Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Also I might be wrong but off the top of my head don’t think Hogan was ever accused of sexually harassing anybody which gives him a leg up on Flair regardless of all the other stupid poo poo he’s done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Dawgstar posted:

To balance it out, Jesse Ventura wanted to start a wrestlers' union and Hogan snitched to Vince about it.

The NWA did the same thing to Thunderbolt Patterson

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

History Comes Inside! posted:

Also I might be wrong but off the top of my head don’t think Hogan was ever accused of sexually harassing anybody which gives him a leg up on Flair regardless of all the other stupid poo poo he’s done

Hogan has been accused of sexual assault and had a complicated legal situation that resulted in a settlement.

They are almost exactly the same guy except Hogan tells more funny lies and Flair has more good matches.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Flair will probably have to keep wrestling after his death due to all the back taxes he owes. Also he tried to put up the NWA championship belt as collateral for two separate loans.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Hogan saying the n word and talking about how he didn't want his daughter to date a black person to impress Bubba the Love Sponge's wife was a major factor in the fall of online media. It also made Bubba the Love Sponge broke so it kind of evened out.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
I still personally prefer Flair's style and persona over Hogan's.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Flair is quadruple the wrestler Hogan is in every metric except pythons brother.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i think that flair and hogan were about equal in getting a ** match out of a DUD wrestler, but flair was immeasurably better once it got to working with halfway competent guys

Erainor
Dec 30, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Hogan doesnt need to drag his 73 year old corpse to the ring and promoters dont book “matches” around him. Yay?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Suplex Liberace posted:

Flair is quadruple the wrestler Hogan is in every metric except pythons brother.

Flair probably would've been if not for the plane crash

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

Hogan saying the n word and talking about how he didn't want his daughter to date a black person to impress Bubba the Love Sponge's wife was a major factor in the fall of online media. It also made Bubba the Love Sponge broke so it kind of evened out.

BTLS also got sued by the Nielsen Ratings people after coming up with the dumbest scheme ever to juke the ratings numbers.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

he had pretty big arms at times but yah pre crash flair is a beefcake

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Favorite Hogan lie: He claimed Lars wanted him wanted to play bass in Metallica.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Mine is where he implies his body slam killed Andre.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
The size of his penis because that lie was clarified under oath.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

Hogan has been accused of sexual assault and had a complicated legal situation that resulted in a settlement.

They are almost exactly the same guy except Hogan tells more funny lies and Flair has more good matches.

Fair

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

If Hulk Hogan didn’t invent Pastamania we also wouldn’t have one of the funniest Deadlock bits of all time either

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Hogan's disasters are more memorable too, we never talk about Ric Flaur real estate and insurance.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Imagine the lies Hogan would tell if he was the one who’d survived a plane crash

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I almost wish Bischoff talked Hogan into working the North Korea shows cause that would have led to some amazing Hogan lies

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I almost wish Bischoff talked Hogan into working the North Korea shows cause that would have led to some amazing Hogan lies

I think it's amazing we don't have any Hogan stories about those shows regardless.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

I think it's amazing we don't have any Hogan stories about those shows regardless.

Now that you mention that I'm kinda of shocked Hogan hasn't spun a story about Inoki begging him not to work the North Korea shows so he didn't get out shined

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Lid posted:

Hogan's disasters are more memorable too, we never talk about Ric Flaur real estate and insurance.

That's because I think they're mostly just depressing. Flair's history is pretty much entirely "spend like he's actually the Nature Boy, go deeply into debt which probably includes paying alimony to his most recent ex-wife, recover slightly, repeat."

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

History Comes Inside! posted:

Imagine the lies Hogan would tell if he was the one who’d survived a plane crash

I was going to say, Flair's true stories could pass for Hogan lies.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Defiance Industries posted:

Mine is where he implies his body slam killed Andre.

Fighting nine year old undertaker in pride

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Now that you mention that I'm kinda of shocked Hogan hasn't spun a story about Inoki begging him not to work the North Korea shows so he didn't get out shined

The North Koreans false advertised Hulk to sell those 160,000 tickets.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

zetamind2000 posted:

Fighting nine year old undertaker in pride

The Yakuza paid that nine-year-old to break his arm.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

The Yakuza paid that nine-year-old to break his arm.
Based on what i've learned about the yakuza from the documentary series "Like a Dragon", this seems like something they might do.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
hulk hogan

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Lid posted:

The size of his penis because that lie was clarified under oath.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

Lid posted:

we should because ric flair giving financial advice is very funny

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

kim jong il personally requested hogan not wrestle in north korea, fearing his presence and charisma would spark a revolution against him

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Ringo Roadagain posted:

kim jong il personally requested hogan not wrestle in north korea, fearing his presence and charisma would spark a revolution against him

Which is ironic, since today, both Hogan and Kim are members of the NWO faction thanks to their mutual ties to Dennis Rodman

Erainor
Dec 30, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Which is ironic, since today, both Hogan and Kim are members of the NWO faction thanks to their mutual ties to Dennis Rodman

Amazingly Kim is more valuable to the NWO then Vincent!

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

The contract does say Collision... In Korea!

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Mox has been misinterpreting Coach Tony Komrade's instructions "to Juche"

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

we should because ric flair giving financial advice is very funny

One of his ex wives got fleeced so fuckin badly by some slimey insurance salesman who kept convincing her to surrender life insurance policies every time he switched companies

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Flair's relation to debt is as to Wile E. Coyotes relation to gravity

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Dawgstar posted:

Favorite Hogan lie: He claimed Lars wanted him wanted to play bass in Metallica.

Which is even funnier because they turned down Les Claypool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

jesus WEP posted:

i think that flair and hogan were about equal in getting a ** match out of a DUD wrestler, but flair was immeasurably better once it got to working with halfway competent guys
Uh, how often did Hogan carry bad workers to decent matches?

Anyway,

https://twitter.com/WrestleMagazine/status/1658940042650218498?s=20