Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

They're also not completely insane, they won't lock a whole-rear end playable character out from being accessible to players in some fashion, that's a whole mess for tournaments. Generally speaking the only stuff that gets really walled off is things that don't influence the game like cosmetics and narrator voices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

webmeister posted:

This except it’s the World of Warcraft level up ding

No.

Everquest ding.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
They named the 12th Mortal Kombat MK1.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Mortal Kombat One X

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
I have no interest in a new mortal kombat (or injustice) game if nrs keeps making the characters move like constipated mannequins

and the gore is getting out of hand they need to tone it down

killer instinct 3 is really the better mortal kombat

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

There's too much fighting going on in these fighting games.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I just hope the PC release is actually good. NetherRealm has a history of making their PC ports being terrible quality that crash a lot, but PC is the platform I prefer to play fighting games on.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

I said come in! posted:

I just hope the PC release is actually good. NetherRealm has a history of making their PC ports being terrible quality that crash a lot, but PC is the platform I prefer to play fighting games on.
Official site credits the PC port to QLOC. I believe they did the post-MK10 ports that weren't complete trash.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

MK11 PC port was good.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Wasn't the Krypt locked at 30 or something on PC? That was its only issue besides normal server stuff iirc

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Charles Martel posted:

They named the 12th Mortal Kombat MK1.

God damnit I was going to make that joke

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

BoosterDuck posted:

I have no interest in a new mortal kombat (or injustice) game if nrs keeps making the characters move like constipated mannequins

and the gore is getting out of hand they need to tone it down

killer instinct 3 is really the better mortal kombat

I think assists are the dumbest, least interesting thing they could have done with this. With Street Fighter back in a big way it's gonna take a hell of a lot more than that to get me to buy it. I liked 11 just fine, and these games tend to go on extremely deep discount down the line. I dunno. This is pretty tepid as announcements go.

Also getting access in August with a pre order? Either this game is extremely close to done already or they expect people to pay to test it. Either way, pretty lame.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I will simply wait until I see actual gameplay of it before I form a strong opinion.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

BurningBeard posted:

Also getting access in August with a pre order? Either this game is extremely close to done already or they expect people to pay to test it. Either way, pretty lame.

No?

There's a closed beta for PS5/Xbox Series in August, probably going to be heavily limited in scope (likely only 1v1 modes and not all characters).

September 14th, people who pay big money to get a fancier edition get access to the game.
September 19th, the poors paying a mere $70 get access to the game.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

New Powerwash dlc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rByUJRGccWE

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

univbee posted:

No?

There's a closed beta for PS5/Xbox Series in August, probably going to be heavily limited in scope (likely only 1v1 modes and not all characters).

September 14th, people who pay big money to get a fancier edition get access to the game.
September 19th, the poors paying a mere $70 get access to the game.

Ah my bad I misunderstood.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

It's already underwater?

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://twitter.com/arstechnica/status/1659237540812005379?s=20

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

That feels like an early 2013 idea for gaming, and is therefore a terrible idea that no one is going to use.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Why not? They already do the same thing for Game Pass and like a billion people in this very thread never shut up about how they gamed the system and get it for free with a simple browser plugin.

More options is always a good thing.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Supraland: Six Inches Under shadowdropped on Game Pass today alongside the console release. I own the original game on Steam but still haven't gotten around to playing it; heard very good things about the series, though

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

CuddleCryptid posted:

It's already underwater?

you blast it with better, cleaner water

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I said come in! posted:

That feels like an early 2013 idea for gaming, and is therefore a terrible idea that no one is going to use.

I guess that’s why the article thumbnail shows the old Xbox One UI.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Definitely happening. Not clickbait

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

My Xbox today wanted to ask for a second time if I wanted to be in power saving mode. The liberals have gone too far this time!!!

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

American McGay posted:

More options is always a good thing.
not always
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/7815657/

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Definitely happening. Not clickbait

Like if that's the same Sarah Bond interview from a few days ago, that's entirely a conflation of two separate thoughts she expressed.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I just noticed Midnight Suns has an achievement called, "Friendship is Magic" I NEED THAT ACHIEVMENT!

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Barry Convex posted:

Supraland: Six Inches Under shadowdropped on Game Pass today alongside the console release. I own the original game on Steam but still haven't gotten around to playing it; heard very good things about the series, though

I thought Supraland was a pretty enjoyable enough puzzle/adventure game. Could've maybe used a map though as backtracking later on gets a bit confusing.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I never played Dante's Inferno but it's on game pass and it was a slow night so I thought why not.

It's not my type of game so I won't stay with it for long, but I really like the whole design of it. It's a very metal game, the hacking and the slashing is fun and I'm glad I got to try it out at least.

edit:

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1659555876733059073?s=20

John F Bennett fucked around with this message at 14:49 on May 19, 2023

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dantes Inferno is a game I really wanted to get through a few years ago. But the controls and really cheap deaths especially from bosses, made the whole thing a very frustrating experience. The game is great, but doesnt really hold up either to similar games released at the time, namely God of War 3.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost
A nice sale of 'back compat' titles running at the moment. Picked up a fair few games, just to fill out the library a bit (a mix of stuff I played back in the day, and some new-to-me titles as well). And also that Avatar game that is notorious for its easy 1000G.

Its notoriety is well earned.

I am not repentant

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Just bought a Series X since they are easy to get off amazon now. Glad the supply issues seem to be getting better. Mainly for back compat stuff since a lot of those old games aren't on pc game pass or pc in general. It'll be nice to hook up to the big screen too for newer stuff. I've found hooking up my tv to my pc has been kind of a pain for some reason.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I usually don't care about the "series S is holding back devs" poo poo because I don't have one and devs are still making games for last gen/switch/and crap PCs. I think the S is probably fine for a lot of people (even though everyone should really just get an X). That being said lol at SF6 on the S

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
More like Series Shaved

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I mean, it’s a PS4 game so they’re probably just using all the PS4 LODs and calling it a day.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

The traditional fighting game portion of SF6 looks excellent but that open world mode looks so bad, I hope it's an easily ignorable part of the game rather than something needed to play to unlock things. The custom characters look goofy as heck too. I wonder how many extra characters & stages we could have got if they'd have just ditched that mode?

Would have been cooler if they had made a Final Fight styled scrolling beat 'em up story mode instead if they wanted to spice things up imo.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

American McGay posted:

I mean, it’s a PS4 game so they’re probably just using all the PS4 LODs and calling it a day.

Ps4 has access to ryus beard

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Seltzer posted:

Ps4 has access to ryus beard

Probably a bug or oversight. Still funny

hatty posted:

More like Series Shaved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Seltzer posted:

I usually don't care about the "series S is holding back devs" poo poo because I don't have one and devs are still making games for last gen/switch/and crap PCs. I think the S is probably fine for a lot of people (even though everyone should really just get an X). That being said lol at SF6 on the S

cool PS2 game