Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Seams posted:

creatively barren megacorps that churn out absolute dreck for its deranged, rusted-on fans who lap it up without question?? Folks are we talking about Disney or wwe?!?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Shard posted:

At least Roman doesn't make passive aggressive remarks about his ex wife giving him unhealthy children

Mario nooo

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Much like all wrestlers, Pratt was superior as a big chunky boy

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Eat My Fuc posted:

Cody should turn heel, turn purple, and be that big purple man from marvels endgame

Nah. Cody'd best Superhero thing was when he came out dressed as Mr. Sinister.

The only way he could beat that in my eyes if he came out as Kraven the Hunter. (But Ethan Page already has that down.)

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

personally its kind of a relief that the MCU has been boring after Endgame so I don't have any worries about skipping all of these new movies and shows. it felt like the perfect conclusion with no need to carry on. kinda like if you stopped watching WWF at wrestlemania 17.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
After Endgame was the time to get really weird and do a bunch of crazy poo poo because what've you got to lose and it's really disappointing that instead they just did a bunch of boring, samey origin stories and bafflingly long and stupid TV shows.

I really wanted to like Shang Chi, cause it's like, okay, MCU is doing a kung-fu movie with some magic rings, that's cool. And it was for about an hour and a half, they did a decent little job telling this story about this dude and his kids and this struggle they were going through and the shared grief from the death of their mom and how they were all trying to fight their way through it with kung-fu and magic rings, and then they do an extended Iron Man 3 reference for some reason? And then they introduce a completely new villain out of nowhere and the last chunk of the movie was just full-on MCU CGI nightmare. I have a hard time recalling when I've gone from enjoying a movie to being so disappointed and annoyed with it more than that. That's when I kinda gave up that the post-Endgame MCU was gonna be worth anything. There's still stuff worth watching like WandaVision and Spider-Man and Doctor Strange but that's just the stuff that was already there, they clearly have no clue what they're doing with any of the new stuff.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

BrigadierSensible posted:

Nah. Cody'd best Superhero thing was when he came out dressed as Mr. Sinister.

The only way he could beat that in my eyes if he came out as Kraven the Hunter. (But Ethan Page already has that down.)

You’re making up super heroes to troll me!!!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I haven’t seen it but I’m guessing it’s because they did fake Mandarin in Iron Man 3 so not really that hard to see the some reason in a film that also wants to reference The Mandarin.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

History Comes Inside! posted:

I haven’t seen it but I’m guessing it’s because they did fake Mandarin in Iron Man 3 so not really that hard to see the some reason in a film that also wants to reference The Mandarin.

Yeah, that's why, it just goes on for a bafflingly long time. Like, they do the joke, ha ha, hey here's the fake Mandarin from Iron Man 3, remember that. And then, they just keep doing it for the rest of the movie. Like, he's just a part of the cast now. It's so weird.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

personally its kind of a relief that the MCU has been boring after Endgame so I don't have any worries about skipping all of these new movies and shows. it felt like the perfect conclusion with no need to carry on. kinda like if you stopped watching WWF at wrestlemania 30.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
marvel movies are like cody rhodes, people cannot just stop themselves from talking about how cool they think they are for not liking them

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MJeff posted:

After Endgame was the time to get really weird and do a bunch of crazy poo poo because what've you got to lose and it's really disappointing that instead they just did a bunch of boring, samey origin stories and bafflingly long and stupid TV shows.

Hope died when they wouldn't even let Raimi get away with something interesting for a full-length. Like, why even bother with hiring Raimi in the first place at that point if you're not letting him try

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Tampa Bae posted:

marvel movies are like cody rhodes

Average run time of two hours

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

That DICK! posted:

lmao

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

I don't think that joke quite makes sense

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Trying posted:

I don't think that joke quite makes sense

I can tell it means Cody sucks what else could one need

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

Hope died when they wouldn't even let Raimi get away with something interesting for a full-length. Like, why even bother with hiring Raimi in the first place at that point if you're not letting him try

They let him do zombie Benedict Cumberbatch, I thought that was fun.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Chris James 2 posted:

Being able to say you hired him in press.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Trying posted:

Much like all wrestlers, Pratt was superior as a big chunky boy

big chunky boy like when he thought exposing his penis to Amy Poehler and Rashida Jones without their consent was a funny prank?

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

bartok posted:

big chunky boy like when he thought exposing his penis to Amy Poehler and Rashida Jones without their consent was a funny prank?

Oh, that bitch should be in jail in then

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

You’re making up super heroes to troll me!!!

Come on man, the best Spider-Man comic is about Kraven.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Trying posted:

Oh, that bitch should be in jail in then

they ran it as a funny prank outtake for parks and rec as like a dvd extra or something too, lmao

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

That DICK! posted:

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

NienNunb posted:

Come on man, the best Spider-Man comic is about Kraven.

Kraven, a totally well known character by more than 7 people.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Eat My Fuc posted:

Kraven, a totally well known character by more than 7 people.
how can you be a cody fan and not read nerdy comic books

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
who the gently caress hired kraven?

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Seams posted:

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Seams posted:

Lol

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Kraven? Raven? What?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Kraven the Hunter is Paul anytime he's asked about Vince being back

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

Seams posted:

creatively barren megacorps that churn out absolute dreck for its deranged, rusted-on fans who lap it up without question?? Folks are we talking about Disney or wwe?!?!

Is Baron Megacorps the latest gimmick change for Corbin? Because I could get behind him as a suit-wearing cyborg.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Kraven The Hunter is sorta like Leo Kruger. Remember Leo Kruger

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Sandman McMahon posted:

turns out he just liked to have fun

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sandman McMahon posted:

A less obscure question than "Remember Bray Wyatt"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Nick Khan spoke at a conference

India event in September
TV rights exclusivity negotiation window is up so they're free to speak with others now about pursuing a deal. Singled out Amazon
SD could switch nights
Foresees 1.5x rights increase ($1.5bil for SD minimum)
Peacock also going to need to pay up big to keep them
https://twitter.com/TonyMaglio/status/1659260827529035777?s=20

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Does peacock have any reason to keep them?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Moving the tv to amazon would be the funniest result, like goddamn nothing would come close

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Moon Knight show was sick

also lol yes please move to Amazon that’ll go great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Man, there is such a massive contrast in the way Nick and Tony Khan talk about their television partners.