Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

munce
Oct 23, 2010

https://noonautics.org/etn/dmtx-panel/

quote:

An unprecedented free to attend panel discussion is slated for May 23, 2023 at 2:00 PM UK (9:00 AM EST US), and it promises to be a revolutionary moment in the history of psychedelic exploration. Like NASA ventures into space, Noonautics is embarking on a mission into the depths of the human psyche, navigating the alien landscape of the DMT experience.

Esteemed writer and researcher, Graham Hancock, will preside over the panel in collaboration with the renowned DMT expert, Dr. Andrew Gallimore. Their scholarly perspectives and guiding wisdom will fuel a journey of discovery as the ground control guiding our astronauts to new frontiers. The panel will feature the brave explorers of Imperial College London’s recent groundbreaking Extended DMT research: Carl Hayden Smith, Jack Allocca, Alexander Beiner, and Anton Bilton, who will illuminate the audience with their personal narratives of traversing the extended DMT state.

Drawing parallels with the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI), the focus of the discourse will be on the profound encounters with DMT entities. This psychedelic odyssey promises revelations and insights that parallel the awe and wonder that accompanies our encounters with extraterrestrial phenomena. Just as SETI deciphers signals from distant stars, our panelists will unravel and interpret their experiences in the DMT realms, potentially reshaping our understanding of reality.

This monumental event will be hosted on YouTube. The live stream link will be emailed the day before the event after registering. A Q&A session will follow, featuring esteemed experts in the field, a constellation of great minds. In the spirit of democratic exploration, questions from the audience will be selected from the live chat based on upvotes, offering an opportunity for collective inquiry and shared understanding.

We invite you to register and take part in this intrepid excursion to the frontier of consciousness exploration. Like witnessing the first moon landing, this event stands to be one of the most thrilling and transformative experiments to emerge from the psychedelic field in decades. Join us on this historic journey into the infinite depths of the human mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
i have such complicated mixed feelings about comparing seti to dmt

edit: upon reflection, i dont think i like it :colbert:

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

munce posted:

Esteemed writer and researcher Graham Hancock

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

its DMT, somebody will be hosed up for sure

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Psionic activation via you fuckin tube, the wonders never cease

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

wish Graham Hancock would go to the DMTverse forever

Fausty
May 16, 2014

"Flowers!"
"Is there a
John Luck Pickerd
here?"

my bony fealty posted:

wish Graham Hancock would go to the DMTverse forever

Because you can't handle his truth bombs?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Orb-pilled my friend, showed him all the government videos and now he's mind blown

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I guess Hancock is pretty racist in retrospect

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Graham, cracker

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

euphronius posted:

I guess Hancock is pretty racist in retrospect

if his divine mightiness khufu himself was here now I'd wash his feet and start a GoFundMe to repair all the damage white people have done to his legacy.

Hasn't the God King suffered enough yall?

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
lol those noonautics folks are going to absolutely cook some volunteers' brains.

godspeed brave psychonauts o7

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

I've been seeing this guy pop up a lot recently on the small woo podcast circuit claiming he discovered if you project a certain type of laser at a certain wavelength on a wall and then take DMT you can see something akin to matrix code patterns. Which lol of course you can, but he claims the interesting thing is that it isn't unique to the person and he has had over 30 people with no prior knowledge or priming do the experiment and they describe exactly the same stuff in the same spots on the wall as everybody else. That it is exactly the same between participants every time. He also claimed he's convinced some scientists to experiment for real.

I don't believe it at all but it's a neat idea that DMT combined with the right setting/light/laser/whatever could allow the human mind to see the underpinnings of reality. It would be extremely on brand for 2023 tho if some dude fried out of his gourd in his mom's basement discovered the secret of reality in a way reproducible in a lab.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Well. What would that actually mean? Wonder if it's the exact same laser or the same type, that might make a difference.

It'd be pretty wild in itself if anybody eats dmt & looks at the same laser sees the same distortion. Wonder what happens if somebody's colorblind and looks, stuff like that

gently caress it do the experiment

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mola Yam posted:

lol those noonautics folks are going to absolutely cook some volunteers' brains.

my last intelligent words will be “free drugs yo”

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Well. What would that actually mean? Wonder if it's the exact same laser or the same type, that might make a difference.

It'd be pretty wild in itself if anybody eats dmt & looks at the same laser sees the same distortion. Wonder what happens if somebody's colorblind and looks, stuff like that

gently caress it do the experiment

I only saw some tik tok clips and I'm not sitting through the full thing but here is one of the podcasts and I would assume he goes through the specific setup in it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKcrKXFAd3s

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

TIL I'm a scientist doing research in the fundamental nature of reality

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

YOU CAN SEE THE ACTUAL CODE!!!

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark

Mola Yam posted:

o7 getting burned out for science.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
lmao he says it's literally katakana?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Mola Yam posted:

Diakatana you say? Now I know it's bull poo poo

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

One day I'm gonna play that game

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Mola Yam posted:

sighing as i unsheathe my katakana...

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Mola Yam posted:

Yeah I went and found that part because I had the same reaction. He said it looks very similar but isn't. One of the people he had do it is Japanese and said it's not actually katakana but even to their eyes looked very similar. I still don't buy into this at all, but after listening to more the guy does seem to be a little more normal than I expected out of someone making the claims he is. But again, some random psychonaut finding actual proof we live in a simulation would be *chef's kiss*

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
the fact its katakana just means its a word of foreign origin :eng101:

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
yeah he's talking about the weridest poo poo but he has his "no i'm sane actually" patter down pretty well. he starts talking about the experiment in detail at...

42:00 :tinfoil:

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

You can't ever really discount the possibility that brains just do be like that though. It'd be like proving brain jars or predeterminism- there isn't anything you can do about it, and there's still interesting stuff to figure out even within the limits of that new reality/same as the old reality.

For decades (centuries?) people have supposedly been speaking previously unknown languages while possessed by demons and somehow there still hasn't been a compelling study verifying that claim. I get that snorting a line of ketamine or whatever is more accessible than wrangling an underworld denizen into using your body like a finger puppet,

But hey, namaste. And congrats on milking an academic hustle out of the most cliched shared psychadelic exchange for anyone who ever bothered to dabble: "Whoa, the wall is melting" "WHOA..THE WALL IS MELTING"

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

(for me the wall was always more like criss-crossing layers moving across/under each other, like a plaid design but without discernable edges or outlines and- and- and- lol someone wants to hear people repetitively describe this poo poo in a study- OTHER PEOPLE ARE THE WORST PART OF PSYCHADELICS)

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Well I guess I didn't think about it being a situation where of course it's not actual simulation code but he did find a reliable way to stimulate the same exact visuals/hallucinations in different people on the same drug? That would be genuinely interesting and would serve as a great jumping off point for some really interesting science. It would absolutely be a tool a scientist could use to infer some new information about how the brain works in altered states and could even have some therapeutic application because if you can start to reliably reproduce effects across patient populations you can start to really nail down protocols etc.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Victor Vermis posted:

OTHER PEOPLE ARE THE WORST

Phlogiston 4 Lyfe
May 13, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Just a Moron posted:

Is that Post Malone?

Yeah, funniest photo I could find of the dude

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

euphronius posted:

dreams are as real as your waking life. use them and learn from them

D-Pad posted:

... claiming he discovered if you project a certain type of laser at a certain wavelength on a wall and then take DMT you can see something akin to matrix code patterns. Which lol of course you can...

so long suckers! i vape up my DMT and create a huge cloud of smoke. when the cloud dissipates im lying completely dead on the pavement

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

The Demilich posted:

so long suckers! i vape up my DMT and create a huge cloud of smoke. when the cloud dissipates im lying completely dead on the pavement

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Wasn't the Matrix code just like ... sushi recipes?

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
if ya think about it, we're all just fish on rice

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

fanfic insert posted:

if ya think about it, we're all just fish on rice

im one of those gas station california rolls

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/13kof35/life_after_disclosure/

click for lols

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

now that is a top tier shitpost

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

why would a simulation have code scrolling around

in video games this does not happen, it would be horribly inefficient/pointless to render the actual code

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

*clicks on laser pointer and takes a huge rip of deemsters*

if/else...for...map...=>...my god, reality is written in....javascript??