Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

yeah twin boom is the way to go for maximum stubbiness. lil flyin beans :kimchi:

Timmy Age 6
Jul 23, 2011

Lobster says "mrow?"

Ramrod XTreme

What is this delightful Travel Egg?

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

desire to know more intensifies …….

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

the milk machine posted:

desire to know more intensifies …….

googling FAH-317 ecuador: (because I don't know flags, apparently)

https://www.jetphotos.com/registration/FAH-317
https://www.jetphotos.com/aircraft/IAI%20Arava%20201
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IAI_Arava

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

babyeatingpsychopath posted:

Why not an autogyro? All the safety of a helicopter with all the landing selection capability of a light plane!

Note the end bit: landed safely after 8 hours, mostly in very thick fog, with one and a half hours flying with no engine, and another five hours on one engine, because the other engine had not been attached to its mounting plate, as they discovered mid-flight.

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

Beastie posted:

Can't park there, mate

"We're not parking it, we're abandoning it!"

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

PhotoKirk posted:

Now I want to see that reporter from Detroit driving up to military bases with a pilot hat on saying "Is this your plane? We found your plane in a ditch." As an O-5 is trying his best to ignore her.

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !
There is a Nord 2501 still flying around my hometown on the regular, it's the last one of these flying and apparently they still drop paras out of it on special occasions

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

PhotoKirk posted:

WILLING TO LEARN

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

slidebite posted:

P&W Canada still has and flies a couple. I think they are both based out of Montreal.

I'll be in Montreal late next month, maybe I can find where they're parked on the ramp.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

the twin boom boob being canadian just makes it all the cuter eh?

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Timmy Age 6 posted:

What is this delightful Travel Egg?

Miles Aerovan. As the name implies, it was a flying van.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Son of bitch! There's a flying C-47 in town and I only find out now, right as they booked up the last tours of it's stay. $10 ground tours, $249 for a twenty minute ride and photo op with the crew.

Oh, well. There's poo poo to see here year 'round, but it would have been cool to fly in an old warbird for that amount of money.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

madeintaipei posted:

Son of bitch! There's a flying C-47 in town and I only find out now, right as they booked up the last tours of it's stay. $10 ground tours, $249 for a twenty minute ride and photo op with the crew.

Oh, well. There's poo poo to see here year 'round, but it would have been cool to fly in an old warbird for that amount of money.

C-47s aren’t that great. Used to be most of their passengers would jump out halfway through the flight, so it’s probably safe to assume they are very uncomfortable.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Jonny Nox posted:

C-47s aren’t that great. Used to be most of their passengers would jump out halfway through the flight, so it’s probably safe to assume they are very uncomfortable.

Lol.

It just flew over my house. They're just mocking me now!

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

madeintaipei posted:

If you're anywhere near Reading PA, from 6/2-6/4 there's going to be a ton of rides available on way more planes at the WW2 Weekend.

https://www.maam.org/wwii/ww2_acft.htm

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

BIG HEADLINE posted:

If you're anywhere near Reading PA, from 6/2-6/4 there's going to be a ton of rides available on way more planes at the WW2 Weekend.

https://www.maam.org/wwii/ww2_acft.htm

That's so cool! Way too far away for me, but really neat!

I didn't realize there was a flying Stratofreighter! A Blackwidow, either!

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

hobbesmaster posted:

Does this mean that the BAE-146 is the best plane?

Yes! Four-engined chubby boi can't be beat.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

PT6A posted:

Yes! Four-engined chubby boi can't be beat.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Here comes a very special boy

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

https://youtu.be/rVTD-LtpW0M

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.

madeintaipei posted:

I’m glad to see the Berlin Airlift Foundation back flying both their planes again. They had a real bad couple of years, the Stratofreighter blew an engine, covid shut them down and the C54 was wrecked by a tornado.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Yo!!!

I wasn't allowed to watch TV as a small child. My dad, in his very German way, was particularly dismissive about cartoons. "Ugh. American trash to sell toys and sugary cereal." Then we watched Tailspin at Grandma's place while visiting the US. Instant bonding over a shared love of amphibious aircraft.

From that point on, you couldn't keep us from visiting every car, train, or plane museum. poo poo, we were hardcore machine junkies. Steam exhibitions, tractor and farm implement swap meets, even stopping at construction sites to chat with the operators.

My mom hated it.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

madeintaipei posted:

The P-63 isn't flying yet. Last I saw it was 2019, pre-COVID, and I'm curious to see how much progress has been made on it.

They are trying to make it the world's only airworthy Black Widow, though.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

madeintaipei posted:

Then we watched Tailspin at Grandma's place while visiting the US. Instant bonding over a shared love of amphibious aircraft.

I wonder what the grew up to be a furry vs aircraft lover ratio is with that show.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

hobbesmaster posted:

I wonder what the grew up to be a furry vs aircraft lover ratio is with that show.

Buddy, they don't even let me...

j/k. Planes are loving awesome. Don't care who you are.

Switzerland
Feb 18, 2005
Do what thou must do.

So we're just gonna ignore this website's design that might as well be as old as the advertised planes? :classiclol:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Switzerland posted:

So we're just gonna ignore this website's design that might as well be as old as the advertised planes? :classiclol:

They desperately need to hire a web designer, yes, but also realize that they're catering to nostalgia freaks.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Children found alive in amazonas jungle 2 weeks after plane crash;

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-65630020

The children, 13, 9, 4 years and 11 months old respectively, have survived for 16 days after the May 1st Cessna 206 plane crash that claimed the lives of their mother, the pilot and one other adult.

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

I was gonna go with

But I like yours better :hmmyes:

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Unless I'm on the inside curve pointing straight at oncoming traffic the high beams stay on and I laugh at your puny protest flashes.
I am Most Important Man. Most Important Man in the World.

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Children found alive in amazonas jungle 2 weeks after plane crash;

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-65630020

The children, 13, 9, 4 years and 11 months old respectively, have survived for 16 days after the May 1st Cessna 206 plane crash that claimed the lives of their mother, the pilot and one other adult.

The news has been updated, there is no confirmation that they have been found.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

The update is basically this;
"However, Ms Cáceres said that her agency had not yet been able to see the children and until such moment, the search effort would not be called off.

The child welfare agency was not alone in saying that it had received information that the four children had been rescued."

Reported found, but not verified yet. There's rains storms in the area and the remote community they were reported to be at would sit tight rn instead of taking them down river yet

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

BIG HEADLINE posted:

They desperately need to hire a web designer, yes, but also realize that they're catering to nostalgia freaks.

code:
<meta name="GENERATOR" content="Microsoft FrontPage 6.0">
frontpage got bundled into Office after version 4, but I believe 6.0 is FrontPage/Office XP, the finest of 2001-era software.

It certainly feels about right. But hey, it loaded fast! There's something to be said for not forcing three megabytes of javascript on every visitor to render some basic HTML.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Any dime they put into their web page is a dime they don't have to put into their P-61 restoration.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

animated gifs for the cause

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Phanatic posted:

Any dime they put into their web page is a dime they don't have to put into their P-61 restoration.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Speaking of full-on autos:
MD500's have about the worst glide ratio of any helicopters and probably worse than most bricks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3AXPlIbO6g&t=238s

Astar B3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMzcuINf-9o&t=14s

Mediums do it too (Bell 212)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K1t3XNCdAg

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://i.imgur.com/HINW6qa.mp4

Seven engines is enough to return safely, right :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

the poof of bird dust out the back :stonk: