Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I like the idea that rail trails through the forest along disused freight routes are the same thing as bike lanes for suburb commuting

Maybe not what you meant but I think it's funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Look it's great if you've got a job at the abandoned rail depot

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Scientastic posted:

Jesus, he is such a loving idiot. “Offer me money, offer me power, I don’t care” says one of the richest, most powerful people in the world.

He really thinks he’s the loving hero of the story, when in reality he’s the desperate six-fingered man trying to buy his way out of the consequences of his actions.

“I want my Twitter back, you son of a bitch!”

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

Jelly posted:

Are you seriously pretending 99% of bike lanes in the U.S. aren't alongside the road, exactly like this lane in Korea, except there's only a thin white line and no barrier to stop cars from hitting you (which almost happened to me within the last week), and additionally they are about 25% the size?

I mean it's great we have converted bike lanes from old rails (I guess, I'd rather have actual infrastructure), but acting like that's the norm while criticizing a country's whose submission is arguably about 10x better than ours is pretty absurd, and I'm using a kinder word than I'd like.

The "If it's isn't American it's poo poo" brainworms will never die.
yeah, happy for the poster who lives in some bucolic pocket of the northeast where they have a wealth of trails they can ride through the woods, but in places like urban and suburban Texas, bike lanes typically vary from utterly nonexistent to "strip of white paint separating your three-foot-wide lane from F150s traveling 55 mph". A wide two-way bike lane, physically divided from the roadway, with shade, is a wild utopian fantasy around here

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Yeah it's really telling that he thinks that's a good analog for his posting. He thinks the scene is about "you can't buy me off with money or power, I won't be dissuaded from my holy mission", but it's actually about "nothing you can offer me is what I actually want, which is a simple human desire for a thing that you took from me"

He thinks it's about power, when it's about justice. Little on the nose

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
no sympathy for the guy that was teleported into a burning cockpit with no warning?? how was musk to know how bad twitter was, he was busy buying a sink.

edit: declining birthrates and the smart phone:
https://twitter.com/feardatd/status/1658869770979033090

"fear dat d" couldn't talk to as many women as he wants!

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

gschmidl posted:

Really hope every last one of the people he fired tells him to go gently caress himself, except for one who goes in and cleaves him in twain with a greatsword.

I also vote for Elon to be unseamed by an ex-Twitter employee

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

InsertPotPun posted:

...how was musk to know how bad twitter was, he was busy buying a sink.

If only his most disastrous distraction hadn't been for a joke that sucked so much. :(

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Still pisses me off seeing that one video of him just laughing off the firing of what, 5-6000 people?

What an rear end in a top hat

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

InsertPotPun posted:

no sympathy for the guy that was teleported into a burning cockpit with no warning?? how was musk to know how bad twitter was, he was busy buying a sink.

It's a good thing no phones or any other devices that would demand your attention existed prior to 2007.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

https://twitter.com/kennedytcooper/status/1658829292464373761

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

I think this was posted in the yospos thread and it doesn't seem like that's a real musky tweet unless he deleted it

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1658892861918650368?cxt=HHwWgIC9sZmRyYUuAAAA

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1658895357114195973?cxt=HHwWioCxhbiiyoUuAAAA

IBroughttheFunk fucked around with this message at 19:49 on May 17, 2023

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

"Anti-Semitism hasn't increased on Twitter. That Jew Soros is behind all of these stories!"

Good going, Elon! That'll show 'em how not racist you are!

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

soros is like 90 and i often wonder who all the cryptonazis will start yelling about as their new dogwhistle when he finally croaks

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I didnt even know what religion or other basic demographic about Epstein other than "white rich pedo guy". oh also dead guy.

like I could have had a dcent correct guess of jewish, but there's like a ton of "cultural" atheist jews .

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

PhazonLink posted:

like I could have had a dcent correct guess of jewish, but there's like a ton of "cultural" atheist jews .

being a "cultural" atheist jew still gets you lumped in with all the conspiracy bullshit. nazis and antisemitic conspiracy theorists dont care whether an individual jew believes in god or studies the talmud, they think we are inhuman and gain secret powers from eating babies etc. it's got nothing to do with the actual religion

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

InsertPotPun posted:

Somehow every time I want to talk to a woman she's preoccupied with something else! This is clearly a problem with society!

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Just be interesting and maybe the ladies will put down their Instagram machine and chat with ya, crazy idea I know lol

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

if it wasn't iphones they'd blame women reading books instead of looking up at their handsome faces

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Strong Sauce posted:

if it wasn't iphones they'd blame women reading books instead of looking up at their handsome faces

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

*shakes lady on subway who's listening to music and looking at her phone*

Hey

HEY

YOU SHOULD SMILE MORE

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

InsertPotPun posted:

Give Steve Jobs a posthumous medal for helping women avoid this guy

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
something tells me 'fear dat d' would barely be able to stammer out a hello in the first place.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
When Soros dies fascists are going to be bouncing around anticipating meltdowns that never come and it's going to be hilarious.

I'm going to predict a pivot (even more) to Hunter Biden, because why not. Either that or The Clinton Family.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

They will pretend he faked his own death or uploaded himself to the matrix or just not even care if he's dead. They already think he was a quisling to the nazis at age two or whatever.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
I know he’s the majority owner of twitter but it seems like it should still be a dereliction of duty for the ceo to say “I don’t care if the things I say cost this company money”? Like he’s not just talking about it costing him money personally, they’re talking about impacts to twitter and tesla business.

I guess I don’t know much about how actual businesses work, especially when it comes to private/public differences, but the new CEO will fix all of that right? Then Yacc will just have owner/staff member elon who is not caring if he costs the business money…

Day 1: Yacc fires elon for insubordination

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
when he bought twitter he purposely made it a private unlisted company

normally businesses like that are listed on the stock exchange and have a board of directors and such, who absolutely have the power to remove people for being derpy dumbasses like Musk. they are oversight to make sure numbers go up at any cost.

however, tesla, the entire board sucks elons dick twice a week and LOVES it. so they will never get rid of him, even when it's worth a loving penny and every other car manufacturer is eating their lunch. im not sure how he got that kind of control at tesla. he was their 3rd or 4th ceo, and tesla had already created their AI and first generation of electrical cars.. musk bought the first one, but he was just a side investor at the time and had no real input on anything.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 21:31 on May 17, 2023

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

DRINK ME posted:

I know he’s the majority owner of twitter but it seems like it should still be a dereliction of duty for the ceo to say “I don’t care if the things I say cost this company money”? Like he’s not just talking about it costing him money personally, they’re talking about impacts to twitter and tesla business.

I guess I don’t know much about how actual businesses work, especially when it comes to private/public differences, but the new CEO will fix all of that right? Then Yacc will just have owner/staff member elon who is not caring if he costs the business money…

Day 1: Yacc fires elon for insubordination

Elon owns twitter. He is Yaccarino's boss

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Earwicker posted:

soros is like 90 and i often wonder who all the cryptonazis will start yelling about as their new dogwhistle when he finally croaks

He has a son who conservatives are already prepping to become the new Soros. It will never end.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1658291808592629761
Remember this poo poo from a few days ago?

Well
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1658907665030946821
Is Elon realizing what a piece of poo poo he he is?

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1658907746408833033
lol nope he's just stealing a joke from the replies

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

twitter files, day 47, year 5:

Dearest Agatha, I hope this letter finds you and the children well. I have fully recovered from my injuries and have rejoined the men on the coding line. I do my best to maintain high spirits, and think often of home, but morale is low and our conditions show no sign of improving. I fear our leader has lost his wits -- he shouts absurdities at the men, claims he is beset by Jewish phantoms, and frequently forgoes sleep. His closest advisors have all died, and he takes no council but that which he finds in his cocaine and laudanum tinctures. I increasingly suspect our unit is encircled and (read more)

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Magneto didn't want homosapiens to live together with the mutants and he was a holocaust survivor, exactly comparable to ((SOROS))

BrassRoots
Jan 9, 2012

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere - John Coltrane

Buce posted:

twitter files, day 47, year 5:

Dearest Agatha, I hope this letter finds you and the children well. I have fully recovered from my injuries and have rejoined the men on the coding line. I do my best to maintain high spirits, and think often of home, but morale is low and our conditions show no sign of improving. I fear our leader has lost his wits -- he shouts absurdities at the men, claims he is beset by Jewish phantoms, and frequently forgoes sleep. His closest advisors have all died, and he takes no council but that which he finds in his cocaine and laudanum tinctures. I increasingly suspect our unit is encircled and (read more)

:five:

1/15

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

kazil posted:

lol nope he's just stealing a joke from the replies

Specifically,

https://twitter.com/steinkobbe/status/1658910433326030848?t=7QPNu49W_PBYd3nAlbl4qw&s=19

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

truly the most divorced man humanity has ever known.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Soros is getting ancient.

Who's going to replace him as the Sekrit Woke Master that all libs pay tribute to?

Bill Gates?

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

Klaus Schwab probably

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1658950506515972100?t=BYZ_iV4VUExIggQPwlOYcA&s=19

Please do not procreate with this... thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erainor
Dec 30, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Well maybe the AI can take one for the team?