Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Klyith posted:

scroll back up, the OP posted the whole thing in quote

Thanks! That was a brutal read

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Kyiv city military admin confirms all missiles and drones aimed at their airspace were shot down again. No info on what happened elsewhere yet.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

There's information from Odesa. Apparently one of the missiles did hit and sadly one person was killed and two wounded. The other missiles aimed there were shot down.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

zone posted:

There's information from Odesa. Apparently one of the missiles did hit and sadly one person was killed and two wounded. The other missiles aimed there were shot down.

Well that's money well spent for Russia I have heard the ROI on this missile attack was in the green.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

jesus christ

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1659080318509277185
Job well done guys. Job well done. Most notably no hypersonic incels, oops, kinzhals, this time.

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1659079034607730689
oh no, anyway.

poor waif
Apr 8, 2007
Kaboom
Sweden recently hosted a large military exercise (Aurora 23) including a bunch of different NATO forces as well as Ukraine, involving 26000 troops. This coincides with reports that Sweden has trained (and equipped) a Ukrainian mechanised brigade with CV-90, Leopard 2s and Archer artillery systems.

A NATO exercise with 26000 troops should be pretty good preparation for a counteroffensive. Apparently, the equipment and the troops are already in Ukraine.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

But remember, we need to protect the nice Muscovite men who mean well and keep their heads down and just actively participate in this culture every day of their lives.

This might arise from gulags, but as Muscovy is a criminal society it now infects every business and political organisation that matters from the top down.

Strategic Tea fucked around with this message at 08:17 on May 18, 2023

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
In a war with plenty of suprise reveals, learning Sweden has been training a full Ukrainian brigade in secret is up there in the top.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Now, I am not calling Russians Orcs, that poo poo is weak.

But god drat, this is literally some Warhammer 40K Ork poo poo. Take an abandoned tank chassis, slap on a random big gun, paint it red so it goes faster. I assume they just haven't gotten around to the last part yet.

(I guess it could also be an Imperial Guard unit)

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
Russia already destroyed 250% of delivered Patriot systems :lol:

https://twitter.com/olex_scherba/status/1659077857212088322

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

the popes toes posted:

And on other fronts, per a journalist working the Pentagon

https://twitter.com/idreesali114/status/1658986422307635204

I wonder if shrapnel from an exploded missile hit one of the units and after inspection nothing vital was hit

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Dwesa posted:

You can always rely on Russian MOD to report on quantum strikes into the past, present and the future

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

they mean residential buildings filled with Ukranian patriots

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

fatherboxx posted:

You can always rely on Russian MOD to report on quantum strikes into the past, present and the future

everyone knows the allies get chrono legionnaires - we should expect no less. soon the 3000 Kirov battle dirigibles of Yuri will blot out the sun over Berlin

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Maybe five launchers? Which is also something that didn't happen of course. They're really overdosing on copium lately

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Now, I am not calling Russians Orcs, that poo poo is weak.

But god drat, this is literally some Warhammer 40K Ork poo poo. Take an abandoned tank chassis, slap on a random big gun, paint it red so it goes faster. I assume they just haven't gotten around to the last part yet.

(I guess it could also be an Imperial Guard unit)

Drakeno: Orks
Drakeyes: Mad Max

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

tiaz posted:

everyone knows the allies get chrono legionnaires - we should expect no less. soon the 3000 Kirov battle dirigibles of Yuri will blot out the sun over Berlin

Watch out for temporal hitler spetsnaz

https://twitter.com/leutztealeaf/status/1648896055235211265?t=g25GnKpK19rIDAYHl77KvQ&s=19

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

mobby_6kl posted:

Maybe five launchers? Which is also something that didn't happen of course. They're really overdosing on copium lately

Well, I think he's kinda right. I suspect the plan is to drive that column around Ukraine, all the way to the 2014 borders.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Flash_news_ua/status/1659111116998426624
Four missiles were shot at Zhytomyr last night. One was shot down, the remaining three denazified a field on the outskirts. No damage or casualties.

https://twitter.com/DefenceHQ/status/1659073859411144711
New British intelligence report. Short and simple, officials are being told that resignation means treason charges now. This is mainly being done for the sake of public impression and cohesion more than any practical reasons. :dumb:

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Dwesa posted:

That doesn't seem to be the claim.

Russian MoD, autotranslated posted:

According to reliable data, on May 16, as a result of a strike by the Kinzhal hypersonic missile system in the city of Kiev, a multifunctional radar station was hit and completely destroyed, as well as 5 launchers of the US-made Patriot anti-aircraft missile system.

https://t.me/mod_russia/26642

Even that is almost certainly bullshit, as are most Russian MoD figures, there's no need to make up even more ridiculous statements.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
I stand corrected, original Gazeta statement wasn't very specific.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

beer_war posted:

That doesn't seem to be the claim.

https://t.me/mod_russia/26642

Even that is almost certainly bullshit, as are most Russian MoD figures, there's no need to make up even more ridiculous statements.

