Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
CLAUDIO VS REY 7 7.53%
ORANGE VS DANIEL 15 16.13%
JULIA VS ANNA 3 3.23%
HOUSE OF BLACK VS BEST AMIGOS 5 5.38%
JON VS KENNY 63 67.74%
Total: 93 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Are champions able to cross brands? After they lose the title, I’m wondering what determines what brand they go to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

duckdealer posted:

Good point about Canada. Hopefully Collision is on TV and not TSN+.

This has been my concern. I was able to see the first dozen or so Rampage episodes because they were getting uploaded in full to YouTube but that died off

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

TV Zombie posted:

Are champions able to cross brands? After they lose the title, I’m wondering what determines what brand they go to.

If they lose on a random episode, then they are trapped on whatever show that happened on. If they lose the belt on a pape, there's a very real chance they get stranded trying to find their way back.

I'm choosing to believe this because it's funny.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Mr. Squishy posted:

I'm choosing to believe this because it's funny.

Would track with everything else we hear about their employee communication

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I'm looking forward to seeing wrestlers I like do wrestling on a night that's especially good for me most weeks.

If I have hopes for the show it's a unique stage and ring setup and more women's wrestling. I like how ROH is structuring their shows on Honor Club but I know part of what makes that work is the lack of ad breaks. Would prefer a softer brand split that still presents wrestlers who go between shows in unique contexts - again, ROH is doing great at that.

Either that or swing wholly the other way and give me a show that feels like if everyone on WCW Thunder 2000 had legitimate ring time to go along with Terry Funk dressed as a janitor or Positively Kanyon cuttering everyone. I'm entertained either way.
Hell yeah go hog wild and let Best Friends be weird on Saturday

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Jackie D posted:

Would track with everything else we hear about their employee communication

We probably never hear about the good

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

That tracks with what I heard

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Quantum of Phallus posted:

That tracks with what I heard

It’s kind of like here. You can make hundreds of good posts but at the end of the day, you’ll be judged by your rap sheet :(

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
https://twitter.com/StokelyHathaway/status/1658881570931867652?s=20

Look at this dude

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

JUNGLE BOY posted:

"when you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Please tell me champions will appear on both shows, because I don't want "two sets of belts" bullshit WWE does.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Please tell me champions will appear on both shows, because I don't want "two sets of belts" bullshit WWE does.

Maybe the TNT and TBS titles will level up

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

enigmahfc posted:

I am glad there will be more AEW but there is about a 2% i will ever watch it live. I am not "young" but i always have poo poo to do or things I'd rather do.

I'm a huge introvert and homebody so I'll be watching live more often than not.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/ConnorCaseyCB/status/1658885607030915105

Tony is teaching the WBD execs kayfabe.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I hope 2 weeks after the hard brand split is introduced Tony adds a new rule that up to 4 Superstars from each Brand can show up to the other Brand per week. If any Superstars in excess of the 4 show up they will be fined or possibly suspended. I don’t know what you’d call such a rule but “Wildcard Rule” has a nice ring to it. It would also be great if sometimes more than 4 people show up but the fines/suspensions that were mentioned never actually come into play.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

CM Punk has always been not affiliated with AEW Collision. Since the beginning of your life, since the beginning of the Promotion, since the beginning of history, always the same war.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

History Comes Inside! posted:

Yeah but it also features someone shooting lightning out of their eyes which I think might be fake, so it can’t really be trusted as a source of information imo

https://twitter.com/EvilUno/status/1658859131317411843?s=20

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Tampa Bae posted:

Hell yeah go hog wild and let Best Friends be weird on Saturday

The Firm Deletion didn't give me CHUCK TAYLOR™ so the least Collision can do is give me "This Is" Howie Dewitt.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I don't think that's necessary. TNT/TBS mostly defended on Rampage/Collision with the other titles floating is just fine, when I say I want a brand split it's more so there can be bigger stories on other shows instead of The Elite/AEW Title/BCC stories bleeding into all three shows and making them all feel the same

Teams like Dark Order/Best Friends/Butcher & Blade and Mogul Affiliates should have a place to flourish if they're only going to be guest stars in other people's stories on Dynamite

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/Bowens_Official/status/1658886419333382160

Folks, he's hit another home run.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

IcePhoenix posted:

please give this cat skritches and tell them I love them ty

She spent the past hour and change getting scritches and attention and is now playing with her sister on the (fully glazed) balcony.

Her sister is a feral goblin.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

kenny omega is workin weekends. L

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

the slogan for Collision should be "Where the Bad Boys Play"

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

JUNGLE BOY posted:

the slogan for Collision should be "Where the Bad Boys Play"

Janela's back baby let's gooooooooooo

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MJeff posted:

Janela's back baby let's gooooooooooo

Nah, bad things are dirty... a synonym for dirty is filthy.... FILTHY TOM TO AEW CONFIRMED.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Punk talks collapse, AEW Collision out of the mud.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

the stars of Dynamite and Collision will only come into contact with each other at the newly announced annual PPV Unsanctioned Egress

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

We have enough belts floating around to make one show, say, the TBS/International/Trios and the other the TNT/Womens'/Tag Team championship show.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

if it does turn out that all the journos took an L today about the TV deal being announced, I feel like it's only a matter of time before they take one over the brand split idea, too

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

She spent the past hour and change getting scritches and attention and is now playing with her sister on the (fully glazed) balcony.

Her sister is a feral goblin.

Who is their favorite wrestler and why is it Ryan Nemeth?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

CM PUNK DEAD. EATEN BY COCONUT CRAB.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The finest detectives are on the case:

https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1658882421868183552

Sounds like maybe WBD just did a Brian Cage of not knowing they weren't supposed to announce something and just casually threw it out there

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Sounds like CM Punk got fired.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Kennel posted:

Sounds like CM Punk got fired.

fired up about his second coming in Chicago!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Wintermutant posted:

Who is their favorite wrestler and why is it Ryan Nemeth?

They are called Miyu and Mei, so the answer should be obvious.

It's the Lucha Bros.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Ganso Bomb posted:

The finest detectives are on the case:

https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1658882421868183552

Sounds like maybe WBD just did a Brian Cage of not knowing they weren't supposed to announce something and just casually threw it out there

That's exactly what it is, but it's weird that WBD wouldn't have wanted Punk showcased on the Collision announcement since they thought his involvement was so important thus I'm going to assume talks collapsed and they had to change the presentation at the last second and one thing referencing Punk slipped through.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Folks...

https://twitter.com/Crys134/status/1658611679020589057?t=bHWwCYgDRJ20_s9Fk2Gnbw&s=19

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

1glitch0 posted:

That's exactly what it is, but it's weird that WBD wouldn't have wanted Punk showcased on the Collision announcement since they thought his involvement was so important thus I'm going to assume talks collapsed and they had to change the presentation at the last second and one thing referencing Punk slipped through.

I guess if they're not going to have any talent at the upfront because of the writer's strike (I'm sure the strike doesn't affect AEW, but it sounded like a blanket thing) and they had intended for Punk to be there, then maybe it matters less when he's announced. Press release is anti-climactic; at least cryptic messages on TV or something will build interest in the fanbase, if they go that route and don't just outright announce him. Feels very much like his debut where the fans assume he's going to be there and will tune in either way to find out, so maybe they don't want to mess with the formula.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gaz-L posted:

Nah, bad things are dirty... a synonym for dirty is filthy.... FILTHY TOM TO AEW CONFIRMED.

Please. I miss doing the Filthy Claps :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

That's my champ