Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Spanish Manlove posted:

I also don't think three olives cooks, he's always seemed like the type that gets doordash every night

Orders nothing but ubereats but must be delivered by and UberBlack service car, not some poor person Toyota.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I still think about 3O every time I hear the sounds of laughing children outside and how much he said he hated that.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
It's very important to keep houseplants and dried flowers within range of the gas stove. Huge part of horticulture. So many people fail to realize this

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Plant MONSTER. posted:

It's very important to keep houseplants and dried flowers within range of the gas stove. Huge part of horticulture. So many people fail to realize this

even better if they're on top of your toaster oven, blocking the cupboards.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Mock Turtle posted:

lol @ the genuine American Psycho-style posting

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Remembering now when Three Olives appeared to mince around and say "yuck" at the Doom Bathroom

Three Olives posted:

I think my favorite part of this is he spent so much money and decided the symmetry of his bathroom rock feature was more important than the faucet reaching the tub.

Three Olives posted:

Question:

When you were designing the dream makeup vanity what made you think harsh, uneven, indirect light?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Spanish Manlove posted:

I also don't think three olives cooks, he's always seemed like the type that gets doordash every night

He used to buy Uncrustables all the time.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

When even 3O can get his shots in you know doom bathroom guy hosed up

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Again, this doesn't matter if you never cook

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
three olives is a very powerful poster

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
fun to riff on, consistent gimmick

solid B+ long running forums heel

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

NoiseAnnoys posted:

that’s nothing, look up how much insane lunatics audiophiles pay for mere cables so they can enjoy mediocre records the “way they are supposed to sound”.

those ppl rule. the cablephebophiles are maybe the most blindly more expensive=better than 'hobbyists' outside of idk, star citizen?

they buy audio equipment the way magpies look for nest material
almost always drop like $1-2500 on speakers, $800-1000 on amp, $300 on placebo cables, then do poo poo like put them straight on a pc desk in the corner of a too-small, untreated room, or set up a 7.1 home theater w/ a 1200w 15" floor sub placed under their tv they sit 7ft away from and don't realize that it sounds like hot fuckin dog poo poo every time lol

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Three Olives' posting has to be a gimmick, right?

...right?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Fajita Queen posted:

...right?

hes gay and lives in a condo and its not a gimmick he's real

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

Fajita Queen posted:

...right?

the gimmicks with the most staying power are real

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Fajita Queen posted:

...right?

three olives is not a gimmick the huey lewis reviewerposting has always been there

he has been doing this on this forum since he registered, i remember his first stupid bad lookatme posts, they were exactly the same

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

three olives is a very powerful poster

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
3-bit Olive-Head

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

FirstnameLastname posted:

cablephebophiles

Are those people who only use 13 to 17 inch cables?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

I didn't even know who the poster was thar did that poo poo but I still have a little lol when people tack ailure onto words it doesn't remotely work for

That was Paradol Ex, who also famously toxxed to permaban himself forever from SA (current and future accounts) if Barack Obama won in 2008

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

those ppl rule. the cablephebophiles are maybe the most blindly more expensive=better than 'hobbyists' outside of idk, star citizen?

almost always drop like $1-2500 on speakers, $800-1000 on amp, $300 on placebo cables, then do poo poo like put them straight on a pc desk in the corner of a too-small, untreated room, or set up a 7.1 home theater w/ a 1200w 15" floor sub placed under their tv they sit 7ft away from and don't realize that it sounds like hot fuckin dog poo poo every time lol

My setup is entirely scrounged and upcycled poo poo and no one ever believes it. Turns out most of us are fuckin deaf as poo poo and fidelity only matters to a point.

Fajita Queen posted:

...right?

Nah that's just him. If Patrick Bateman was gay and also terminally online he would find 3O insufferable.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

iwentdoodie posted:

My setup is entirely scrounged and upcycled poo poo and no one ever believes it. Turns out most of us are fuckin deaf as poo poo and fidelity only matters to a point.

Nah that's just him. If Patrick Bateman was gay and also terminally online he would find 3O insufferable.

3O is Carruthers

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

iwentdoodie posted:

Sound is too clean these days anyway. No freaking noise floor since we moved away from cassettes. About the closest I can replicate is usb power noise picked up by aux cables.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
three olives moon walking out in a raincoat and talking about his touchscreen toaster before murdering a cspam poster

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

.wav is a disease. .mp3 is death. I will not let these impure formats to transmit to my cochlear nerves.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Fajita Queen posted:

...right?

I like to think of him as evil gay Niles Crane. Yes, I know half the cast of Frasier was gay, even Bulldog Brisco.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Aramek posted:

I still think about 3O every time I hear the sounds of laughing children outside and how much he said he hated that.

lmfao

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Aramek posted:

lol super villain poo poo

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Those children should be busy affixing touchscreens onto small appliances

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Cranappleberry posted:

.wav is a disease. .mp3 is death. I will not let these impure formats to transmit to my cochlear nerves.

What of flac

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

B33rChiller posted:

Sound is too clean these days anyway. No freaking noise floor since we moved away from cassettes. About the closest I can replicate is usb power noise picked up by aux cables.

Cassette is the only format I'll listen to really dingy black metal on. I want it to sound broken.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
remembering the old post your pet peeves threads in gbs and how absolutely out of their drat minds goons are

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

copy posted:

lol super villain poo poo

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Those children should be busy affixing touchscreens onto small appliances

You’re a Mean One, Gay n’ Rich

copy
Jul 26, 2007

That DICK! posted:

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
I remebered my first interaction with 3O. I went and looked up the thread. What's really strange about reading a thread that's a few years old is seeing just how many people posting in it are permabanned or just regular banned and didn't come back. I also found this:

That guy hasn't posted since April 2020. Maybe someone should sit him down, give him a cup of chamomile tea and then spend several hours explaining what has happened since.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

That DICK! posted:

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

That DICK! posted:

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

iwentdoodie posted:

fidelity isn't even a factor for cables
as long as they're built to the correct standard, undamaged, and theyre not wrapped in coils or running over a ton of other electronic gear/cable, they're not gonna impact quality in any way if you have the right amp/gauge/speaker combo

audiophile culture is almost totally made out of old wives tales from burnout 70s groupies for different classic rock bands who saw the audio techs doing stuff and started a homeopathy-style cargocult saying the shiny polished brass humbuckers and a lightwood body give an extra bright tone to a guitar and the vacuum tubes in their amp for their vinyl record player give it a warm mouthfeel

the main thing they seem to have in common is not knowing/denying how audio signals, speakers, & acoustics actually work, they're kinda like chiropractors but for sound
(*lots* of overlap with musicians who refuse to learn theory because "creativity doesn't need rules", i think some weird
shared complex? more research is needed...)

proper placement and acoustic treatment matters more than anything tho for sound quality fwiw, $500 and $3,000 speakers sound the same without it, the $3k ones might even sound worse

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Valko posted:

I remebered my first interaction with 3O. I went and looked up the thread. What's really strange about reading a thread that's a few years old is seeing just how many people posting in it are permabanned or just regular banned and didn't come back. I also found this:

That guy hasn't posted since April 2020. Maybe someone should sit him down, give him a cup of chamomile tea and then spend several hours explaining what has happened since.

I think someone else bought him that, so maybe there's a reason they haven't posted since 2020.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

My hairdryer cost $0 and it's called the wind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Goddamn Dyson.

I remember about 20 or more years ago when he first started marketing his stupid cyclone vacuum cleaners. They advertised it as never losing suction power, like a hoover does when the bag is almost full. My dad, being the technophile that he is, had to have one. Never losing suction power isn't a big sell when there is barely any to begin with. It couldn't lift cigarrette butts off the tile floor of the bar.

It got locked up in the attic along with the excercise bike and the fondue pot.

Dyson is not a genius. I hate to bring politics in here but what sort of buisinessman who relied on exports supported brexit? He could have failed his way into Elon Musks shoes if circumstances were different.