The tweet posted (the Gazeta one) specifies "systems", so that's what the person posting was going off of.

Gazeta posted:

In Kyiv, the Kinzhal complex destroyed 5 Patriot air defense systems - Ministry of Defense

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Then whats intercepting the missiles? The ghost of Kyiv?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I'm pretty sure the Russia position is that none of their missiles have been intercepted. Have they ever actually acknowledged one?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Kchama posted:

The tweet posted (the Gazeta one) specifies "systems", so that's what the person posting was going off of.

I doubt they have the capability to actually confirm a hit or even if their intelligence about target coordinates was correct. Probably just counting every communication loss with a missile close to the target coordinates as a confirmed hit. You don't have to explicitly lie to the public if you pretend to be very stupid and incompetent.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Russia and all of it's defenders trying to set the bar at "Can Damage US Made Anti Aircraft Yes/No" is a real weird flex

Not sure if that conceptual point is worth making or even really that important. Assuming Russian numbers are correct, which they have never been in reference to the 1000% claimed kills of Bayraktars and HIMARS, they damaged part of one of the two batteries we sent. Not only that it's surplus AA they've put around their capitol so damaging it doesn't really accomplish anything since they aren't trying to conduct airstrikes or bombing campaigns. A random missile attack once a week doesn't solve much and Ukraine has received like 30 different kinds of AA from NATO.

If anything stumbling around and occasionally landing a punch just gives NATO time to figure out what is and isn't working and change it or send more of it. Losing hundreds of thousands of troops to desperately cling to territory and occasionally cause a problem somewhere doesn't seem like that big of an accomplishment. Maybe capitalism has finally brainwashed me.

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro
BTW Putin’s chef, that’s Putins kock in Swedish.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

GABA ghoul posted:

I doubt they have the capability to actually confirm a hit or even if their intelligence about target coordinates was correct. Probably just counting every communication loss with a missile close to the target coordinates as a confirmed hit. You don't have to explicitly lie to the public if you pretend to be very stupid and incompetent.

Oh I was just explaining that the reason why the original poster and tweet talked about 'systems' and not 'launchers' is that the original Russian tweet specified 'systems', so they weren't making stuff up to dunk on the Russians.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I can't really see this anything but trying to score russia stronk propaganda points. The system of course isn't magic and there can be failures to intercept but there's literally more launchers than they have missiles so we can keep this going for a while.

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

drat, the Russian prison culture article and the earlier one from the Belarussian political prisoner guy paints such a bleak picture. Its like middleschool bullies who never mentally matured created a culture.

The thing about never admitting to eating pussy or get made untouchable, jesus that pisses me off (among all the other horrible poo poo) Imagine being that toxically immature

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Renreeja posted:

drat, the Russian prison culture article and the earlier one from the Belarussian political prisoner guy paints such a bleak picture. Its like middleschool bullies who never mentally matured created a culture.

The thing about never admitting to eating pussy or get made untouchable, jesus that pisses me off (among all the other horrible poo poo) Imagine being that toxically immature

It less about immaturity or genuine superstitions and more about control and dominance - a set of oblique and absurd rules as a formal reason to subjugate. People on top of the system dont believe in the rules since no one would dare to question when the boss works with police/prison admin or makes money from drugs or eats pussy.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I'm pretty sure the Russia position is that none of their missiles have been intercepted. Have they ever actually acknowledged one?

yea everytime one of their missiles hits a school or hospital or apartment complex, they blame ukrainian AA for deflecting it from its intended target

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Coquito Ergo Sum posted:

A while back but it's worth noting that the Bradley wasn't really "overbloated." You couched your speech enough that I don't think you believe the Pentagon Wars' mythology around the Bradley program, but the US had gone through decades of specialized equipment and wanted to streamline its needs for light AFVs that something like the Bradley could fulfill. At the end of the day, the we got a vehicle that performed admirably in the recon/counter-recon, cavalry, infantry support, and mobile command roles, among others. And it was even under budget, a rarity for its time. Its long development came at a time when we were trying to scrap old thinking and reorganize unit structure.

which is exactly what people will say about the f-35

I'm still making fun of it choking pilots

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Renreeja posted:

:hmmyes: eating pussy is extremely gay if you think about it

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Barudak posted:

Then whats intercepting the missiles? The ghost of Kyiv?

It's me. I'm putting out the gay trans vibe so hard the rockets go limp. Typical fragile alpha male russian bullshit missiles.

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
Stay classy, tankies.
https://twitter.com/EHunterChristie/status/1659010456017686528

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Okay which SA poster is she?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Starting to look like the GLA gear in C&C: Generals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1659139578299645952
:getin: