on board before it became another protecting a little kid story. Corny reveal, corny character

But don't you get it? Kids are the future!

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
private! i am the us military! and i am ORDERING you to murder that child!

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Pretty clever of our AI overlords to make their ultimate weapon or whatever look like a young child.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
Here’s a new idea that’s never been explored in film: what’s the line between human and computer, and what’s our moral obligation to computers?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Jewmanji posted:

Here’s a new idea that’s never been explored in film: what’s the line between human and computer, and what’s our moral obligation to computers?

they made this already, it's called star wars

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

ruddiger posted:

Come to think of it, what did the bartender think the droids were going to order, shots of oil?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

davidspackage posted:

Come to think of it, what did the bartender think the droids were going to order, shots of oil?

There’s literally a robot bar in the latest season of Mandalorian, so maybe?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Thaddius the Large posted:

There’s literally a robot bar in the latest season of Mandalorian, so maybe?

Yeah they drink a special droid lubricant called nepenthé

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
What if humans were the bad guy.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

ruddiger posted:

Bender would never stand for this

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The return of Gareth Edwards is an event imo

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

I like JD Washington and this will prolly bomb, but it looks neat.

live with fruit posted:

Pretty clever of our AI overlords to make their ultimate weapon or whatever look like a young child.

they nuked LA, they were protecting humanity all along

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

kiimo posted:

Bender would never stand for this

he'd just open up his own

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

CelticPredator posted:

The return of Gareth Edwards is an event imo

Why was he in exile or whatever?

Didn’t he do Godzilla 2014? That redeems a lot imo unless I am not in the know

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
He was put in movie jail for rogue one

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

MacheteZombie posted:

He was put in movie jail for rogue one

:/ that’s one of the best Star Wars. Wow man.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

It's funny, because I saw this shot:

And thought it looked pretty drat similar to the Imperial Base shots from Rogue One that they shot in the London Underground seen here:

https://twitter.com/geegeemidnight/status/718074756038270977?s=20

Though obviously not the same exact spot or angle. And then the trailer came up with, "From the Director of Rogue One", and I thought, yup, there it is.

I may be wrong, or seeing connections that aren't there. But that is a Rogue One looking movie if I ever saw one.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 22:18 on May 17, 2023

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Gatts posted:

Why was he in exile or whatever?

Didn’t he do Godzilla 2014? That redeems a lot imo unless I am not in the know

Because rogue one was such a poo poo show for him he didn’t want to do any more big movies

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
And he was brought in to rescue RO at that. It wasn't even his poo poo show! (I think?)

And then of course Andor showed what he was capable of

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

BonoMan posted:

And he was brought in to rescue RO at that. It wasn't even his poo poo show! (I think?)

And then of course Andor showed what he was capable of

You’re thinking of Tony Gilroy, who “saved” rogue one from Edwards

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

CelticPredator posted:

You’re thinking of Tony Gilroy, who “saved” rogue one from Edwards

Oh lol yep that's it

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I don't like Star Wars, so I've never seen Rogue One - but The Creator seems cool af and I'll go see it in theaters.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Trailer looks good and if it's another solid sci fi action thriller like Oblivion or Edge of Tomorrow then I'll be happy. Also is that Martin Short playing the general?

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Mordiceius posted:

I don't like Star Wars, so I've never seen Rogue One - but The Creator seems cool af and I'll go see it in theaters.

tbh if someone who doesnt like star wars asked what star wars movie to watch, it'd be rogue one.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
They're nothing alike but this trailer reminds me of that movie the guy who directed Rise of the Planet of the Apes came out with a couple of years ago that I'm not 100% sure actually came out.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Carpet posted:

Trailer looks good and if it's another solid sci fi action thriller like Oblivion or Edge of Tomorrow then I'll be happy. Also is that Martin Short playing the general?

My thoughts exactly.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Ammanas posted:

tbh if someone who doesnt like star wars asked what star wars movie to watch, it'd be rogue one.

it is the best star war and this would be an act of kindness

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Rogue One is a garbage rear end movie and the existence of Andor should probably be a testament to what it would be like if it was good.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
Rogue One and TLJ are the only Star Wars movies outside the OT that aren't absolute hammered poo poo. I will never watch another star war.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Jewmanji posted:

Edit: I can’t remember anything about Midnight Special but for some reason that popped into my brain when I saw this.

It sucked.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Hakkesshu posted:

Rogue One is a garbage rear end movie and the existence of Andor should probably be a testament to what it would be like if it was good.

This is my take too, Andor is Rogue One But Good

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I enjoyed Rogue One, but Stellan Skarsgård’s big speech in Andor is better than anything in Rogue One.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GANo-qV__Rw

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Who are these giant babies talking poo poo about the best Star War and how do we make them stop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I loved Rogue One it baffles me why people don't like it