Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Beached Whale
Jun 27, 2009

The world as will and idea

Self driving car startups/unicorns have been in full meltdown since last year when it turned out making a self driving car that doesn't plow into pedestrians is really hard, actually.

The one exception is Tesla because their founder relishes in pedestrian death and doesn't care if the people in the car die for his beta testing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Frosted Flake posted:

lol real Opium Wars style rhetoric. "Economic Aggression".

(pretend I own a shop)
The shop over the road from mine is selling better than me, that's economic aggression and you know what that means.

(burns down whole block, files insurance claim)

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

"when we started this company, we believed that autonomous driving was a goal that was... TuSimple NOT to achieve. But in fact we have found that it was... TuComplicated for us to figure out. And our operating budget has, as a result, become TuInsolvent for us to continue."

Lol

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Beached Whale posted:

Self driving car startups/unicorns have been in full meltdown since last year when it turned out making a self driving car that doesn't plow into pedestrians is really hard, actually.

The one exception is Tesla because their founder relishes in pedestrian death and doesn't care if the people in the car die for his beta testing.

Actually Teslas are the chosen car of climate change people so if you don't like being run over by a Tesla electric car that means you hate the Earth, bigot.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

dick wolff is [presumably] happily married to this lady :ssh:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

comedyblissoption posted:

dick wolff is [presumably] happily married to this lady :ssh:

Whoah Wolff is married to Fraad? That wasn't just my headcanon?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

gradenko_2000 posted:

Whoah Wolff is married to Fraad? That wasn't just my headcanon?

Dreams do come true!

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
https://twitter.com/wfla/status/1658781910535946242?s=46&t=o307xxBiew2hWqLPw2eClA

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Time for another government psyop?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/StephanieKelton/status/1658865924664082434

quote:

This resonated with a lot of people. 1M views in less than 24 hours. Some (a minority) of you said it was just Trump talking "crazy." But this is really very basic stuff. Let's see who else agrees...

"We will pay our debts in the end. It's not like if we don't pay we can't pay. We've got the right to print our own money. That's the key." ~Warren Buffet

"The United States can pay any debt it has because we can always print money to do that. So there is zero probability of default." ~Alan Greenspan

"American debt is a promise to pay US dollar bills at the end of 10yrs, 20yrs, 30ys, 1 yr, 6mo. But the fact is we print those dollars bills, so we will pay that off. There is a zero probability that [default] will happen." ~Joseph Stiglitz

Bottom line: US Treasuries (what we call "the national debt") are just dollars with different maturity dates. When they mature, the government "deletes" the bond (debits the securities account) and "prints" a plain old regular dollar (credits a bank account). This is not a theoretical proposition. It's a description how it works, operationally. So it's not that the US *can* create dollars to pay its bills but that there is no other way to do it.

It's because we refer to the outstanding stock of US Treasuries as the "national debt" that everyone gets twisted around. It's a branding problem!

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019

Well, I didn't expect that outcome from a simple question.

Guessing his wife wants something nicer? Can't imagine that the rats need more room.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

One, two
houses down in Pittsburgh
that's what I said now
Houses, owned by PFC yeah
just go ahead now

lmao

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

One, two
that's what I said now
just go ahead now

hahahaha

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Joey Steel posted:

Well, I didn't expect that outcome from a simple question.

Guessing his wife wants something nicer? Can't imagine that the rats need more room.

His wife wanted a specific house they nicknamed the "gingerbread house". He said he didn't need to sell his old house and could buy the new house with cash. Was asked if he was going to sell the old house he said yes then flipped flopped to they decided to be landlords. Now he is claiming they will sell the house.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Mr Hootington posted:

Edit: never got a thanks from you for getting Leon out of here either. Jackass

how did you do that? I’ll be honest I’m kind of missing typing “gently caress
YOU AND YOUR GOOGLE” once a day in here

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

may allah strike down the landlords

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Mr Hootington posted:

His wife wanted a specific house they nicknamed the "gingerbread house". He said he didn't need to sell his old house and could buy the new house with cash. Was asked if he was going to sell the old house he said yes then flipped flopped to they decided to be landlords. Now he is claiming they will sell the house.

Hoot is trying to turn me into a landlord by sheer force of will. I never had plans to rent my current house out.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The truth is out now class traitor

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

HallelujahLee posted:

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

lol can’t even imagine ever being financially secure enough to treat real estate like a collectible and nickname houses

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

HallelujahLee posted:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Hoot is trying to turn me into a landlord by sheer force of will. I never had plans to rent my current house out.

I don't want anyone to be a landlord but I do want you to have some random pittsburgh tenant you're made to answer to as they destroy your house

people are really overlooking the content potential here

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019

Mr Hootington posted:

Well, hopefully you don't get probation for answering me. Thanks for satisfying my idle curiosity.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I don't want anyone to be a landlord but I do want you to have some random pittsburgh tenant you're made to answer to as they destroy your house

in the ultimate turn of irony pfc is taken down by his own garbage disposal

Apr 7, 2003

I'm going to buy a third house just to spite Hootington

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

wasn't asean supposed to be one of america's counterweights to china?

stellar job there state department

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Somehow the tenant ends up being a guy that is more PFC than PFC, god that would be perfect lol

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Donald Trump is right

Apr 7, 2003

goth smoking cloves posted:

Somehow the tenant ends up being a guy that is more PFC than PFC, god that would be perfect lol

I was a good tenant

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

HallelujahLee posted:

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

One, two
that's what I said now
just go ahead now

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
PFC is a landlord because Pittsburgh real estate now lives rent-free in all of our minds.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

trump's election is what killed the TPP right? that was probably going to happen if clinton won?

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

i don't even really know what pittsburgh is. some english town I guess

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

trump's election is what killed the TPP right? that was probably going to happen if clinton won?

yeah. though who knows with clinton, it wouldn't be out of left field for her to tear up everything obama tried to do with as much glee as trump had

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

yes. it was good that clinton lost

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

they're putting guardrails on outflowing capital? they've caught onto lpzie :ohdear:

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Mods change my username to Doomthread Dossier

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

You think I care how much of a hypocrite you are? It is funny how much of a clown you are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

Mr Hootington posted:

You think I care how much of a hypocrite you are? It is funny how much of a clown you are.

I can't hear you from the lofty heights of my Queen Anne-style turret office.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)