Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I can't imagine they shell out all that money to do yet another rebrand. Frankly they should have stuck with football team but that's why I'm not making the big bucks as a brain genius ceo of the nfl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

BiggerBoat posted:

Has their been any talk of Washington fixing their stupid nickname and unis under the new ownership? I kinda think they should.

As long as they keep the dark burgundy theme, every other drat thing should go. We need a complete Snyder colonic cleansing

Rich burgundy is the best sports color by far don’t @ me

predicto fucked around with this message at 15:00 on May 13, 2023

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Doctor it’s been more than four hours plz help

Dumb obvious repetitive joke that lowered everyone’s opinion of me but I don’t care I ain’t had much footbaw happiness for the past 30 years

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

https://www.wvtm13.com/article/jale...otball/43882841

Jesus loving christ THAT'S my qb 😍 he's doin all the side quests before he resumes in September

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

beep by grandpa posted:

https://www.wvtm13.com/article/jale...otball/43882841

Jesus loving christ THAT'S my qb 😍 he's doin all the side quests before he resumes in September

The man's so devoted to being a good leader that he went and got a master's in human relations. Dak had to settle for one in workforce leadership and that's why no one likes him.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Sixers and cowboys belong together imo

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I hadn't really thought about it but, man, the AFC is just stacked at QB compared to the NFC.

Jalen is the default #1 based on only one year and then you have, what? Dak, Cousins, Stafford?

AFC has Burrow, Mahomes, Allen, Jackson, Rodgers, Lawrence, Herbert...Russel Wilson and Watson if they can get their poo poo together. It's pretty nuts how lopsided it is.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

BiggerBoat posted:

I hadn't really thought about it but, man, the AFC is just stacked at QB compared to the NFC.

Jalen is the default #1 based on only one year and then you have, what? Dak, Cousins, Stafford?

Geno, at least for now. Time will tell if last season was legit or a fluke.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Dak = embiid comparison is pretty legit

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I'd rather have Dak

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

can't imagine Dak sitting for a press conference after he had clearly quit on the field in the second half and saying "me and Micah can't do it on our own"

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
If someone asked why he couldn't win he'd say answering that would be a HIPPA violation

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
While his broken leg flopped around

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Cowboys will consider literally anybody else on Earth for kicker

Not an onion article

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

As a non-cowboys fan, i'm very happy that their special teams coach is willing to absolutely ether anyone who dare play the position where nerves of steel, confidence and a short memory are absolutely paramount. what a loving joke of an organization

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

BiggerBoat posted:

AFC has Burrow, Mahomes, Allen, Jackson, Rodgers, Lawrence, Herbert...Russel Wilson and Watson if they can get their poo poo together. It's pretty nuts how lopsided it is.

:lol: hurts is not the best qb in the nfce let alone the nfc.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Show your work then

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Mr. Nice! posted:

Hey I like Sam Howell a lot too but he does have to prove himself just like Hurts did.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Mr. Nice! posted:

Danny Dimes gonna break out this year and dominate the division by channeling righteous NFC East Clownball not seen since the heady days of First Ballot Hall of Famer Eli Manning’s second glorious trip to the Super Bowl.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Carson Wentz will raise a football team from underground and threaten the NFC East as a fifth team.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Shinjobi posted:

Carson Wentz will raise a football team from underground and threaten the NFC East as a fifth team.

I'm imagining this as him getting a crew together, cornering individual players on the street and challenging them to a game of 11-on-1 football. Somehow he still throws three picks and loses. Nick Foles is the detective who has to track him down.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Shinjobi posted:

So, Wentz is going to the Cardinals, got it. They’re still as connected to the NFC East now as they were in the 80s and 90s.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

Go on.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I think Dak still takes it until/unless Hurts repeats tbh. Eagles have had a lot of flashes in the pan at QB that couldn't keep it together for more than 20 games

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Dak is the number one quarterback in the Ligma division.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Cartoon Man posted:

Dak is the number one quarterback in the Ligma division.

Whats the Ligma Division?!@

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

euphronius posted:

Show your work then

Jalen Hurts has played two seasons.

His best year of passing was *almost* as good as Dak's 3rd best.

His other season was worse than Dak's worst.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Age aside, I think most people, if they were starting a team right now and had to choose between Dak or Jalen, they'd take Hurts. And I don't think it'd be significantly close.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

quarterbacks do more than pass

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

indigi posted:

quarterbacks do more than pass
It is a team game, after all.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

blarzgh posted:

His best year of passing got him to a superbowl

Dak hasn’t made it past quarters, right?

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Diqnol posted:

Dak has two wildcard wins, one wildcard loss, and three divisional round losses.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ty for confirming my good chum

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

blarzgh posted:

?? Dak has never had a season as good as hurts

Check this out

16-2 including winning the NFC

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

To the extent “passing stats” exists and are meaningful, check this out

Dack:

Hurts

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

A homeless guy in Philly complimented my eagles hoodie I had on leaving dunkin today and then he said something to me like "go eagles!! we're gonna rebuild this division!" which made me wonder when the last time he checked in on it was 😔

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
How many Super Bowls has Dak lost tho? Zero. :smugdog:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I don't think it's a hot take to say Dak is better than Hurts right now but using wins/losses is a dumb way to make the argument in either direction

Hurts also has a better surrounding cast and isn't coached by Fat Mike

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Diqnol posted:

*He lost a superbowl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

euphronius posted:

To the extent “passing stats” exists and are meaningful, check this out

Dack:

Hurts

You found PFR, I'm so loving proud of you