Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Meanwhile I found an armor set that needs 3 diamonds an 10 large zoanites for the final upgrade on each piece... not gonna bother with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
ToTK: a CIA op to make #warcrimes a useless hashtag

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FrickenMoron posted:

Meanwhile I found an armor set that needs 3 diamonds an 10 large zoanites for the final upgrade on each piece... not gonna bother with that.

Duplicate glitch that poo poo. No shame.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

FrickenMoron posted:

I mean I'm running around with 12 diamonds in my pocket after having sold ten of them a day ago. Large zonaite is even easier to get. As far as upgrades go getting diamond and zonaite is trivial. The real tricky poo poo is Hinox guts, lizard tails, and infinite aerocuda parts (but found out you can straight up but em,chat a lifesaver)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hahahaa the shrine at the sky labyrinth entrance in Akkala is loving awesome. Also getting here was a drat process.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Augus posted:

there’s a good chance you’re undergeared to fight it and should just ride past it to reach the horse, but if you want to fight it, use arrows with fire fruit attached to them and use the ruins scattered around to jump off of so you can get bullet time

Definitely undergeared one hit is enough to end me not even a grace heart.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Oh well, I've maxed out the stealth set to level 4 now. 48 def will do for a while I hope, I know the highest def sets have like 72 max.

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012

Gin_Rummy posted:

Question about a possible quest glitch. Spoilers for Hateno:

How am I supposed to interfere in these elections when I don’t even get the option to give a mushroom to Medda (the tomato farmer)? He just talks about his tomatoes and then I don’t get any dialogue options. Am I missing something here? He is the last mushroom I need to give out, and I’ve done pretty much every other quest for the Cece vs Reese plot.

I don't think Medda takes a mushroom, I was stuck on him for a long time too. Did you get all the elders? If you talk to Cece again she gives a hint about one that's easy to miss. And even then I had trouble finding him until I just camped out on his walking route for a while.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

FrickenMoron posted:

Oh well, I've maxed out the stealth set to level 4 now. 48 def will do for a while I hope, I know the highest def sets have like 72 max.

I upgraded the box art armor all the way and am now an unkillable god for non boss enemies.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

God drat the labyrinth is SO GOOD. oh god there’s more

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

I'm still on the first dungeon, and I saw this tweet and laughed.

https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1658368310663335936?s=20

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I'm having decision paralysis now that I've started finally unlocking armor upgrading. Considering the Desert Voe set but that's basically what I wore for a ton of BotW so I feel like I should go for something different. The Rito set is nice looking... and there's also the Hylian Soldier set which is beefy defensively but not the most exciting on fashion.

Also somehow still haven't found the chestpiece of the glowy Miner's set despite having the legs and helmet.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Is there anything that gives the ability to see the enemy's health numbers like the Champion's Tunic did in BotW? Neither the new Champion's Leathers or the OG Tunic seem to have that in this game and I kinda miss it.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I said come in! posted:

Duplicate glitch that poo poo. No shame.

oh poo poo I didn't know one was found for ToTK

also: lol

https://twitter.com/Switch_movie_SS/status/1658887089474404352?s=20

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I switch armor depending on what I'm doing. Occasionally I'll forget and pop into a cutscenes while wearing the wing suit so link just sands there in the cowboy pose looking like a spaceman from attack on Titan.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

LionArcher posted:

I'm still on the first dungeon, and I saw this tweet and laughed.

https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1658368310663335936?s=20

Jesus Christ :psyduck:

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

I’m really annoyed right now. I just spent nearly an hour trying to solve the puzzle in the shrine in Kakariko Village and decided to look it up. I kept coming so so close and just figured I had something slightly wrong.

Turns out there’s a glider in the game and it’s necessary to solve the puzzle. I haven’t read anything about the game at all and it feels sort of frustrating. I don’t remember ever being blocked in BotW in the same way.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Harriet Carker posted:

I’m really annoyed right now. I just spent nearly an hour trying to solve the puzzle in the shrine in Kakariko Village and decided to look it up. I kept coming so so close and just figured I had something slightly wrong.

Turns out there’s a glider in the game and it’s necessary to solve the puzzle. I haven’t read anything about the game at all and it feels sort of frustrating. I don’t remember ever being blocked in BotW in the same way.

Did you just completely not get the paraglider?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

oh poo poo I didn't know one was found for ToTK

Its kinda challenging to pull off but still easier than BotW. 1. equip material you want to duplicate to a bow. 2. drop the bow 3. equip another bow 4. press + twice really loving fast 5. drop that other bow to the ground 6. rinse and repeat

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

(Great fairy related quest spoilers but mostly about nerds on the internet) the French horn community is all agog at a French horn player being the subject of a quest and especially that he holds his horn correctly. But the part that makes me laugh is how he gets stuck in a hole and then instead of helping even slightly he just noodles on his horn and occasionally complains at you when you get to close to him while saving his rear end, this is exactly what horn players are like irl

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Harriet Carker posted:

:sickos:

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Spanish Manlove posted:

It's possible to do if you react to getting off Tutorial Island by immediately loving off rather than continuing to follow the plot breadcrumbs.

It's the game's only design misstep, IMO. They shouldn't have let you leave the island with any of your abilities missing. (Hell, the only reason I kept following the breadcrumbs long enough was that I quite specifically wanted my paraglider, and figured they'd give it to me if I kept following the yellow dots.)

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,
incineratin' and renegade 'em
I'm here to make anybody who
want it with the pen afraid
But don't nobody want it but
they're gonna get it anyway!

What's the best way to upgrade your battery? From what I understand, you need 300 zonaite for a third of a battery? I've only upgradef it once because I got a huge crystalized charge as a reward for a shrine or something.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oh my god playing without the glider lmao.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Spanish Manlove posted:

Yeah, I didn't even know there was one until I caved and looked up the shrine solution. How would I know? I still don't know where it is or how to get it (trying to discover things by myself).

Kakariko felt like a natural first destination after landing because the ring ruins are so noticeable.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I would imagine the natural first destination to be the giant marker on the map the story points you towards. Like even that first drop doesn’t leave you far from it! It’s the only objetive you have as you land.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

CapnAndy posted:

It's possible to do if you react to getting off Tutorial Island by immediately loving off rather than continuing to follow the plot breadcrumbs.

It's the game's only design misstep, IMO. They shouldn't have let you leave the island with any of your abilities missing. (Hell, the only reason I kept following the breadcrumbs long enough was that I quite specifically wanted my paraglider, and figured they'd give it to me if I kept following the yellow dots.)

Yeah the more I think about this the more I feel like this is an insane oversight and I have no idea how it got past playtesting. Like, isn't the whole point of BotW and TotK that you can just pick a direction and go find cool things to do? Now for every single puzzle in the game from here on out, I'll have to wonder if I am being dumb and don't know how solve it, or if I'm missing something critical with no indication that it's not currently possible.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I would imagine the natural first destination to be the giant marker on the map the story points you towards. Like even that first drop doesn’t leave you far from it!

I'm coming from BotW where it's like "Go to Ganon's Castle" and I didn't do that for over 100 hours. I had no reason to expect this game would be different.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Harriet Carker posted:

Yeah the more I think about this the more I feel like this is an insane oversight and I have no idea how it got past playtesting. Like, isn't the whole point of BotW and TotK that you can just pick a direction and go find cool things to do? Now for every single puzzle in the game from here on out, I'll have to wonder if I am being dumb and don't know how solve it, or if I'm missing something critical with no indication that it's not currently possible.

BOTW had literally 5 years of discourse regarding what the “go off” point was because while you could just gently caress off after the great plateau, the game’s story pushes you towards Hateno first at which point you would unlock the Sheika slate’s upgrades which make the rest of the game (and some shrines) considerably easier. This path is then littered with tutorial shrines.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

Harriet Carker posted:

Yeah, I didn't even know there was one until I caved and looked up the shrine solution. How would I know? I still don't know where it is or how to get it (trying to discover things by myself).

Kakariko felt like a natural first destination after landing because the ring ruins are so noticeable.

I figure Lookout Landing would be the natural first destination as you land right in front of it and when falling from the tutorial island it focuses on it for a moment.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Harriet Carker posted:

Follow the yellow plot dot until it splits into four destinations instead of just one. They want you to head to your hub town and learn some stuff about the towers too.

How are you even using towers without the paraglider? Have you been revealing your map at all?

Gin_Rummy
Aug 4, 2007

MiracleFlare posted:

I don't think Medda takes a mushroom, I was stuck on him for a long time too. Did you get all the elders? If you talk to Cece again she gives a hint about one that's easy to miss. And even then I had trouble finding him until I just camped out on his walking route for a while.

But if you check online guides for the quest they all say he takes one? I have literally all but him.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

CapnAndy posted:

Follow the yellow plot dot until it splits into four destinations instead of just one. They want you to head to your hub town and learn some stuff about the towers too.

How are you even using towers without the paraglider? Have you been revealing your map at all?

Nope, I got to a tower and a Rito told me to go to Lookout Landing. The door opened but I couldn't go up. I don't know where that is and figured I'd find it eventually.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Harriet Carker posted:

you didn't think the bustling town that the game forcefully points the camera towards which is approximately 3 feet away from where you initially land was a natural first destination?

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Fake James posted:

I figure Lookout Landing would be the natural first destination as you land right in front of it and when falling from the tutorial island it focuses on it for a moment.

I guess I missed that. All I remember is diving into a lake, getting out, and the first thing I noticed was a stable off in the distance. I made my way there, and everyone was talking about the Ring Ruins, which sounded cool, so I headed in that direction.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
I also immediately hosed off without the glider for a long time. 10/10 would do it again.

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012

Gin_Rummy posted:

But if you check online guides for the quest they all say he takes one? I have literally all but him.

Does he? Then I might have given him one early on and then just completely forgot about it, all I know is that at the end of the quest I spent 10 minutes stalking that guy trying to give him something until I finally looked it up and found a vague "talk to Cece" hint instead of a full list of who to go to.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Apologizes if this has been asked 20 times but do you *need* to have a steering wheel to get a car to work? I put four wheels on a vehicle (using posts to have them just connect at the center rather than also gluing to the entire edge of the board) but the wheels just don't rotate, even when under power with a fan.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Augus posted:

you didn't think the bustling town that the game forcefully points the camera towards which is approximately 3 feet away from where you initially land was a natural first destination?

Maybe I blinked or something? I seriously do not remember seeing a bustling town near the lake where you first dive into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Harriet Carker posted:

Maybe I blinked or something? I seriously do not remember seeing a bustling town near the lake where you first dive into.

There's a gigantic tower with floodlights and poo poo next to a castle that's glowing red