Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Nonsense posted:

Beard to SA?

he is a poster yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

under the new cba teams cannot really be under 90% of the cap on opening day

so James would be good for a team to reach 90%

is anyone interested in other cap changes . i listened to a pod on it

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

AnimeIsTrash posted:

hes like 33, let him go
33 going on 50

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

euphronius posted:

i would like to hear your thoughts, sure. i know you want to post them, too, so have at it

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

euphronius posted:

go off

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lol

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Bomani did a good breakdown of the Sixers (I think it's good cause he said a lot of stuff I already thought)

I wonder what Morey's plan is

what contender is gonna give Harden more than 2 years? I can't fit him in anywhere mentally

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

indigi posted:

Bomani did a good breakdown of the Sixers (I think it's good cause he said a lot of stuff I already thought)

I wonder what Morey's plan is

what contender is gonna give Harden more than 2 years? I can't fit him in anywhere mentally

whats the tl;dl?

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

operation gladio goes deep....

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
wonder if we can get jokic to be a bosnian pyramids guy like djokovic

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

AnimeIsTrash posted:

whats the tl;dl?

1) Embiid looked like he didn’t want the ball at the end of games 6 or 7 and the MVP shouldn't be getting locked up by anyone let alone Horford, is at the "no excuses" stage of his career 2) the goal of The Process was to get two home grown stars, and they did that, but every other big move they made beyond Simmons and Embiid (drafting Oakafir, picking Harris over Butler, Colangelo's whole tenure, hiring Doc/hiring a coach before GM, alienating Simmons, getting Harden) was the wrong choice 3) no young core to develop and build around, Maxey's it and he has a ceiling

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

nikola jokic is an unapologetic marxist-leninist op

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

indigi posted:

1) Embiid looked like he didn’t want the ball at the end of games 6 or 7 and the MVP shouldn't be getting locked up by anyone let alone Horford, is at the "no excuses" stage of his career 2) the goal of The Process was to get two home grown stars, and they did that, but every other big move they made beyond Simmons and Embiid (drafting Oakafir, picking Harris over Butler, Colangelo's whole tenure, hiring Doc/hiring a coach before GM, alienating Simmons, getting Harden) was the wrong choice 3) no young core to develop and build around, Maxey's it and he has a ceiling

thanks

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

djokovic right above milosevic in the list of serbians that hsould be brought to justice

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

AnimeIsTrash posted:

djokovic right above milosevic in the list of serbians that hsould be brought to justice

that's right

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

tristeham posted:

that's right

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Wait, there's slavic hoteps? This identity is too powerful

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Wait, there's slavic hoteps? This identity is too powerful

some bosnian guy from houston named semir osmanagic saw a flatiron hill in bosnia and decided they were the oldest pyramids ever made

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosnian_pyramid_claims

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

shyduck posted:

33 going on 50

He'd be a good signing for a win-now team that will be rebuilding in a couple years. He's still got a couple good seasons left but lmao he's gotta get a 4 year deal and if he plays more than 60 games in the last two years of the deal it would be a miracle.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

harden on the kings might be interesting

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Add D'Antoni as coach, see if they can average scoring 150 across a season.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

sounds like we should be trading Embiid

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

some bosnian guy from houston named semir osmanagic saw a flatiron hill in bosnia and decided they were the oldest pyramids ever made

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosnian_pyramid_claims

average bosnian mind -_-

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Smythe posted:

i would like to hear your thoughts, sure. i know you want to post them, too, so have at it

I am not 100% sure about any of this

1. there are two aprons now. the penalties around the first apron have been intensified. if you go past the second apron you are basically shut down down. if you are past an apron you can no longer sign players waived at the end of the season.

importantly if you are past the second apron for more than one year I think your first round draft pick in seven years is frozen (can’t be traded) and then if it persists your first round pick is moved to the end of the first round

also if you are past an apron your trade exceptions expire

also all the luxury taxes past the first two levels were made super onerous

2. all the old FA exceptions like the room exception and the mid level exception now also act as trade exceptions and waiver pick up exceptions . this should open up a lot of activity every year

3. as mentioned teams have to be above the 90% salary floor every day starting opening day or start paying fines. this should make big expiring deals (Tobias ) more valuable

some other stuff

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

they should put the salary floor rule in baseball

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

4. cap smoothing is in. can only go up max 10% a year. if the 50/50ish split gets out of wack there is ways for the owners to pay the players outside of like Evan Turner getting 499 million dollars

the cap can no longer go down

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

5. teams can negotiate with their own Fas after the last game of the finals. nothing can be announced until after the moratorium is over . this applies to players and agents. the Union will fine players and agents who disclose deals before the end of the moratorium. league fines of executives can be up to 2 million, suspensions ! and loss of draft picks

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

a new study bible! posted:

sounds like we should be trading Embiid

i'm starting to think there's a greater chance that harden stays and embiid goes rather than the other way around

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

who is trading for embiid

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

6. apron and tax levels will increase with the cap

this is a big change I think

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

euphronius posted:

who is trading for embiid

portland

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

triple sulk posted:

i'm starting to think there's a greater chance that harden stays and embiid goes rather than the other way around

I'm out if this happens

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

for #3?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

He just really liked nuggets (chicken, gold, etc.)

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

and two starters

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i could see this

maybe #3 or honestly if dame wants out then i don't see why it isn't possible. not saying it's a good idea but it's a major shakeup

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

if you're going to do it, it has to be now because his value will never be higher. his answers and attitude since the end of the series have been lovely and i think he's possibly and very quickly burned his good will

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

yeah after all I did for him he does seem ungrateful